Apply for Strathmore Business School 2019 – sbs.strathmore.edu
Strathmore Business School – Strathmore Business School (SBS) is the graduate business school of Strathmore University. Based in Nairobi, Kenya, it offers MBA and other postgraduate programs, as well as executive education programs.
It was started in 2005 through a partnership between Strathmore University and IESE Business School.
As part of Strathmore University, it is a private non-profit institution and a corporate work of Opus Dei, a Personal Prelature of the Catholic Church. It was the first green business school in Africa.
History of the school
In 2005, Strathmore University entered into a partnership with IESE Business School, creating Strathmore Business School.
The new business school started its first program on 11 January 2006 with Dr George Njenga as the dean, offering the Advanced Management Program. Its MBA for Executives program was launched in 2007.
It operated from office space in the university’s library, conducting classes in the conference facilities of hotels in Nairobi
In 2009, construction began at the site of a new campus, at which it started operating in 2012. The building was designed to have a very low carbon footprint, receiving an award, in 2012, for being the Best Green Building Development in Africa.
Mission of the school:
Our mission is “service to society through developing virtuous leaders by providing world-class executive management education in a local setting”.
Vision of the school:
“To be a premier business school in Africa with international repute”.
Values of the school:
In the combination of knowledge and experience, we develop the whole person within a framework of ethics to attain unity of life.
Convinced that our success is only measureable in the calibre of our graduates, we continuously seek to improve them and ourselves in work well done in an atmosphere that nourishes our spirit and intellect.
We commit to pioneering world-class standards in executive management education, research and application of business knowledge.
We ultimately seek to provide a service and an enabling environment that leads to the development of each individual into an ethical leader at personal, organizational and society level consequently resulting in True Personal Transformation through Virtue.
- 1st in Kenya – Eduniversa
- 1st in Kenya – Webometrics
- 8th in Africa – Webometrics
- 2nd in Kenya – Eduniversa
- 3rd in Africa – African Business Review
Memberships and Accreditation
Strathmore Business School is a member of:
- Association of African Business Schools (AABS)
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD)
- Global Business School Network (GBSN)
- African Academic Association on Entrepreneurship (AAAE)
- Iddah Asin, lawyer and Johnson & Johnson executive.
- Sheila Mwarangu, civil and structural engineer
Courses Offered at Strathmore Business School
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Tourism Management
- Bachelor of Science in Hospitality and Hotel Management
- Bachelor of Business Science: Financial Engineering
- Bachelor of Business Science: Financial Economics
- Bachelor of Business Science: Actuarial Science
- Bachelor of Science in Informatics and Computer Science
- Bachelor of Business Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Telecommunications
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Journalism and Public Relations / Journalism and Development Communication)
- Bachelor of Arts in International Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Development Studies and Philosophy
- Master of Science: Computing and Information Systems (MSc CIS)
- Master of Science: Information Technology (MSc.IT)
- Master of Science in Statistical Science
- Master of Science in Mathematical Finance
- Master of Science in Biomathematics
- Master of Applied Philosophy and Ethics (MAPE)
- Master of Science in Education Management (MSc.EM)
- Master of Commerce (MCOM)
- Master of Laws
- Master of Science in Information Systems Security
- Master of Management in Agribusiness
- Masters in Public Policy and Management
- Master of Science in Development Finance
- MBA – Healthcare Management
- MBA for Executives
- Diploma in Entrepreneurship
- Diploma in Journalism and New Media
- Diploma in Procurement
- Diploma in International Relations
- Diploma in Business Management
- Diploma in Business Information Technology
- CPA: Certified Public Accountants
- ACCA: Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
- CFA: Chartered Financial Analyst
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA®)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Most Recommended Links
Tags: Business Schools