FUTO Cut off Mark 2020/2021 and Departmental Cut off Point.
There are certain criteria to be observed by students before being admitted to study in any of the courses in any university. One of these which includes meeting the required cut off mark for each school’s as well as the courses itself. It is very easy to obtain admission if one has met the required cut off mark for admission into a particular course.
Cut off mark is an agreed score set by a particular institution as a basics of admitting students into the department of study. This score is usually accredited to candidates based on their performance in a particular examination. However, students who have scored above the required cut off mark will be given admission and preferentially treated in admission process above those who have met the exacts cut off mark.
Following the scrapping out of post UTME by the federal government, the Joints Admission and Matriculation board (JAMB) had given a benchmark of 180 and above for candidates applying for Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges of Education. Hitherto, the Federal University of Technology Owerri has follow suit in the 180 general cut off mark of JAMB.
You might ask questions like: I had 180 and above but was not still given the admission to study my desired course?
Candidates with higher scores are first considered; in admission basics, candidates with lower scores though might meet the cut off mark of 180 may likely not be admitted. In fact, it is the higher your scores, the higher the chance of being admitted.
The Federal University of Technology Owerri does not really have a specific cut off mark for courses. However, candidates who have scored a minimum of one 180 in UME examination is eligible to apply for admission into any of their choice courses.
Due to the high number of students wishing to study in the Federal University of Technology Owerri, the admission processes is competitive and an admission is given based on JAMB score and O level grades.
Below are courses offered in the university as well as their cut off mark:
1. Electrical/Electronics Engineering 220
2. Mechanical Engineering 220
3. Futo cut off mark for Petroleum Engineering 210
4. Futo post utme cut off mark for Computer Science 210
5. Civil Engineering 210
6. Information Manag. Technology 210
7. Chemical Engineering 200
8. Optometry 200
9. Biochemistry 190
10. Dental Technology 180
11. Public Health Technology 180
12. Prosthesis & Orth. Technology 180
13. Project Manag. Technology 180
14. Ind. Microbiology 180
15. Geology 180
16. Material & Met. Engineering 180
17. Polymer & Textile Engineering 180
18. Agricultural Engineering 180
19. Food Science & Technology 180
20. Biotechnology 180
21. Agric Economics 180
22. Transport Manag. Technology 180
23. Maritime Manag. Technology 180
24. Financial Manag. Technology 180
25. Biomedical Technology 180
26. Ind. Physics 180
27. Ind. Chemistry 180
28. Biology 180
29. Mathematics 180
30. Science Laboratory 180
31. Statistics 180
32. Agric. Extension 180
33. Animal Science Technology 180
34. Crop Science Technology 180
35. Fishery & Aq. Technology 180
36. Forestory & Wildlife Technology 180
37. Soil Science Technology 180
38. Building Technology 180
39. Environmental Technology 180
40. Landscape Architectural Tech, 180
41. Quantity Surveying Tech. 180
42. Surveying & Geoinformatics 180
43. Urban & Regional Planning 180
The Federal University of Technology Owerri holds her admission screening exercises within a week or couple of weeks and it usually comes in two phases. Students who applied to study in the school are to proceed for the pre-screening exercise when once it is being announced.
Documents required for the pre-screening exercise are: SSCE result and JAMB registration print out only.
It is often important that a candidate arrive early and locate his/her screening venue early. Candidates will be screen on the JAMB scores and their SSCE result.
The second phase of the screening is after the admission lists might have been released. Candidates who have merited the admission will be invited for another screening exercise. Here all documents such as;
- Original copies of their educational qualifications (Statements of Results/Certificates).
N/B: Cases of awaiting results will NOT be accepted.
- Birth Certification/Age Declaration.
- A letter of good conduct from your Village Head or a responsible member of your
community/or civil servant not below Grade Level 10 or equivalent in the private sector.
- Certificate of Local Government of origin; and this notification of admission status
The Federal University of Technology Owerri is located in the heart of the town of Owerri, Ihiagwa.
Contact Us @
Faculty of Administration,
Federal University of Technology Owerri,
E-mail: [email protected]futo.edu.ng.
Click here to Contact FUTO
We cherish your opinion and we look forward to it. Hence, if you need us to feed you with more updated information at the right time about FUTO Admission 2020, kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.