OOU Portal www.portal.oouagoiwoye.edu.ng 2020 Check Application Update.
OOU Student Portal: OOU is one of the best institutions in Nigeria Which Offers the best education courses and services to help enhance total quality Education for Students from Nigeria and Beyond.
The institution has many credits to its name, read through this article carefully for information and updates from the student application portal.
The Olabisi Onabanjo University is an autonomous public and non-residential institution established by the Ogun State Government in 1982, providing higher education in the Humanities, Sciences, and Technology and encouraging the advancement of learning in all the major spheres of human endeavor.
The Planning Committee for the establishment of Olabisi Onabanjo University was inaugurated on 9th January 1982 by the then Ogun State Commissioner for Education, Chief Akin Ogunpola, with Professor Akin L. Mabogunje as Chairman.
- Olabisi Onabanjo University
- OOU Post UTME
- OOU Cut Off Mark for Admission 2020/2021
- OOU Mode of Paying Acceptance Fee
- OOU Admission Requirements
- OOU Admission Portal
- OOU Post UTME Screening and Admission Portal
The Committee submitted its report on 16th March 1982 and in July the same year, the defunct Ogun State House of Assembly passed the bill establishing the University into law.
Thus the University became a reality with the law formally establishing it. Consequently, the appointments of the Chairman and members of the Provisional Governing Council, including the first Vice-Chancellor, were announced and the Council was inaugurated on September 28, 1982.
Olabisi Onabanjo University
The university was founded July 7, 1982, as Ogun State University (OSU) and was renamed Olabisi Onabanjo University on May 29, 2001, in honor of Chief (Dr.) Olabisi Onabanjo, whose efforts as the then civilian governor of Ogun State gave birth to the university.
Meanwhile, many students still refer to the institution as OSU, an acronym for the former name. The university has had a total output of 10,291 graduates and 1,697 postgraduates.
Olabisi Onabanjo University has multiple campuses. The Main Campus in Ago-Iwoye is popularly called Permanent Site (PS) by the students and a Mini Campus which was the home of the Faculty of Science till it was moved to the permanent site in January 2013.
OOU Post UTME
As a prerequisite to gaining admission, prospective students must register for OOU Post UTME. However, this is after obtaining a score of at least 180 in the JAMB exam. Usually, registration for OOU post UTME screening costs N2,000.00. As this was the set price for 2018/2019 OOU post UTME registration.
Important note: it is possible for candidates who did not select OOU as their first choice to write the post UTME exam. However, such candidates must do a change of institution to OOU or change to the first choice. Before they apply for post UTME. Also, those who fall in this category must have at least 180 marks in UTME.
OOU Cut Off Mark for Admission 2020/2021
OOU Mode of Paying Acceptance Fee
Successful applicants are to pay a non-refundable fee of Sixty Thousand Naira (₦ 60,000.00) only with immediate effect through any of the under-listed means to process their acceptance letter.
- Payment through any of the University Point of Sales (POS) on any of the University campuses (Ayetoro, Ibogun, Remo (Shagamu/Ikenne), and Main Campus at Ago-Iwoye). Payment through the Internet by logging on to www.oouagoiwoye.edu.ng.
- All Candidates offered Provisional Admission should proceed with the steps listed below:
- Visit: portal.oouagoiwoye.edu.ng/admission
- Click on CHECK ADMISSION STATUS to confirm your admission
- Provide your JAMB Number and SURNAME as a password to log on to the admission portal
- On successful log on, click MAKE ACCEPTANCE PAYMENT
- Once the acceptance payment profile has been loaded, click on either
- MAKE WEB PAYMENT – This allows you to pay online directly using your ATM card,OR
- MAKE POS PAYMENT – Print the ACCEPTANCE PAYMENT PROFILE and proceed to designated POS Points to make the payment. If you encounter any challenge on the procedure visit OOU ICT Centre, Ago-Iwoye for further clarification.
- Proceed to the Academic Affairs Office for your 1st Verification and your Faculty for 2nd Verification
- (a) Present to the Registration Officer, the originals and one set of photocopies of the following documents arranged separately in the order shown below:
- Verification/Personal Data Form
- Acceptance Fee Receipt
- UTME Score Result
- Post UTME Result
- O’level Result
- Diploma Result and other entry requirements (for DE Candidates only)
- Birth Certificate
- Tax Clearance Certificate OR N10,000.00 Ogun State Tax Receipt
- JAMB Admission Letter
(b) Counter-sign the verification forms at the College/Faculty Offices.
OOU Admission Requirements
In order to secure admission into OOU through UTME or Direct Entry, you must meet the school Post-UTME cut off mark, have required O’level results, and Pass the Post UTME screening test.
- Candidates that chose the University must have with a minimum score of 180
- Candidates must have at least five credits in O’level which must include Mathematics, English, and credits in relevant subjects.
Direct Entry Candidates
- Candidates with ‘A’ Level/ OND/HND/NCE/A’LEVEL/JUPEB Results/Certificate or First Degree can apply
- Candidates with a Diploma seeking admission through Direct Entry must have a minimum of Upper Credit from an approved institution and must have applied through JAMB.
- Candidates must also fulfil the O’level result requirements for their course of choice
Note: Once you have been offered admission, you will have to pay a non-refundable fee of Fifty Thousand Naira (N50,000.00) as acceptance fees. This amount can change so keep yourself updated by visiting the school portal.
OOU Admission Portal
The OOU admission portal is equally important for prospective students. As this is where they can check their admission status. Olabisi Onabanjo university uploads a list of admitted candidates once the admission process has been completed and the list is ready.
Also, prospective students can print their acceptance fee invoice and pay for admission acceptance.
OOU Post UTME Screening and Admission Portal
The OOU post UTME portal is very important to candidates who wish to be admitted into Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye. As this is where they will make applications for Post UTME screening.
How to Register for OOU Post UTME/DE Screening
To register for OOU post UTME screening:
- First, the candidate should log on to University’s Post UTME portal at http://putme.oouagoiwoye.edu.ng.
- Then click on the “APPLY” button.
- After this, create a profile using your JAMB Registration Numbers.
- Consequently, the candidate should generate a payment invoice.
Note that the Payment of N2,000 can be made online at the post UTME portal. Also, candidates can pay at any of the OOU campuses or at OOU Guest House, Ijebu ode.
To help a friend out there, why not click on the share button on this website? You can save a life out there by sharing it on social media for them to see.
Join Over 3,500 000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.