EPFO Sign Up and Login Portal 2021 Updated Guide
EPFO Login Portal: This article is going to walk you through how to sign into the EPFO account as well as give you guides on how to create an account, and also, reset your forgotten password. This article will also provide some other relevant information that is associated with the EPFO platform.
Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) is a statutory body created by the Employees’ Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952 under the control of the Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India to assist the Central Board of Trustees.
The EPFO offers three schemes through which it serves its large user base. These schemes are:
- Employees’ Provident Fund Scheme (EPF).
- Employees’ Pension Scheme (EPS).
- Employees’ Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme (EDLI).
Over the years, EPFO has transformed itself to become a more user-friendly and nimble organization. By simplifying its processes and moving its entire business operations to a digital platform, it has created a single point of interaction for all its stakeholders. This has enabled EPFO to address the changing needs of its clientele and serve them efficiently.
One such initiative is the EPFO online services offered on the EPFO website for its members, to address all the EPF related claims and grievances
As the largest social security organization in the country, one of its primary duties is that it encourages people to save for retirement.
Other functions of EPFO include enforcement of the Act across the country (except Jammu and Kashmir), settlement of claims, ensuring prompt pension payment, investment of funds, maintenance of individual accounts, and updating records, etc.
EPFO is also the agency for implementing Bilateral Social Security Agreements with other countries. In general, the EPFO performs the dual role of being the administration and overseeing the implementation of the Act and also a service provider for beneficiaries, that is members (employees and employer’s).
How to Create an EPFO Account
In order to get access to EPFO portal, you first need to get your UAN activated.
Steps to Get Your UAN Activated
- Visit the EPFO portal.
- Click the link “Activate UAN” below the member login area. From there you will be redirected to the page containing the form.
- To continue, you need to fill out the details of any of the given documents such as UAN, Aadhar or PAN Card details.
- Fill in the compulsory fields (Name, Date of Birth, Mobile No., and the Captcha code).
- Click on the “Get Authorization Pin” button to continue.
- After that, tick the “I Agree” field and enter the OTP sent to your registered mobile number and click the “Validate OTP and Activate UAN” button.
Following the successful completion of the process, your UAN will get activated and you will be able to use the EPFO portal services.
Shortly afterward, you will receive your UAN as a login ID and password as a message to your registered mobile number.
You can then attempt your first login and change the password of your choice and convenience.
Once the UAN is activated, the member can log in to the portal and access his account to view his account details, update his KYC documents, initiate a transfer/withdrawal claim and track the status of his claim
How to Login on EPFO Member Portal
The following are the steps, through which you can log in to EPFO Member Portal.
- First, the member needs to visit the EPFO website www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/index.php
- Under “Our Services” on the menu tab, click on “For Employees”. It will redirect you to the For Employees page.
- Under the “Services”, Click on the “Member UAN/Online Service (OCS/OTP)”.
You will then get redirected to the member interface page where you can log in using your UAN and Password. The member should also enter the captcha code given below, to make a successful login.
- First, the employer should visit the EPFO website www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/index.php
- Under “Our Services” on the menu tab, click on “For Employers”. It will redirect you to the For Employers page.
- Under the “Services” menu, select “Online ECR/ Challan Submission/ OTCP”
You will be redirected to the unified portal for employers, where under the “Establishment Sign In” area, you can log in by entering the username and password. If you want to sign in as the employer, click the “Employer Sign-In” button.
e-KYC on EPFO Login
The EPFO has made it compulsory for employee members to link their EPF account with Aadhar and other relevant documents. For this purpose, EPFO through employee’s UAN account has made provisions to update the KYC details online.
Steps for e-KYC Update
- Login to employee’s member interface page using this link- unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
- Login by entering your UAN, password and the given captcha.
- After successful login, under the “Manage” option in the menu tab, click on “KYC”.
- Then select the document type you want to update from the list displayed. Enter the document number and name as per the document.
- Then, click the “Save” button.
Once you have clicked the Save button, your KYC details will be saved under Pending KYC until it is verified from the concerned authority. And after its successful verification, the document will be marked as verified.
How to Recover Your EPFO Login Password
- Click on the “Forget Password” option.
- Enter your UAN and the captcha code.
- 3. An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number. Enter this OTP and verify your credentials.
- 4. A verification successful message will be displayed and you will get an option to enter your new password.
- 5. Once your password is successfully changed, you can log in using your UAN and new password.
EPFO Available Services
EPFO offers a multitude of services to its members. These services are again grouped under various categories:
- Member Passbook Service
It is a document through which an employee can check EPF balance, view total contribution made during the period in both EPF and EPS account.
The document shows contribution made every month and also interest earned during the period.
- Member UAN/ Online Services
Through UAN member portal, you can submit claims for online withdrawal, transfer, updating KYC related information and know your claims status.
It also provides Missed call and SMS alerts facility to check the PF balance.
- EPFiGMS (Grievance Redressal System)
It is a customized grievance redressal system by EPFO to solve all PF account-related complaint. Through this system, your grievance will be redirected to the concerned department for prompt and smooth action.
- Pensioner’s Portal
Pensioner’s Portal service was launched in March 2018, for providing all pension-related information like pension payment order number and details, pensioner’s passbook information, details regarding submission of pensioner’s life certificate, etc.
For International Workers
EPFO also extends social security benefit to migrant workers, who have shifted to another country for work-related functions. For this purpose, the Government of India has signed multiple agreements with 19 countries including Canada, France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Republic of Korea and Norway.
A foreign worker registered with EPF can make a contribution of 12% on the full salary, whether it is remunerated in India or outside India.
The employer also contributes an equal sum, with the total contribution being 13.61% of the total wages of the employee. It also issues Certificate of Coverage to International workers.
- Employee Help-Desk
EPFO ensures support to employees through its help-desk and toll-free no. 1800-118-005. On the member portal, the employee can select a particular problem that he/she is facing with respect to his/her EPF account.
- UAN Activation
- KYC Pending
- Claim Status
- Viewing the Passbook
- Online Registration
The employer can register their establishments online through EPFO portal by providing details like name of the establishment, PAN, contact details and other relevant details.
- ECR Challan Payments
Facilitates payments and filing of Electronic Challan cum Returns (ECR) through the e-Sewa portal. It includes details of the wages and contributions of new and existing members.
It also relieves the employer from filing monthly and annual return reports and saves from loads of paperwork.
- Online EPF Claim Settlement
Employers can directly approve various transfer claims during job changes, online/offline withdrawal request, and an update of the bank account details of the employees through the unified member portal for employers.
Under the online transfer claim portal (OTCP), the employer can view all the claim settlement request under one head, which makes it convenient for employers to verify and approve the claims.
- Online Transfer of EPF subscription
Establishments with a banking relationship with State Bank of India can easily transfer the monthly subscription amount to the EPFO via online transfer.
For organisations not having a banking relationship with SBI, can use the TRRN (Temporary Return Reference Number) generated at the EPFO website for online EPF amount transfer.
- Employer Helpdesk
EPFO has a separate help-desk for both employer and employee for resolving all their queries, either through helpline number or via email.
Benefits of Activating Your Universal Account Number (UAN)
Your UAN needs to be active for availing a range of services. Below are some of those benefits:
- You can access your EPF account online only after activating your UAN.
- You can download your UAN card as well as your EPF passbook online.
- You can submit KYC documents online quite easy to link your PAN and Aadhaar with your account.
- You can transfer your EPF from one account to another online.
- You can initiate claims online and track its status as well.
If this piece of information serves you right, please don’t hesitate sharing, and subscribe with your email below to get more updates like this one.
Join Over 3,500 000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.