MPOWER Financing, Public Benefit Corporation is glad to announce La Unidad Latina/Mpowering Estudiantes Latinoamericanos (Lulmel) Scholarship. The scholarship is open for those international students who are at least 18 years of age at the time of application.
One $3,000 scholarship and two $1,000 scholarships awarded to students from Latin America who are currently enrolled or accepted to study full-time at an MPOWER Partner University in the United States. MPOWER’s mission is to support international students and their career aspirations.
MPOWER Financing is a Public Benefit Corporation whose stated mission is to reduce the financial barriers to international education. They are not just a just a student lender – their goal is to set students up for academic, professional, and financial successes.
- Applications Deadline: April 15, 2019
- Course Level: The scholarship is open for degree level programs.
- Study Subject: The scholarships are available for undergraduate programs.
- Scholarship Award: $3,000
- Nationality: Internationally
- Number of Scholarships: Number of scholarships are available
- Scholarship can be taken in Washington, DC., USA
Eligibility for the Scholarship
- Eligible Countries: International students from Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Montserrat, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, Uruguay, Venezuela are invited to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: The student must have one of the following immigration statuses:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have completed at least two years of undergraduate study in any major
- Have a GPA of 2.8 or higher
- Be enrolled or accepted to study full-time at one of MPOWER’s partner universities in the United States for the remainder of the student’s undergraduate study and/or for a graduate degree program
- Be an international student on an F-1 visa or a Green Card holder (permanent resident)
- Be a citizen of any country in Latin America
LULF and MPOWER will select winners based on:
- The quality of the applicant’s written essay; the essay should demonstrate clarity of thought, compelling goals and vision, and superior writing skills in English;
- The applicant’s proven engagement and effectiveness in creating opportunity, improving quality of life, and/or advocating for and empowering marginalized communities in his or her home country and/or within the U.S. Latino community;
- The applicant’s record of academic and (if applicable) professional distinction;
- The extent to which there is a clear nexus between the applicant’s intended field of study and his/her goals and aspirations; and
- The applicant’s potential as a leader and advocate in his/her home country or among the U.S. Latino community.
How to Apply: Students will need to submit scholarship application through the given link: https://www.mpowerfinancing.com/scholarships/#scholarship1
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.