CHAT Right HERE with Our Representative - Immediate Response
Apply for Kellogg Business School in 2019 – www.kellogg.northwestern.edu
Kellogg Business School – Kellogg business school can be the best for any student who is in search of a business school to attend. It has a lot of programs that can help prepare you for your future careers.
In the Kellogg PhD program, you will master an academic discipline—economics, psychology, sociology, operations research, or data science—and apply that mastery to real world problems facing managers and policy makers.
Kellogg Business School
This discipline-based approach prepares you to challenge conventional wisdom with new ideas, models, and empirical findings that have enduring impact on businesses, organizations, and communities. After leaving Kellogg, you can look forward to a career leading and inspiring others through teaching and research.
Applying to Kellogg
A PhD degree from the Kellogg School of Management will provide you with a solid foundation within your discipline, expose you to new ideas, and equip you with the tools necessary to engage in research as you discover solutions to today’s most challenging problems.
The application for fall 2019 admission has closed. We will begin accepting applications for admission to the fall 2020 academic year in early September of 2019. We accept applications for fall quarter entry only, part-time or online study is not available.
What You Need to Apply
The application is your first step toward developing skills to build strong organizations, making the connections to help grow your career and realizing your potential on a professional level. The following is a list of components you’ll need to apply for admission to our Full-Time MBA Program.
Listed below are the requirements needed for submitting your online application.
1. Academic Background
Tell us where you were registered for courses at the college level and beyond. This includes community colleges, studies abroad, and your current registrations.
2. Statement of Purpose
Tell us about yourself and your reasons for seeking a PhD at Kellogg. Briefly outline your background, education, and research experience.
Also briefly describe your research interests and how they align with the overall research expertise of Kellogg’s faculty. Identifying potential faculty you would like to work with is helpful in determining your research fit within the Kellogg research community
Provide one transcript from each school you have attended that documents each course taken beyond high-school level, whether or not within a degree program. Certification of degrees received, including the date the degree was awarded, should be noted on the transcript and/or diploma.
Official transcripts are needed only if you decide to enroll at Northwestern University. There is no need to send official transcripts prior to enrollment.
International students should note the following:
- Northwestern will accept applications from international students earning a three-year bachelor’s degree.
- The academic records we refer to as “transcripts” should provide a listing, year-by-year, of all courses taken and the grades or marks received for each one.
- An official English translation of all transcripts submitted must be provided. Northwestern requires literal, certified translations for all documents issued in a language other than English. We accept translations from the institution issuing the transcript, ATA certified translators, or from the consulate.
Your resume or CV should summarize all of your qualifications, honors, educational accomplishments, and interests.
5. Recommendation Letters
Two letters (confidential) are required; however, our application allows for a maximum of three. Additionally we ask all recommenders to include Northwestern University’s Graduate Applicant Assessment Form found within the application.
6. Recommendation letters from professors or instructors could include:
- A description of the nature of your relationship. Did you take one or more classes with the professor? The letter should also provide a ranking – how you compared to other students.
- A description of a research project or honor’s thesis, discussing the quality of the work, technical and writing skills, research methods used, data analysis, originality, depth of research undertaken, questions/problems raised, contribution to the field, etc.
7. Recommendation letters from employers and business associates could include:
- Your academic abilities and insights on your character and working style – ability to work on your own, self-starter, complete a project on time, etc.
- Any research or data analysis you have done within the scope of your work.
All letters must be submitted online through our web-based application, CollegeNET. Directions for uploading letters and accessing the Graduate Applicant Assessment Form will be sent to recommends once the applicant has entered the contact information within the application. We are not able to accept recommendation letters by email.
8. Test Scores
All applicants are required to take either the GRE or the GMAT, based on the field of study to which they are applying, regardless of previous experience and/or degrees. Copies of the score reports should be uploaded into the application.
Unofficial test scores can be used during the review process; however, official scores are required if admission is recommended. Scores are considered “official” when sent from the testing agency directly to Northwestern University.
9. Certification of Proficiency in English
If your native language is not English, Northwestern requires that you certify proficiency in the English language in the following ways:
- Official scores for either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)or International English Language Testing System (IELTS). The test must be taken no more than two years before the intended quarter of entry (fall quarter). To be considered for admission, your TOEFL score must be 600 or higher on the paper-based exam, 250 or higher on the computer-based exam, or 100 or higher on the Internet-based exam. IELTS test takers should score 7.0 or higher. Kellogg does not require the Test of Spoken English (TSE).
- Earning an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited institution where the language of instruction is English. If not indicated on the transcript, documentation regarding English instruction should be included with your application. This degree must be awarded before you enroll in doctoral classes in the upcoming fall quarter at Northwestern.
10. Writing Sample (optional)
You may include a research paper (30-page maximum) with your application. You may list this paper and any other papers you have on your resume with web links to these papers.
A paper is not required for admission to Kellogg’s PhD programs; however, the Sociology Department requires a paper for consideration to the joint program in Management and Organizations and Sociology.
The non-refundable $95 fee must be paid by credit or debit card within the online application. For those who wish to be considered for a fee waiver, please refer to the Graduate School’s website: FAQs – Application Fee.
Kellogg offers eight fields of study as well as a JD-PhD degree that enables doctoral students to earn a law degree and a PhD degree concurrently.
1. Accounting Information & Management
Kellogg Accounting Information & Management students learn and apply proven empirical analytical research methods.
The program provides students with the necessary tools from economics, mathematics and statistics to answer important questions in finance.
3. Financial Economics
A broad training in finance and economics is essential for those who wish to do innovative work that straddles both disciplines.
4. Management & Organizations
Students learn tools and perspectives from psychology, sociology and economics to study organizations and their members.
5. Management & Organizations & Sociology
Students engage with a diverse set of topics and theories that bridge management strategy and relevant economic and sociological issues.
6. Managerial Economics & Strategy
Students of this program use mathematical models and analytic reasoning to solve theoretical and empirical problems in economics and management.
Kellogg’s Marketing program allows students to specialize in either consumer behavior or quantitative modeling.
8. Operations Management
Students focus on managerial decision making about firms’ operations functions through quantitative, economics modeling and empirical analysis.
The JD-PhD Program is for those students who intend to pursue an academic career and whose research and teaching will be enriched by both the JD and PhD degrees.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Most Recommended Links
Tags: Business Schools