UMYU Postgraduate Admission Form 2017/2018 and How to Register Online.
UMYU Postgraduate Admission Form 2017… Umaru Musa Yar’adua University, Katsina, UMYU postgraduate admission form for the 2017/2018 academic session is out. See more details below;
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the following full-time Postgraduate Diploma, Master’s and Ph.D programmes of Umaru Musa Yar’adua University, Katsina for the 2017/2018 academic session.
UMYU Post-graduate Admission Requirements.
The following shall qualify for the Postgraduate Diploma admission:
- Graduates of recognized Universities;
- Holders of Higher National Diploma (HND) with a minimum of lower credit pass (CGPA 3.00) on a 5 point scale or its equivalent in relevant areas;
- Holders of Higher National Diploma (HND) without Education obtained at credit level with a three years relevant postgraduate experience;
- Candidates who hold qualifications other than the above, which are acceptable to the Senate of the University.
- Candidates with third class degree in areas other than Education can be considered after three years relevant postgraduate experience. Those in the Education may be considered in their area of specialization;
- All candidates shall be subjected to a selection process.
The following shall qualify for the Master’s Degree Programmes: –
- Graduates of recognized Universities who have obtained the approved Bachelors Degree with at least Second-Class Honors (CGPA 3.00) on a 5 point scale. Candidates with Second-Class Lower who do not make up CGPA of 3.00 must possess a Postgraduate Diploma from a recognized institution with at least a credit level pass (CGPA 3.50) in relevant areas.
- Candidates who hold qualifications other than the ones listed above, which are acceptable to the Senate of the University.
The following shall qualify for Professional Masters’ degree admission:
- Candidates who possess Higher National Diploma (HND) with at least a lower credit pass (CGPA 3.00) at a scale of 5 and at least a credit pass at Postgraduate Diploma (CGPA 3.50) of a recognized Institution;
- Candidates with any Bachelor’s degree in Third Class division who have at least five years relevant working experience.
MASTER OF PHILOSOPHY (M.Phil)
The following shall qualify for Master of Philosophy admission: –
- Graduates of Universities who have obtained a good Masters Degree with a minimum CGPA of 3.00 on a 5 point scale shall be required to register for M.Phil/Ph.D and must score a minimum CGPA of 3.50 on a 5 point scale to proceed for Ph.d in the proposed area.
DEGREE OF DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (Ph.D)
The following shall qualify for the Doctor of Philosophy admission:
- Graduates of recognized Universities who have obtained a good Masters Degree with CGPA of 4.00 appropriate to the proposed areas of study;
- Graduates of recognized Universities who have obtained Masters of Philosophy degree with CGPA of 3.50 on a 5 point scale to proceed for Ph.D in the appropriate to the proposed areas of study;
- Candidates must possess at least a Bachelors degree in Second Class lower division (CGPA 3.00) on a 5 point scale;
- Candidates who hold qualifications other than the above, which are acceptable to the Senate of the University;
- Candidate must state the proposed area of Research and submit a synopsis of not less than 500 words of the proposed topic of research.
In addition to A, B, C and D above, a candidate must satisfy the University’s matriculation requirements i.e five credit passes at the O’level to include English and Mathematics.
All candidates shall be subjected to a selection process.
UMYU POSTGRADUATE AVAILABLE PROGRAMMES & DURATION.
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
Department of Education
Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)
- M.Ed. Curriculum and Instructions
- M.Ed. Educational Psychology
- M.Ed. Educational Management
- M.Sc. (Ed) Physics
- M.Sc. (Ed) Mathematics
- M.Sc. (Ed) Geography
- M.Sc. (Ed) Chemistry
- M.Sc. (Ed) Biology
Department of Library and Information Science
- Postgraduate Diploma in Information and Record Management (PGDIRM)
FACULTY OF HUMANITIES
Department of Arabic
- M. A. Arabic
- Ph.D Arabic
Department of Nigerian Languages (Hausa)
- M.A. Hausa
- Ph.D. Hausa
Department of History and Sociology
- M.A History
- Ph.D. History
Department of Islamic Studies
- M. A. Islamic Studies
- Ph.D. Islamic Studies
Department of English and French
- M.A. English
FACULTY OF SOCIAL AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
Department of Economics
- M.Sc. Economics
FACULTY OF NATURAL AND APPLIED SCIENCES
Department of Pure and Applied Chemistry
- M.Sc. Chemistry
Department of Geography
- Masters in Resource Development (MRD)
- M.Sc. Geography
- Ph.D. Geography
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
- M.Sc. Computer Science
- M.Sc. Mathematics
Department of Biology
- M.Sc. Biology
Department of Physics
- M.Sc. Physics
- Postgraduate Diploma 2 to 4 Semesters
- Masters in Resource Development (MRD) – 2 to 4 Semesters
- M.A./M.Sc./M.Sc.(Ed) 4 to 6 Semesters
- Ph.D – 6 to 10 Semesters
How to Apply for UMYU Postgraduate Admission
- Interested candidates for all the Postgraduate Programmes can apply online via the University portal http://portal.umyu.edu.ng/pgapplicationfrom Monday, 8th January, 2018 to Wednesday, 28th February, 2018.
- The procedures of payment of application fees (N10, 500) are available at www.umyu.edu.ng or http://portal.umyu.edu.ng/pgapplication.
- All candidates are required to request their previous institutions to forward copies of their academic transcripts accompanied by Form B, to the Secretary Postgraduate School, Umaru Musa Yar’adua University, Katsina.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp and Google plus.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [email protected] to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.
Don’t Attend to Any Call from this WEBSITES Pertaining to any Job or Scholarship Offer Requiring Money.