Ads: Total Cure for Diabetes => CLICK HERE - 15 Products Remaining | HURRY NOW!
Apply for MasterCard Foundation RUFORUM Scholarships 2019 for Young Africans
MasterCard Foundation RUFORUM Scholarships 2019 …Applications are currently invited from suitably qualified candidates for MasterCard Foundation at RUFORUM Scholarships 2019 for Young Africans. Deadline for submitting of applications for this scholarship is 31st march 2019. See Details Below;
The Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM), in partnership with Mastercard Foundation is implementing an eight year transformative project to meaningfully contribute to Africa’s growth and development. The aim of the partnership is to transform African agricultural universities and their graduates to better respond to developmental challenges through enhanced application of science, technology, business and innovation for rural agricultural transformation.
Under this partnership, 110 undergraduate and 110 Masters Scholarships will be provided over a period of eight years. The scholarships target academically deserving yet economically disadvantaged, marginalized communities and those coming from conflict and post conflict areas of Africa. The scholarships are tenable at Egerton University in Kenya and Gulu University in Uganda. Students enrolled under this scholarship program will receive comprehensive scholarships, leadership development, life skills support, entrepreneurship training and mentorship and exposure to community engagement.
For the academic year 2019, 50 Undergraduate and 20 Masters Scholarships will be made available, of which 70% will be for Kenya and Uganda nationals. Sixty percent (60%) and fifty percent (50%) of the scholarships will be awarded to undergraduate and masters’ female applicants, respectively. These scholarships are only tenable at Gulu University in Uganda and Egerton University in Kenya.
This scholarship opportunity is open to African students of all race, colour, dissent and who in particular are economically disadvantaged and those coming from conflict and post-conflict areas of Africa.
- Applicants must be a national of Kenya and Uganda to benefit from the national respective scholarship quota;
- Be a citizen of any African country to benefit from the Africa region scholarship quota
- Be from economically disadvantaged, marginalized communities, coming from conflict and post conflict areas.
- Be less than 25 years for undergraduate and less than 30 years for Master’s studies at the time of application.
- Should have completed secondary school and/or diploma for a Bachelor’s degree application not more than two years from the time of this call. Continuing students are NOT eligible;
- The applicant should meet admission criteria to eligible programs in the University of choice (Egerton University or Gulu University);
- For admission into Gulu University for an undergraduate degree program one must have attained the High School Certificate (HSC) also known as Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACEl) or its equivalent. For admission into Egerton University one must have completed the Kenya Secondary Education Certificate (KSCE) or its equivalent;
- Demonstrate interest in agriculture, agribusiness and entrepreneurship;
- Demonstrate leadership qualities;
- Have commitment to working in agriculture and agricultural value chains;
- Have a strong commitment to community transformation;
- Females are particularly encouraged to apply.
The RUFORUM Technical Committee (RTC) has identified the following priority programs for the academic year 2019/2020 as eligible for application and to be supported.
- Bachelor of Science in Agri-Entrepreneurship and Communication Management
- Bachelor of Science in Food and Agribusiness
- Bachelor of Science in Biosystems Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture
- Bachelor of Information and Communication Technology
- Master of Science in Agri-Enterprises Development
- Master of Science in Food Security and Community Nutrition
- Bachelor of Agribusiness Management
- Bachelor of Science in Community Development
- Bachelor of Science in Natural Resources Management
- Bachelor of Science in Animal Science and Technology
- Master of Science in Agricultural Extension
- Master of Science in Soil Science
- This is a full board comprehensive scholarship that covers: tuition fees, one return air ticket for African students from outside Uganda and Kenya, research costs, workshop and conference costs, living expenses including stipend and hostel, laptop, internship attachment, community engagement and field attachment, and entrepreneurship training.
Applicants should obtain application forms for both the scholarships and admission from the university of choice. Applicants shall only apply to one university of choice. Application forms can also be downloaded by clicking following websites: RUFORUM; Gulu University and Egerton University. Applicants are encouraged to carefully study the application guidelines and provide all the required information and documents prior to submitting the application.
Download the MCF Application form.
Application forms (for admission and scholarship) must be submitted to the respective university of choice:
Prof. Nancy W. Mungai
TAGDev Program Coordinator
TAGDev Program’s Office Located in New Physics Block
P.O Box 536-20115, Egerton
Tel: +254 711 68 9880 or +254 720 390 893
Email: [email protected]
Academic Registrar, Gulu University
Awich Road, Laroo Division, Gulu municipality
P.O.Box 166 Gulu, Uganda
Tel: +256 782673491
Email: [email protected]
The deadline to apply for the [email protected] Scholarships is Sunday 31st March 2019 at 17:00 Hours (GMT+3).
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was interesting right, if yes, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, twitter or Google+
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now.♦ Total Cure for Diabetes => CLICK HERE. Only 15 Product Remaining - Hurry Now!
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.