How to Apply for University of Manitoba Business School in 2019
University of Manitoba Business School – At the University of Manitoba, our strength comes from our place and our people. Manitoba is cold; it’s flat, it has a challenging climate. But this environment challenges us to adapt, innovate and invent. It compels us to grow and dares us to create.
University of Manitoba Business School
Join the graduate students and researchers who come here from every corner of the world. They are drawn to this place because it offers something that is rare and invaluable: the opportunity to do transformational research.
To be on the forefront of knowledge creation and to educate innovative business leaders who will contribute ethically to the social and economic well being of Manitoba, Canada and the world.
To be recognized as a leading business school with a reputation for high quality teaching and research, an exceptional student experience, and strong engagement with the business and greater community.
These values guide our expectations for all activities in the School:
Excellence: Expecting outstanding quality in teaching and research and preparing exceptional graduates;
Innovation: Remaining on the forefront of knowledge creation and dissemination, and preparing exceptional graduates to lead and innovate in an ever-changing global environment;
Inclusiveness: To foster a welcoming and respectful environment, that values diversity in all its forms and honours Aboriginal (First Nations, Metis, and Inuit) communities;
Balance: Practicing equitable, objective, and constructive balancing of priorities and resources based on the School’s mission and strategic priorities;
Professionalism: Fostering critical thinking, integrity, accountability, academic freedom, and ethical conduct;
Community: Cultivating an engaging, supportive and close-knit community (internal and external) that contributes to the School, the University, and the greater community
The Collegiate would be honored to have you join our high achieving community of learners. As one of the best university preparatory schools in Canada, we offer a unique opportunity to attend high school at university in a supportive learning environment.
- Applying takes about 30 minutes.
- You can upload your documents directly to the online application.
If your documents are sealed, don’t break the seal to upload them; just submit them physically, since we’ll still need your official documents anyway.
- You may save and return to your application at any time, using the login ID and password that you choose.
Much like a paper application, once you’ve submitted your application, you can no longer make edits. Please check your application prior to submission.
- For your security, you will be logged out after 30 minutes of inactivity. Make sure to save your progress before leaving your application.
- The final steps are entering your e-signature and paying your application fee; either online using a Visa or
MasterCard or by submitting a cheque, money order, Global Pay, or paymytuition.com. Applications will only be considered submitted upon receipt of payment.
The online application fee is $100.
- Additional application fees:
Physician Assistant Studies: $25
Preventive Dental Sciences (Orthodontics): $50
Before your Application
- Familiarize yourself with your department’s application requirements (department contact list)
- Make appropriate arrangements with your advisor (if applicable)
- Gather your transcripts
- Gather any test scores that are applicable to your application
- Check to see if you need any other supporting documents
- Contact potential references (if applicable)
Required Documentation for Applications
Application for Admission Form
We are pleased to offer an online application system. If you complete the online application, you will not need to submit a paper application form, but we will still need your official documents before you register.
Before you start your application, you should check whether or not you will need to provide any additional, departmentally required documents.
$100 is required for each application you submit, payable by credit card (Visa or Mastercard) when applying online. If you are unable to do so, you may also pay by cheque, money order, or bank wire, although it’s important to note that your application will not be received or evaluated until payment for your application is received.
English Language Proficiency Requirements
Proficiency in English can be demonstrated prior to admission by:
- Possessing a high school diploma or university degree from Canada or one of the countries on the English Language Proficiency Test Exemption List
- Successfully completing an English Language Proficiency Test
Transcripts are required from ALL recognized, post-secondary institutions attended, whether or not a degree has been awarded. For initial assessment purposes only, copies of unofficial transcripts (uploaded to your application) are acceptable and preferred.
Official transcripts will only be required by the Faculty of Graduate Studies if you are recommended for admission. All official transcripts are to be sent directly to the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
To be considered official, transcripts must arrive in envelopes that have been sealed and endorsed (stamped across the back flap) by the Main Records Office of the issuing institution. All international transcripts must be accompanied by degree certificates that indicate that the degree has been awarded.
Official University of Manitoba transcripts are not required. If you have access to your Aurora Student account you may upload a web transcript. If not, an Admissions Assistant will add a copy of your transcript to your file for you.
If the transcript is issued in a language other than English (and is not from a Canadian institution) the applicant must arrange for the submission of official literal translations of all records.
The original language documents and the English translations must arrive together in an envelope that has been sealed and endorsed (stamped across the back flap) by the issuing institutions.
All academic documents must arrive directly from the main records office (e.g., the Registrar, Controller of Examinations, Archives, etc.) of the issuing institution in order to be considered “official.”
Other Supporting Documentation
- Name changes/differences on documentation must be supported with official evidence.
- Other supporting documentation may include: a copy of your CV; a statement of interest; sample of writing, etc. Please check your program to see if you need to provide any additional documents.
- A copy of birth certificate or passport (once admitted).
Most departments/units require reference letters in support of an application. Applicants are able to manage reference letters electronically in the application Self-Service Center.
Application Fraud or Misconduct
It should be noted that the commission of application fraud or misconduct may result in acceptance and registration being withdrawn and the applicant disqualified from consideration, not only in the year of application, but also in all subsequent sessions.
If discovered in a subsequent session it may result in dismissal from the university. Application fraud or misconduct includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Failure to declare attendance at another post-secondary institution;
- Presenting falsified academic documentation or causing or encouraging another person to falsify records through translation or data changes;
- Presenting falsified personal documentation, e.g. using a false name, date of birth, country of origin, etc.;
- Presenting falsified or fictitious reference documentation;
- Cheating on or having another person write a standardized entry exam such as TOEFL, MCAT, LSAT, DAT, GMAT or CAEL;
- Presenting another person’s standardized test score as one’s own to falsify a test result; and
- Failure to report suspensions from another post-secondary institution.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Most Recommended Links
Tags: Business Schools