Application Process for South African Police Service.
South African Police Service… The South African police force is the national police force of south Africa.it has 1,138 police stations and they are divided according to the provincial borders in which a provincial commissioners appointed in each of province. The South African police service has the duty, to investigate and combat crime.
South African Police Service
Their duty is also to maintain public order, protect and secure their people as well as their property, enforce law, create a safe and secure environment for all people in the South Africa. They also prevent anything that may threaten the safety of the people.
They investigate crimes, ensure that criminals are brought to justice and participate in efforts to address the causes of crime. In this article, I will be talking about the application process for South African police service, the things required when applying for the South African police service.
History of South African police service [SAPS] The origin of the south African police trace back to the Dutch watch, a paramilitary organization formed by settlers in the cape province in the year 1655 to protect civilians and to maintain law and order. In the year 1795, the British officials assumed control over the Dutch watch, and in the year 1825, the cape constabulary was established.
The South African police was created after the establishment of the union of South African in the year After four years, the Riflemen’s association relinquished its civilian responsibilities to the South African police.as most of its riflemen left to serve in the First World War.
The South African police force and the military maintained a close relationship even after the South African police assumed permanent responsibility for domestic law and order in 1926. the South African police headquarters in Pretoria is organized into six different divisions.
- The crime combating and investigation division
- The visible policing division
- The internal stability division
- The community relations divisions
- Supporting service division
- The human resource management division.
These divisions have their different responsibilities which include
1. The crime combating and investigation division:
The investigation and crime combating division holds the overall responsibilities for coordinating crime and investigative procedure. It administers the criminal record center, diamond and gold branch, commercial crime unit, Narcotics Bureau, stock theft unit, murder and robbery unit which are located in each major city. To add to this, the division also manages the national bureau of missing persons, which was established in the late 1994.
2. The visible policing division:
This division manages highly public police operations, such as guarding government senior officials and dignitaries. The division handles hostage situations and other high risk activities.
3. The internal stability division:
This division sis responsible for preventing and quelling internal unrest, and also or assisting other divisions in combating crime.
4. The community relations divisions :
This division consults with all police divisions concerning accountability and also respect for human rights.
5. The supporting service division:
This division manages financial, legal and administrative matters.
6. The human resources division:
This division is in charge of the control of human resources. The rank structure of the South African police service The current ranking structure of this service was adopted in April 2010. This change caused some controversy as new ranks like the general and colonel have a military intention. The new ranking system mirrors the system which us used by the South African police during the apartheid era in the year 2009, the deputy minister of police Fikile Mbalula spoke of making the service a police paramilitary force by changing the South Africans police service ranking system so that it could closely mirror the military ranking system. This created a significant amount contestation from people critical of what they called the Militarization of the
police. Like I said, in this article you will get to know the application process of the South African police service.
Application process for South African police service
1. You have to fill out the official application form and aver under oath or by means of a sincere declaration that the information you supplied on the application, is true and correct, no lies.
2. You must have permanent residency in the Republic of South Africa (RSA), of which you must give documentary proof.
3. You must be up to 18 years, but younger than 30 years (documentary proof is needed) 17 years with parental consent.
4. You must undergo a physical and medical examination as determined by the South African Police Service, and must be found to be physically and mentally fit to be appointed in the post for which you applied.
5. you will have to undergo a psychological assessment as determined by the National Commissioner of the south African police service, and must be found to fit the profile of a police official
6. you must have a Senior Certificate (Grade 12) or an equivalent qualification, of which you must present documentary proof
7. you have to be fluent in English and at least one other official language
8. You must be prepared to take the oath of office
9. You must be prepared to undergo any training as determined by the National Commissioner of the South African police service
10. You must not have any visible tattoos that are contrary to the objectives of the South African police service. If you have tattoos on your body, you are not qualified to join the South African police service.
11. You must not have previous criminal convictions
12. Your finger print must be taken.
13. you must be prepared to have your background checked
14. You must be prepared to serve anywhere in South Africa, not minding how the community is. When applying for the South African police force, you have to follow the above mentioned process; this will give you a little idea if you want to get into this service.
Today, our youths are after the force, almost all young girls and boys have that love for anything related to force, so the above process will serve as a guide for you.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.