How to Apply for Wits Business School in 2019 – www.wbs.ac.za
WBS offers a variety of postgraduate academic and executive education programmes. WBS also specialises in the design and delivery of in-company programmes whereby it partners with client organisations to develop management capacity.
Wits Business School
The Wits Business School Master of Business Administration (MBA) programme is the flagship academic programme and is accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA).
Wits Business School is the only business school in Africa to have been admitted to the Partnership in International Management (PIM) – a student exchange programme for international study at over 54 leading business schools around the world.
The MBA is offered in full-time and part-time (weekday evenings or Saturdays) class attendance formats.
The School’s aim is to deliver leaders who can fashion the future of Africa and raise the values-bar on how business is done on the continent.
Learning is therefore relevant to the challenges and opportunities that we face on this continent, providing students with a deep understanding of the complexities of doing business in Africa within a global context.
Programmes at the Wit Business School
Duration: 12 Months, 24 Months, Qualification: Masters, Study mode: Full Time, Part Time, Academic category: Generalist degree
The MBA revolves around five key themes: Context in Africa; Context in South Africa; Sustainability; Entrepreneurial Action, and Critical Engagement There are four components of the WBS MBA: Core courses Electives Independent study Global study tour Format:
One year full time or two years part-time Offered in three formats Full time – 08:30 to 16:30 Part time weekday – two evenings a week – 17:30 to 21:00 or Part time Saturday – 08:00 to 15:00 Part-time – Modular format – 10 day blocks (June Intake )
The WBS MBA is the School’s flagship academic programme. The curriculum uses a combination of cutting-edge theory and guided practical application to develop the skills you need to be a great manager or leader in Africa and globally.
- 4 year degree (NQF 8) OR 3 year degree plus PG-Dip (NQF 8)
- Post-university work experience: A minimum of 3 years for the full-time programme, 4 years for the part-time programme
- Acceptable GMAT, NMAT score OR APIL test.
- Mathematics: A level of competence equivalent to the requirements of the SA Matriculation certificate
- SAQA Evaluation (International qualifications only) prior to application.
- Proof of English language proficiency (for students who have not studied at tertiary level in English)
Programme Application Process
- Complete an Online Application form on the following link https://www.wits.ac.za/applications/
- Pay a non-refundable application fee of R200
- Complete and upload a Management Part 3 Form- Management Part 3 Word Format
- Upload copies of all your tertiary qualifications- Degree certificate(s) and Academic transcript(s)
- Upload current CV
- Book a compulsory and Non-refundable Admission test currently R925
An R15 000 minimum deposit will be required upon acceptance of a place on the programme
- Foreign Qualifications
Applicants who hold a foreign qualification need to send their qualifications to the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA)
The WBS PhD programme is the largest in South Africa and one of the most highly regarded on the continent. The school seeks and bring together top candidates from across Africa to address important topics in their Ph.D. research that are relevant to the advancement of business and society on its continent.
As a student of the Ph.D. programme, you will gain real cultural and social insights from our commercial and political debates, you will sharpen your ability to articulate, grow in confidence and realize the vastness of the knowledge domains you can master by developing your learning and research skills.
- A Bachelor’s degree with Honours – upper 2nd class or better (i.e. both with an average of “B” or better)
OR a Bachelor’s degree plus a Postgraduate Diploma (both with an average of “B” or better)
- A good master’s degree (i.e. an average of “B” or better)
- An outline of your proposed research.
- Availability of a suitable supervisor
- A non-refundable application fee
- Complete the online application form on the following link https://www.wits.ac.za/applications/ (parts 1&2)
- Complete Part 3 form WBS PhD Application_Part 3 form
- Motivation letter
- A 12-pager proposal
- Certified academic transcripts/records
- Certified academic certificates
- WBS PhD Application_Part 3 form
- plagiarism policy appendix
- WBS PhD Guideline Document
- Terms and Conditions For Online Post Graduate Funding Applications
- Checklist Explanation document
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Most Recommended Links
Tags: Business Schools