Mahathir Science Award 2019 for Tropical Medicine and Tropical Natural Resources.
Mahathir Science Award 2019 – Applications are currently invited for Mahathir Science Award for Tropical Medicine and Tropical Natural Resources. Applications deadline is 31st October, 2019.
Nominations are open for the Mahathir Science Award 2019 for Tropical Medicine and Tropical Natural Resources. The Mahathir Science Award is bestowed on any scientists, institutions or organisation worldwide in recognition of contributions and innovations towards solving problems in the tropics through science and technology.
This award will be given to the most deserving researchers who have made internationally recognised breakthroughs in pioneering tropical research in the following fields:
- Tropical Agriculture
- Tropical Architecture and Engineering
- Tropical Medicine
- Tropical Natural Resources
From among the four categories, two categories are rotated yearly. The Call for Nomination is now open for the Tropical Medicine and Tropical Natural Resources categories.
- One award will be conferred each year covering any of the four fields. The award carries a cash prize of USD 100,000, a gold medal and a certificate.
- Open to any scientists, institution or organization worldwide in recognition of contributions and innovations towards solving problems in the tropics through science and technology.
- Significant research & studies contributing to new knowledge in solving problems in tropics
- Demonstrable evidence of significant socio and societal impact
- Contribution to policy and governance leading to sustainable improvement to quality of life
- National, regional and international recognition (to consider whether same work nominated has been previously awarded)
- H-index or equivalent
The merits of the nominee will be assessed based on the materials which are being provided by the nominator and responses to the questions in the nomination form. It is essential that the nominator attaches to the form all background information about the nominee and evidence of contribution that merits consideration for this award.
A complete nomination must consist:
- Nomination form
- Recent photograph (in high-resolution, not less than 1MB)
- Curriculum vitae
- List of honours and awards
- List of product/services commercialised
- List of publications and patent (granted and pending)
- Letter of referral (at least two (2) letters of referral to support the nomination)
- Supporting document (newspaper clipping, media announcement, etc)
The Award Secretariat accepts mailed or e-mailed nomination addressed to the below contact:
MAHATHIR SCIENCE AWARD FOUNDATION (MSAF)
c/o Academy of Sciences Malaysia (ASM)
20th Floor, West Wing MATRADE Tower
Jalan Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah
Off Jalan Tuanku Abdul Halim
50480 Kuala Lumpur
Email: [email protected]
Deadline: October 31, 2019
For more information CLICK HERE.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.