EPFO Login Portal unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/ and Sign Up Guide.
EPFO Login Portal – This article will provide a step by step guide on how to create a new account on EPFO official website, www.epfindia.gov.in.
Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) is a statutory body created by the Employees’ Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952 under the control of the Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India to assist the Central Board of Trustees.
As the largest social security organization in the country, one of its primary duties is that it encourages people to save for retirement.
Other functions of EPFO include enforcement of the Act across the country (except Jammu and Kashmir), settlement of claims, ensuring prompt pension payment, investment of funds, maintenance of individual accounts, and updating records, etc.
EPFO is also the agency for implementing Bilateral Social Security Agreements with other countries. In general, the EPFO performs the dual role of being the administration and overseeing the implementation of the Act and also a service provider for beneficiaries, that is members (employees and employer’s).
How to Create an Account on the EPFO Portal
By registering on the EPFO portal, www.epfindia.gov.in you are entitled to lots of benefits from the comfort of your home or office. But to be able to have these benefits, you have to become a member by creating an account on the portal.
Creating an account using a Universal Account Number (UAN) or registering at the portal is quite easy. Below are the steps on how you can activate your EPF account at the portal using the UAN:
1. Visit the EPF’s website to access their accounts at www.unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/.
2. Click on “Activate UAN”
3. You will be redirected to the page where you will fill your UAN.
4. Enter your name, date of birth, and mobile number. There is provision to enter email address as well.
5. Enter the captcha code and click on the “Get Authorization Pin” button.
6. An OTP will be sent to your mobile number. The UAN and other details entered by you will be displayed on the screen.
7. Tick the “I Agree” option to acknowledge the disclaimer and enter the OTP.
8. Then click on the “Validate OTP and Activate UAN” option.
9. You will receive a confirmatory message on the activation of your UAN on the EPF portal.
10. Your UAN is your login ID and your password is sent to your registered mobile number.
11. In case the UAN has already been activated, a message will be displayed stating that the number is already active.
12. Once the UAN is activated, the member can log in to the portal and access his account to view his account details, update his KYC documents, initiate a transfer/withdrawal claim and track the status of his claim.
How to login to your EPF Account when you forget the Password
1. Click on the “Forget Password” option.
2. Enter your UAN and the captcha code.
3. An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number. Enter this OTP and verify your credentials.
4. A verification successful message will be displayed and you will get an option to enter your new password.
5. Once your password is successfully changed, you can log in using your UAN and new password.
Benefits of Activating your Universal Account Number (UAN)
Your UAN needs to be active for availing a range of services. Below are some of those benefits:
1. You can access your EPF account online only after activating your UAN.
2. You can download your UAN card as well as your EPF passbook online.
3. You can submit KYC documents online quite easy to link your PAN and Aadhaar with your account.
4. You can transfer your EPF from one account to another online.
5. You can initiate claims online and track its status as well.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [email protected] to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.
Don’t Attend to Any Call from this WEBSITES Pertaining to any Job or Scholarship Offer Requiring Money.