TASUED Postgraduate Admission Form 2020/2021 Application Portal Updates.
TASUED Postgraduate Admission Form: Tai-Solarin University of Education (TASUED) postgraduate admission application form for the 2020/2021 academic session is yet to be announced. This page covers full instructions and guidelines for TASUED postgraduate application 2020.
The portal for online registration is normally open between May, June or September of every year. Meanwhile, take your time and read through the eligibility requirement and application process provided below.
Last Year Updates
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the following full-time and part-time Postgraduate Programmes of the Tai-Solarin University of Education (TASUED) for the 2019/2020 Academic Session.
Before you proceed, check: TASUED Postgraduate COURSES.
TASUED Postgraduate Admission Admission Requirements
GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
- All Candidates seeking admission into any of these programmes must possess a minimum of Five (5) credit passes, including English Language (in not more than two (2) sittings) at the Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (WAEC//NECO/SSC/GCE O/L) conducted by recognized examining bodies such as West African Examination Council, National Examination Council, National Business and Technical Education Board, University of London, University of Cambridge etc.
SPECIFIC PROGRAMME REQUIREMENTS:
- Postgraduate Diploma Programme
- Candidates seeking admission into the Postgraduate Diploma Programme should possess a minimum of Third Class in the Bachelor’s Degree or minimum of Lower Credit at the Higher National Diploma (HND).
- First Degree holders irrespective of class of degree who are currently teaching or intend to take teaching as a profession.
- HND graduates irrespective of class of grade who are currently teaching or intend to take teaching as profession.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education combined with Master in Education Programme (PGDE/M.Ed)
- The programme is designed for candidates without background in Education who may wish to pursue M.Ed. programme. The two certificates will be issued concurrently at the end of the M.Ed. Programme.
- Master’s Programmes:
- Graduates of Tai Solarin University of Education, Ijagun or other Universities recognized by the University Senate who have obtained the approved Bachelor’s Degree with at least Second Class Honours (Lower Division) in the field of study.
- Candidates with Third Class Bachelor’s Degrees and Postgraduate Diploma in the same subject.
- Candidates with HND (Minimum of Lower CREDIT) and Postgraduate Diploma in the course applied for.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D)
- Every candidate must have a Master’s degree in his/her area of specialization with a minimum CGPA of 4.0 or 60%.
- Holders of M.Phil. Degree in his/her area of specialization.
- Those who have CGPA of 3.50 – 3.99 or 55% and above in Master’s degree programme can apply.
- Candidates in (c) above will have to go through a conversion process into Ph.D. programme.
SPECIAL COURSE REQUIREMENTS:
- Candidates wishing to study Educational Management at Master’s degree level must have credit in English Language, Mathematics and Economics at the WAEC/ NECO SSCE or GCE Ordinary Level. They must also have a certificate in Education.
- Candidates wishing to study Guidance and Counseling Psychology at Master’s degree level must have credit pass in English Language and Mathematics at WAEC/ NECO SSCE or GCE Ordinary Level. They must also have Certificate in Education
- Candidates wishing to study Educational and Media Technology at Master’s degree level must have credit in English Language and Mathematics at the WAEC/NECO SSCE or GCE Ordinary Level. Candidates must also have a Certificate in Education.
- Candidates wishing to study Educational Evaluation at Master’s degree level must have credit in English Language and Mathematics at the WAEC/ NECO SSCE or GCE Ordinary Level.
- Pass degree with 3 years cognate working experience is acceptable for Postgraduate Diploma in English.
- Candidate wishing to study Business Education at Master’s level must have credit pass in English and Mathematics at WAEC/NECO SSCE, GCE O’L or NABTEB
- For Science and other Mathematics related courses, a credit pass in Mathematics at the WAEC/NECO SSCE or GCE Ordinary Level is compulsory.
Duration of TASUED Postgraduate Programmes
- Postgraduate Diploma (Full-Time Mode) 12 Months
- Postgraduate Diploma (Part-Time Mode) 24 Months
- Master’s degree by Course Work (Full-Time Mode) 18 Months
- Master’s degree by Course Work (Part-Time Mode) 36 Months
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education combined with Master’s degree (Full-Time) 24 Months [Please note that the two (2) programmes will run consecutively]
- Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) programme 36 Months
How to Apply for TASUED Postgraduate Admission Form
NOTE: All Nigerian applicants for Postgraduate admissions must possess National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Discharge/ Exemption/Exclusion certificate from the NYSC Directorate.
- Candidates should apply online with payment of application fee of Ten Thousand Naira only (N10,000) payable with Master cards or VISA ATM cards. (Print out your receipt after payment).
- The address for application is https://my.tasued.edu.ng/admissionand select the appropriate Post-Graduate programme.
- Complete the application form and print out the form along with three referees’ report forms.
- The printed on-line application forms should be submitted along with one photostat copy of the following:
- WAEC/NECO SSC /GCE O’ Level Certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree/ HND certificate and other certificates.
- NYSC Discharge / Exemption/ Exclusion Certificate (for Nigerian Candidates).
- Marriage Certificate or Evidence of Change of Name(s) where applicable.
- Payment receipts.
- Birth Certificate/ Declaration of Age
- 2 Passport photographs
- Sale of Application forms ends on Monday, 30th September 2019.
- All completed application forms are to be addressed and sent not later than Monday, 7th October 2019 to:
School of Postgraduate Studies,
Tai Solarin University of Education, Ijagun,
P.M.B 2118, Ijebu-Ode,
N.B Candidates are required to ensure that their academic transcripts and referees’ reports are forwarded directly to the above address not later than 31st October, 2019
Only Application forms submitted with the required documents would be processed.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google+.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.