Apply for Dublin Business School 2019 – www.dbs.ie
Dublin Business School – Since 1975 DBS has established itself as a leading third-level institution in Ireland. The following milestones in its development have been of immense significance in this recognition.
Dublin Business School (DBS) specializes in the provision of career-focused business and law education as well as the delivery of contemporary programmes in the areas of arts, media, social science, humanities, and psychology.
When Dublin Business School was first established in 1975 it was known as Accountancy and Business College and provided evening courses for students preparing for the examinations of the professional accounting bodies.
Success and a growing reputation in this field led to the school expanding its operations to offer full and part-time accounting, marketing and banking courses.
Programs Offered at Dublin business school
1. Master of Business Administration:
The MBA (Finance) awarded by QQI, addresses international banking and finance through The Theory of Finance and Financial Markets and Institutions modules which can allow organizations to anticipate economic outcomes and make changes of direction quickly in response to economic pressures.
The ability to confidently manage a business represents a valuable skill-set, particularly in a turbulent economic environment.
The aim of the MBA at DBS is to develop these sets of abilities with a particular focus on a thorough understanding of business management.
The MBA offers you a unique opportunity to study advanced theory and practice relating to management, and to develop an appreciation of the causes and significance of managing strategy.
Programme Entry Requirements
The minimum entry requirements are:
- A minimum Second Class Honours Degree (2.2) in any discipline from a recognized third level institution, or
- An equivalent professional qualification such as ACCA or CIMA or
- Higher Diploma in Business Level 8 conversion programme.
- The GMAT exam is a mandatory requirement for all applicants who do not hold an Honours Bachelor Degree (Level 8) with a minimum achievement of Second Class Honours.
- Newly graduated applicants will not be accepted into the programme.
- For applicants whose first language is not English, the minimum English language requirement for entry to the programme is IELTS score 6.5 (or equivalent).
Programme Tuition Fee
The course fees for the next academic year are €8,700 full-time, and €5,390 per annum part-time for EU students. This covers the cost of tuition, registration, and examinations.
2. BA(Hons) Accounting and Finance Full-Time:
A degree in Accounting & Finance is a major step towards achieving that goal. It is a popular choice with students who want to move directly into a career in accountancy as well as those who recognize the value of an accounting degree in a wider business management context.
The Accounting & Finance programme provides a comprehensive education in the quantitative, computational and analytical skills required in the business world.
Graduates from this programme often use it as a fast track to professional accountancy qualifications, availing of their entitlement to exceptional exemptions from ACCA.
Graduates can also pursue further academic study within the Postgraduate School at DBS including the MSc International Accounting and Finance.
On graduation from this programme, students should have the ability to:
- Display an excellent understanding of the theory and techniques used by professional accountants and financial managers.
- Practice the analytical skills, theoretical knowledge, and management techniques required in a wide variety of accounting and business-related careers.
- Apply financial models and techniques to business decision-making problems at both operational and strategic environment level.
- Display and use transferable skills in a variety of business contexts.
- Proceed in a highly competent manner to further postgraduate or professional studies in the areas of accounting and finance.
Programme Tuition Fee
The Course Fees for the BA (Hons) in Accounting and Finance are:
- Level 1: €590 (10 credit modules) / €300 (5 credit modules) per annum.
- Level 2: €700 (10 credit modules) / €360 (5 credit modules) per annum.
- Level 3: €750 (10 credit modules) / €380 (5 credit modules) per annum.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Tags: Business Schools