Mpower Global Citizen Scholarship 2020/2021 Application Form Portal.
Mpower Global Citizen Scholarship: Have you heard about the Mpower Global Citizen scholarship? If no, then pay attention.
This is a unique scholarship awarded annually to international and DACA students. And these students are those enrolled at Universities MPOWER supports.
However, to know more about this scholarship, keep reading this article. Also, always feel free to visit this web page for updates.
Some of the Goals of Mpower
It’s important you know that Mpower has many goals. However, the following are some of the goals of Mpower:
- Expanding access to higher education.
- Also creation of globally-minded, multi-lingual, culturally-competent graduates. And these graduates are poised to take on the world’s most pressing problems in science, technology, business, and public policy.
- Provision of academic scholarship to students. And this scholarship is designed to be as broad as possible. So as to match the broad, diverse experiences of international students.
Important Information About Mpower Global Citizen Scholarship for 2020/2021
The Mpower Global Citizen Scholarship is designed to be as broad as possible. And the aim is to match the broad, diverse experiences of international and DACA students. Also, there’s no requirement to be an MPOWER borrower to apply.
Furthermore, in recognition of the extraordinary potential of these students, note. This scholarship is awarded annually to international and DACA students. However, student must be enrolled at Universities MPOWER supports.
Also, it’s created specifically for international and DACA students. Thus, U.S. citizens wishing to study in the U.S. are not eligible for this scholarship. Also, Canadian citizens wishing to study in Canada are not eligible for this scholarship.
Vital Information About Mpower Global Citizen Scholarship
The following are some vital information about the Mpower Global Citizen Scholarship:
- Award Amount: Grand Prize is $3,000. While Honorable Mentions (2) is $1,000.
- Requirements: Applicant must be accepted at, or enrolled in, a full-time degree program at a U.S. or Canadian school. And this school must be supported by MPOWER. Also, must be an international student allowed to legally study in the U.S. or Canada.
- Deadline: April 15, 2020.
- Awards Available: MPOWER will offer one (1) $3,000 grand prize scholarship. And four (4) $1,000 scholarships for this scholarship cycle.
- Application Link: CLICK HERE
Some FAQs About this Scholarship
Below are some of the FAQs about Mpower Global Citizen scholarship:
1. Who is Eligible to Apply for the MPOWER Global Citizen Scholarship?
Those eligilible are those accepted at, or enrolled in, a full-time degree program at a U.S. or Canadian school that MPOWER supports.
Also, you must be an international or DACA student. And must be allowed to legally study in the U.S. or Canada.
2. How Can I Apply for this Scholarship?
You must complete the application form to enter the scholarship. Click here for the application form.
3. Must I Have My Visa Approved by the time I Apply?
Yes. Also, you must have your visa stamped in your passport by the closing date of the competition.
4. How will the Winners be Selected?
Winners will be selected solely based on their essay submission. Also, MPOWER will select winners based on:
- The quality of the applicant’s essay. Thus, the essay should demonstrate clarity of thought. A compelling goals and vision. And superior communication skills in English.
- Also, based on the extent to which there is a clear nexus between the applicant’s intended field of study and his/her goals and aspirations.
- Furthermore, based on the applicant’s potential. This is as a scientist, entrepreneur, leader, and/or change-maker with positive impact.
5. How Many Scholarships are offered?
MPOWER will offer one $3,000 grand prize scholarship. And four $1,000 scholarships for this scholarship cycle.
Other FAQs About this Scholarship
1. When is the Deadline to Apply?
The Mpower Global Citizen scholarship application deadline is April 15, 2020 by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST).
2. When will the Winners be Notified?
It’s expected they will be notified within 8 weeks of the deadline.
3. When and How will the Recipients Receive the Scholarship funds?
Following MPOWER’s selection of winners, MPOWER will verify their eligibility. Also, following such verification, all winners will be sent a Release.
Furthermore, following MPOWER’s receipt of a winner’s executed Release, MPOWER will disburse the funds directly to the winner’s college/university. But, this is subject to the requirements of any applicable U.S. or Canadian laws.
However, in the event that a winner cannot be verified, or fails or refuses to execute the Release, note. Such a person becomes ineligible for the scholarship. As such, MPOWER will select a replacement winner.
4. Who is/are the Sponsor(s) of this Scholarship?
The sponsor(s) of the Mpower Global Citizen scholarship is MPOWER Financing, Public Benefit Corporation. Located at 1101 Connecticut Avenue NW. Suite 900, 20036 Washington, District of Columbia.
In nutshell, the Mpower Global Citizen scholarship is here to assist students. Thus, visit the application link and read more about it.
However, before applying, ensure you meet the requirements. This is to avoid being disqualified from the program. Good luck.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.