The University of York Vice-Chancellor’s scholarships for International Students | Apply.
The University of York Vice-Chancellor’s scholarships… The University of York is pleased to announce the ten Vice-Chancellor’s scholarships in the UK 2019/2020. These scholarships are open for exceptional undergraduate and postgraduate taught students.
These prestigious scholarships aim to reward and encourage exceptionally high-achieving students by offering a tuition fee discount to those expected to achieve AAA at A-level, 36 points in the IB (or international equivalents), or a First class undergraduate degree (or international equivalents).
The University of York is a collegiate plate glass research university, located in the city of York, England. A member of the Russell Group, they are committed to strengthening our position as one of the world’s premier institutions for inspirational and life-changing research.
- Applications Deadline: April 30, 2019
- Course Level: These scholarships are available to pursue an undergraduate and postgraduate degree program.
- Study Subject: The scholarships will be awarded in the subjects offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: These scholarships will cover:
- five undergraduate scholarships offering a £5,000 tuition fee discount for each year of study, up to three years
- five postgraduate taught scholarships offering a £5,000 tuition fee discount for one year of study
- Nationality: Internationally
- Number of Scholarships: There are ten scholarships available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the Uk
Eligibility for the Scholarship
To be eligible, the applicants must be following all the given criteria:
- Eligible Countries: Scholarships are available to students from all around the world.
- Entrance Requirements: Eligible students must:
- be expected to achieve AAA at A Level, 36 points in the IB, or a 1st class undergraduate degree (or international equivalents)
- have a conditional or unconditional offer to study at the University of York by the 30 April 2019 (you do not need to have accepted the offer)
- be paying fees at the overseas fee rate (any fee assessments must be complete by the 30 April 2019)
- be intending on studying a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate taught a course based on the University of York campus
- have already met the English Language requirements of their offer (by 30 April 2019)
- Applicants cannot hold a 100% tuition fee scholarship or be fully sponsored.
- Applicants for the following pathways are not eligible to apply for the Vice-Chancellor’s scholarships:
- Hull York Medical School
- International Pathway College
- Distance learning courses
- As part of the application, you will need to provide 3 short statements of 250-300 words explaining why you would like to be considered for the scholarship.
- A panel of senior staff from the University will select the successful scholarship awardees.
- We aim to inform all applicants of the outcome of their scholarship application by late May.
- they recommend that you prepare these statements before you start your application.
- You will need to tell them:
- Why you are a strong candidate for this scholarship
- How this scholarship will help you achieve your ambitions for the future
- How you plan to pay the remaining tuition fees and living expenses
How to Apply
To apply for the scholarship, the applicants must submit an online application through the given link: https://www.york.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/fees-funding/international/scholarships/appformforacademicexcellencevcs/
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.