FUD Postgraduate Admission Form 2020/2021 Application Updates.
FUD Postgraduate Admission Form: Federal University Dutse, FUD postgraduate admission application form for the 2020/2021 academic session is yet to be announced. This page covers full instructions and guidelines for FUD postgraduate application 2020.
The portal for online registration is normally open between May, June or September of every year. Meanwhile, take your time and read through the eligibility requirement and application process provided below.
Recommended: Get FUD Postgraduate Past Questions Here.
Last Year Updates
The Federal University Dutse (FUD) offers programmes leading to the award of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Masters (Academic and Professional) and Postgraduate Diploma in various Faculties and in the areas specified under each Department, for 2019/2020 Academic Session.
FUD Postgraduate Programmes
FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
Department of Agricultural Economics and Extension
- Ph.D. Agricultural Kconomics
- M.Sc. Agricultural Economics
- Ph.D. Agricultural Extension
- M.Sc. Agricultural Extension
- Ph.D. Agribusiness
- M.Sc. Agribusiness
FACULTY OF ARTS AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
Department of Economics and Development Studies
- M.Sc. Economics
- Masters in Development Economics
- PGD. Development Economics
Department of English and Linguistics
- M.A. English
Department of Sociology
- M.Sc. Criminology and Security Studies
- PGD. Criminology and Security Studies
FACULTY OF SCIENCE
Department of Microbiology and Biotechnology
- Ph.D. Microbiology
- M.Sc. Microbiology
- PGD. Microbiology
Department of Biological Sciences
- Ph.D. Botany
- M.Sc. Botany
- Ph.D. Zoology
- M.Sc. Zoology
Department of Physics
- Ph.D. Physics
- M.Sc. Physics
Department of Chemistry
- M.Sc. Chemistry Department of Mathematics
- M.Sc. Applied Mathematics
- PGD. Applied Mathematics
Department of Computer Science
- M.Sc. Computer Science
FUD Postgraduate General Admission Requirements
The following shall qualify for admission into the Postgraduate Diploma program:
i) Graduates of Federal University Dutse or any other recognized institution of higher learning with a minimum of Third Class;
ii) Holders of Higher National Diploma (HND) with a minimum of Lower Credit or its equivalent in relevant area;
iii) In special cases holders of HND with minimum of Lower Credit in non-related areas may be admitted after passing such tests as may be prescribed by the Department/Faculty.
iv) Students who hold qualifications other than the above, which are acceptable to the Board of School of Postgraduate Studies and Senate of the University;
v) In addition to (i) – (iv) above, a student must satisfy the University’s requirements for matriculation.
Masters Degree (Academic and Professional)
The following shall qualify for admission to the Masters Degree program:
i) Graduates of Federal University Dutse or any other recognized institution of higher learning who have obtained a Bachelor Degree in the relevant field with at least Second Class (Hons.) or its equivalent, or students with university degree and appropriate Postgraduate Diploma of Federal University Dutse or any other recognized institution of higher learning with at least a credit;
ii) Students whose degrees are unclassified with average of “C” or 50% or above may be subjected to qualifying tests;
iii) Students with a Bachelor Degree in Third Class Division and a Postgraduate Diploma from any recognized institution of higher learning in the relevant areas;
iv) Students who possess HND with a minimum of credit from any recognized institution of higher learning and a minimum of credit at Postgraduate Diploma level of the Federal University Dutse or any other recognized institution in the relevant areas;
v) Students who hold qualifications other than the ones stated above, which are acceptable to the Board of the School of Postgraduate Studies and Senate;
vi) In addition to (i) –(v) above, a student must satisfy the Federal University Dutse requirements for matriculation.
Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.)
The following shall qualify for admission into the Master of Philosophy degree program:
i) Graduates of Federal University Dutse or any other recognized institution of higher learning with a good Masters degree (minimum CGPA of not less than 3.50 on a 5- point scale or not less than 2.50 on a 4-point scale.) in the relevant field;
ii) Holders of Masters degree in a cognate discipline with CGPA of 3.50 and above on a 5- point scale or 2.50 and above on a 4-point scale;
iii) Students who hold qualifications other than the ones listed above, which are acceptable to the Board of the School of Postgraduate Studies and Senate of the University;
iv) In addition to (i) – (iii) above, a student must satisfy the Federal University Dutse requirements for matriculation.
Degree of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
The following shall qualify for admission to the degree of Doctor of Philosophy Programs:
i) Graduates of Federal University Dutse or any other recognized institution of higher learning who have obtained Masters degree with CGPA of 3.50 and above on a 5-point scale or 2.50 and above on a 4-point scale appropriate to the proposed areas of study or B average grades;
ii) Students with M.Phil. in the relevant specialty;
iii) Students with Professional Masters degree plus Bachelor’s degree in the Second Class Lower Division;
iv) Students who hold qualifications other than the ones mentioned above which are acceptable to the Board of the School of Postgraduate Studies and Senate of the Federal University Dutse;
v) A Ph.D student who satisfies all admission requirements except the CGPA can be considered for admission into the M.Phil./Ph.D. programme provided that the CGPA is at least 3.00;
vi) In addition to the requirements above, a student must satisfy the Federal University Dutse requirements for matriculation.
How to Apply for FUD Postgraduate Admission
Application forms can be obtained online http://sps.fud.edu.ng on payment of non-refundable fee of ten thousand naira (N10,000) only made payable to the Federal University Dutse Postgraduate account at any Bank nationwide using the Remita platform.
PAYMENT AND APPLICATION PROCEDURES
- Create an Account: Click Sign Up to create an account. After you sign up you will see your payment invoice that contains payment information. At the Sign Up page, you can create an account by providing your first name, middle name, last name, e-mail, password, GSM number and specify your programme of choice.
- Payment of Application Fees: Click on the pay now button at the payment invoice page, you will automatically generate your Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR). Applicants can pay online or at any designated bank by using the generated RRR.
- Payment Verification: Click on the verify payment button to verify your payment using RRR. Your application ID will be send via SMS and e-mail if the payment is successful.
- Complete Application: Return to the application page and log in with your application ID as username and your password to fill the application form. Make sure you review all entries to ensure accuracy before submission.
- Upload Documents: Upload the necessary documents.
- Acknowledgement Slip: Printed acknowledgement slip would be used during admission and registration processes.
- Sales of application forms start on 23rd September, 2019.
- Please ensure that Academic Transcript from your previous institution is forwarded to [email protected]
- You may visit http://sps.fud.edu.ng to view the successful candidates after the admission exercise.
- For any enquiry, please send an email to [email protected]
We cherish your opinion and we look forward to it. Hence, if you need us to feed you with more updated information at the right time about FUD Postgraduate Admission 2020, kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Join Over 3,500 000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Tags: FUD Admission List, Fud Admission News, Fud De Admission 2020/2021, Fud Pg Admission List, Fud Postgraduate 2020/2021, Fud Postgraduate Courses, Fud Postgraduate School Fees, Fud Supplementary Admission List