Medical Schools in Alabama Ranking 2019…Do you wish to inquire about the best medical schools in Alabama? If so, this guide is for you.
Here, I will provide to you, the best update from our research on Medical Schools in Alabama ranking, accredited courses, requirement and list of the best medical schools in Alabama. That way, it would be easier for you to compare and contrast medical schools in Alabama ranking without facing many difficulties.
However, if you are a domestic student, you do not have any problem with applying i.e. if you meet all the admission criteria. However, if you are an international student, you would have to email these medical schools to see if they accept applications from international students.
Medical students in the School of Medicine get many opportunities to conduct research if they choose to do so in the summer between their first and second years of school, or after their second year, when they may take a year to do elective research either at UAB or another institution. Students at the UAB School of Medicine can earn an M.D., or joint degrees that combine an M.D. with either a Ph.D. or master of public health.
High school seniors can get a jump start on their med school ambitions by applying for the UAB School of Medicine’s Early Medical School Admission Program, which permits them to graduate with both a bachelor’s degree and M.D. The University of Alabama School of Medicine has many highly ranked specialties, including the studies of AIDS, geriatrics, rural medicine, primary care, and internal medicine.
Outside course requirements, UAB med students have many ways to advance their studies, especially through academic student organizations such as the Alpha Omega Alpha national honor medical society. There are many other students clubs for students to join, too, including local chapters of national organizations, medical interest groups, community service clubs, and other organizations, such as the medical school’s very own vocal performing group.
Best Medical Schools in Alabama
1. University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine
- Tuition Link- https://www.uab.edu/medicine/home/future-students/admissions/tuition-financial-aid-scholarships
- Application Page- https://www.uab.edu/medicine/home/future-students/admissions
- Description- Since 1859, UAB School of Medicine has educated thousands of medical doctors, who now work in all parts of the world. Currently, there are over 700 students and 900 residents who are taught by 1,400 faculty members. Students and residents can train in UAB’s hospitals, which are one of the largest in the state.
2. University of South Alabama College of Medicine
- Application Page- http://www.southalabama.edu/colleges/com/futurestudents/
- Description- Just like many medical schools in the US, students who are enrolled in USA College of Medicine mainly study out of the textbooks for two years and start to have clinical experience in their third and fourth year. Students are also encouraged to take part in research programs that this school offers.
3. Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (Auburn Campus)
- Tuition Link- https://www.vcom.edu/auburn/current-students/tuition-and-financial-aid
- Application Page- https://www.vcom.edu/admissions/admission-requirements
- Description- This medical school is located on the campus of Auburn University, one of the leading universities in Alabama. Accepted students can use great facilities in Auburn such as recreational facilities. Also, students can research with VCOM faculty or Auburn University faculty, which greatly improves their resume for residency.
4. Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Tuition Link- https://www.acom.edu/tuition-and-fees/
- Application Page- https://www.acom.edu/application-process/
- Description- This medical school is located in Dothan, Alabama, and has recently opened its doors in 2013. Its primary goal is to produce physicians that are needed for the State of Alabama, especially in the primary care sector.
Medical Schools in Alabama Ranking
University of Alabama–Birmingham is ranked No. 32 (tie) in Best Medical Schools: Research and No. 37 (tie) in Best Medical Schools: Primary Care. Schools are ranked according to their performance across a set of widely accepted indicators of excellence.
Accredited Courses and Requirements in Alabama Medical Schools.
- Arts & humanities
- Art, Performing Arts & Design
- Languages, Literature & Linguistics
- History, Philosophy & Theology
- Life sciences
- Biological Sciences
- Sport Science
- Computer science
- Computer Science
- Social sciences
- Politics & International Studies (incl Development Studies)
- Communication & Media Studies
- Clinical, pre-clinical & health
- Medicine & Dentistry
- Other Health
- Engineering & technology
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- General Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Business & economics
- Business & Management
- Economics & Econometrics
- Accounting & Finance
- Physical sciences
- Mathematics & Statistics
- Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences
- Physics & Astronomy
For more information about requirement for study at Medical Universities in Alabama – Click here
What’s your take on this? I urge you to use this same opportunity to share this information across to others using our Facebook, twitter or Google+share button below.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.