University of British Columbia Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2020 and How to Apply
Application are currently invited from suitably qualify candidate for University of British Columbia Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2020. The deadline for submission of applications for University of British Columbia Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program is 13th December 2019. See more details below;
The University of British Columbia is pleased to partner with The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program to provide comprehensive scholarships to students from Sub-Saharan Africa. The Program provides access to education for academically talented, yet economically marginalized young people.
Scholars in the Program have a demonstrated commitment to giving back to their communities and develop the leadership needed to contribute to social and economic transformation across the continent.
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at UBC will take place over a ten-year period with a total of 163 MasterCard Foundation Scholars, including 77 undergraduate and 35 master students. Beginning with five undergraduate students in 2013, in 2018 UBC will have more than 70 MasterCard Foundation Scholars.
UBC Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program Benefits.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program covers all expenses associated with UBC tuition, housing and food. Scholars also receive a stipend each month to support their lives in Vancouver.
UBC Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program Eligibility & Selection Criteria.
To be eligible for consideration for The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Masters’ Degree Program at UBC, the applicant must:
- have completed a Bachelor’s degree;
- be a citizen of and have lived a significant part of their life in a Sub-Saharan African country;
- present economically disadvantaged financial circumstances, and be able to show lack of financial means from family or other sources to pursue graduate education in their home country or elsewhere;
- have achieved academic excellence under difficult circumstances, and show leadership qualities or potential;
- demonstrate an interest in and commitment to giving back to his/her home community in ways that enhance the economic growth and social development of Africa, through engagement in activities in their current profession, university or community;
- be applying for a Master’s degree in one of the following Faculties and programs at UBC’s Vancouver campus;
- Sauder School of Business
- Faculty of Forestry
- Faculty of Land and Food Systems
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Science
- be a person who requires a Canadian study permit to study in Canada;
- commit to returning to Africa immediately after graduation from UBC in order to apply their training and skills to the betterment of others.
Please note that Convention refugees and students intending to become landed immigrants to Canada are not eligible for consideration for this award.
UBC Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program Timeline.
- Step 1: Admissibility Submission: November 6, 2019
- Step 2: Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program Application December 13, 2019
- Step 3: UBC Faculty Applications:
- Arts: January 2, 2020
- *Masters in Science Education (SCED) – December 1, 2019*
- Masters of Educational Administration and Leadership (EDAL) – January 2, 2020
- Masters of Higher Education (HIED) – January 2, 2020
- *Forestry: January 13, 2020*
- Land and Food Systems: January 2, 2020
- Medicine: January 2, 2020
- Science: January 2, 2020
- Sauder School of Business: January 2, 2020
How to Apply for UBC Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program.
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
For more information CLICK HERE
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.