My Service Canada Account Login Portal and Registration Guide 2020 Updates.
My Service Canada Account Login Portal: The My Service Canada Account (MSCA) is available from Service Canada, the federal department charged with delivering a wide variety of government services. This article is a precise tutorial on how to access the online portal of My Service Canada and carry out operations such as sign up, and sign in.
The account provides secure online access to view and updates your personal information on Employment Insurance (EI), the Canada Pension Plan (CPP), and Old Age Security (OAS).
How to Obtain an Access Code
Before you can register for a My Service Canada Account, you need an access code—either an EI access code if you are applying for EI benefits or a Personal Access Code, which you must request.
The four-digit EI Access Code is printed in the shaded area on the benefit statement mailed to you after you apply for Employment Insurance.
To request a seven-digit Personal Access Code (PAC), read the information on the Request a Personal Access Code page. Read and print the Privacy Notice Statement for your records. Select continue, provide the following information, and submit your:
- Social Insurance Number
- First name
- Last name
- Date of birth
- Mother’s maiden name
- Postal code and address information
It will take five to 10 days to receive your PAC by mail. Once you have an access code, you can register for a My Service Canada Account online.
How to Register and Log In
At the MSCA website, you can choose between logging in with CGKey using a Government of Canada User ID and password or using credentials you may already have with a Sign-In Partner, such as those you use for online banking.
When you use a Sign-In Partner, Service Canada will not share personal information with the partner about the government services you access and the partner will not provide personal information it holds to Service Canada during the login process.
Service Canada will not know which partner you are using. If you are a first-time user, follow the registration instructions to complete the sign-up process before logging in.
First, read and accept the terms and conditions. Be prepared to:
- Create a User ID
- Create recovery questions, answers, and hints
- Create and confirm a password
Sign-In Partner Registration
- Read and agree to the terms and conditions
- Select a Sign-In Partner
Accessing the My Service Canada Account
There are two ways from which you can choose one to access the My Service Canada Account;
- Use the same sign-in information you use for other online services (for example, online banking).
- If you have a joint bank account, only one of the two people can register for MSCA with the shared account. The second person must use a different Sign-In Partner account or create a GCKey account.
- None of your information (for example, financial, banking) will be shared with ESDC/Service Canada. Your Sign-In Partner will not know which government service you are using.
- You will temporarily leave the ESDC/Service Canada site to use your Sign-In Partner.
- Sign-in with a GCKey user ID and password if you do not use one of the Sign-In Partners.
- Register for a GCKey user ID and password if you do not have one.
- Your GCKey user ID can be used to access other Government of Canada departments and agencies. GCKey user IDs created on other federal government sites can be used on ESDC/Service Canada.
- If you have forgotten an existing GCKey user ID you will need to create a new one.
If you’ve found any of the information in this article handy, please subscribe with your email below, to receive regular updates like this one, and also share to your friends through the various platforms seen above.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.