Oxford University Undergraduate Admission Guide and Requirement – 2018/19.
University of Oxford, Oxford University Undergraduate Admission 2018… This article will guide you on basic guidelines and requirement for successful admission into University of Oxford.
The University of Oxford (informally Oxford University or simply Oxford) is a world-leading centre of learning, teaching and research and the oldest university in the English-speaking world. This institution can also be term as a collegiate research university located in Oxford, England.
Oxford University Undergraduate Admission
It has no known date of foundation, but there is evidence of teaching as far back as 1096, making it the oldest university in the English-speaking world and the world’s second-oldest university in continuous operation.
It grew rapidly from 1167 when Henry II banned English students from attending the University of Paris. After disputes between students and Oxford townsfolk in 1209, some academics fled north-east to Cambridge where they established what became the University of Cambridge. The two “ancient universities” are frequently jointly referred to as “Oxbridge”.
Oxford University Application Guide
- Before you apply for admission, check if oxford university offers the course you’re interested in applying to – you can find courses either A-Z or by department.
- Read the entry requirements on the course page to make sure that you have the right qualifications.
- Use the Fees, Funding and Scholarship Searchto find scholarships and other funding options open to you and check fees and costs for your course.
- Read through all tabs of this Application Guide and your course page to make sure you send all the right documents and information when you apply.
- Check the deadlines on the course page and plan your time to submit your application well in advance – two or three weeks earlier, if you can.
- Unless you are UK citizen and your first language is English, check if you need to book a language test.
- Start your application by creating an account. Register your referees as early as you can – references can be submitted at any time up until the deadline, before or after you submit your application
- Decide if you want to indicate a college preference.
- Check that you have chosen the right course and college and uploaded all the correct documents, then pay the application fee and submit your application.
- For information on everything that happens after you apply, including self-service for managing your application, see our Decision timeline.
Important Notice to Applicants with Disabilities
The University of Oxford and its colleges welcome applications from people with disabilities and are committed to making reasonable adjustments to enable students to participate fully in student life.
The University and colleges view applications from students with disabilities on the same grounds as those from other candidates, which are assessed purely on academic merit and potential, according to the published selection criteria relevant to the course applied for.
If you are thinking about applying to Oxford, you can find information about the facilities and support available to students from the Disability Advisory Service.
If you would like to discuss your application, you can contact Graduate Admissions and Funding online or by telephone at +44 (0) 1865 270059.
If you have a preferred college to which you would like to apply, you may wish to contact that college to discuss the support provision available. Contact details for all colleges are available via our individual college pages.
Oxford University Application Date
The next University-wide Open Day for undergraduates will be held on Wednesday 27 June 2018, Thursday 28 June 2018, Friday 14 September 2018. Students, parents and teachers are invited to spend a whole day in Oxford, attending events, talking to staff and students and getting answers to any questions which remain after examining prospectuses and websites.
For more information about Oxford University undergraduate admission process, visit https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp and Google plus.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [email protected] to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.
Don’t Attend to Any Call from this WEBSITES Pertaining to any Job or Scholarship Offer Requiring Money.