One way to free up some space on your device is to delete any unwanted contact information. Here, we show you how to delete a phone number, whether you use an Android phone or iPhone.
How to Delete a Phone Number
If you check through your phone, you’re bound to locate at least one person whose phone number you no longer require.
While you may leave their contact information there to save space, you should definitely delete it.
This will not only save you storage space, but it will also help you declutter your contacts list.
Here’s how to delete a phone number, whether you are using an Android or iOS device
Delete a Phone Number from Android Phones
To delete a contact on an android device, follow these steps.
Locate the contact you wish to delete by scrolling through your contacts.
If you have a high number of contacts, then put the contact’s name in the “Search” form at the top of the Contacts directory to see a list of matches.
The Trash symbol is shaped like a trash can. The Delete Contact prompt displays when you tap the “Trash” icon.
To confirm that you wish to delete the selected contacts, tap “OK” on the Delete Contact popup.
Delete a Phone Number from iPhones
To delete a contact from an android device, follow these steps.
To start the Phone app, tap the “Phone” icon on your iPhone’s home screen.
To load a list of contacts on your device, tap the “Contacts” icon at the bottom of the screen.
You may also go straight to the Contacts app by tapping the “Contacts” icon on the home screen.
Select the contact you wish to delete from your contacts list and press it.
The names of the people you should contact are listed alphabetically. When you tap a contact’s name, the contact card for that individual shows.
Scroll down and tap “Delete Contact” after tapping the “Edit” option in the upper corner of the contact card.
To confirm that you wish to remove the contact from your smartphone, tap “Delete Contact” once more.
- How to Wake Someone via Phone
- How to Change Number on Amazon
- How to Clean a Clear Phone Case
- How to Remove a Broken Bolt
- How to Remove a Lipoma Yourself
How Do I Delete All My Contacts on the iPhone?
Here’s what you should do:
‣ On your iPhone, go to the Phone or Contacts app. If you’re using the Phone app, go to the bottom and tap Contacts.
‣ In the upper left corner, tap Groups.
‣ Uncheck all of the profiles if you wish to erase all of your contacts. Your entire contact list will vanish.
You can delete all or a group of contacts from your iPhone at the same time by doing the following.
‣ Scroll to the bottom of the left panel screen and select “Contacts”.
‣ To check all of your contacts, click the “Select All” button.
‣ To delete them all at once, press the Delete button on your iPhone.
How Can I Delete Numbers from a Blocked List?
Within the Phone or FaceTime apps, tap “Contacts.” Find the person you want to block and block them.
Touch “Block This Caller,” then “Block Contact” at the bottom of the contact’s information screen.
Then, to remove the person from your contacts, tap “Edit,” then “Delete Contact.”
How Do I Remove Gmail Contacts in Android?
To remove contacts from your Google accounts, follow these steps.
‣ Go to Google Contacts
‣ Choose one of the following options:
Single contact -Next to the contact’s name, choose the checkbox.
Multiple contacts -Select all of the contacts you want to delete by checking the boxes next to them.
‣ Select More from the drop-down menu at the top.
‣ After that, select Delete.
- How to Remove Accent Wall ACNH
- How to Remove Sharpie from Skin
- How to Remove Polygel Nails
- How to Make Yourself Throw Up
- How to Remove Someone from a Text
How Can I Delete Multiple Contacts in Android?
Because the default Contacts app on a stock Android phone does not allow you to delete numerous contacts, we’ll use Google Contacts Manager to accomplish it.
‣ Go to Google’s Contacts Manager page on your PC.
You’ll get a list of all your contacts once you’ve signed in.
‣ Hover your cursor over a contact you’d like to delete until a check box appears to the left of the Contact’s name.
‣ Select the contact by checking the box.
‣ Select all of the other contacts you want to delete by checking the boxes next to them.
‣ After you’ve selected all of the contacts you wish to delete, go to the top right corner of your screen and click the Trash can icon.
‣ When you click on the Trash Can symbol, a menu will appear; select Delete.
This will delete all of the contacts you’ve chosen to be deleted.
How to Remove the Carrier Default App?
If you’re certain, then select it and then choose Uninstall.
How to Remove Widgets from the Android Lock Screen?
To remove widgets, look towards the bottom of your screen for a lock. If the lock isn’t visible, pull the widget down until it is.
Press and hold the widget once you see the lock. It’s gone from your lock screen now that you’ve moved it up to the “Remove” section.
We believe the above information was useful. Please, kindly share, and don’t forget to comment below.