How to draw a fairy. Hello and welcome to our drawing lesson on how to draw a fairy. Tinkerbell, one of the most well-known fairies of all time, inspired this little fairy.
How to Draw a Fairy
Here are six simple steps to help you draw a fairy:
1. Begin by drawing the basic shapes that will serve as guides. For the hips and lower body, draw a circle. Then, for the torso, draw an oval shape, followed by another oval standing upright for the head.
Draw a curved line through the middle of the torso circle, stopping at the bottom of the top oval shape, which will be the head.
Draw one line out at 45 degrees from the bottom hips circle, then back and down at 45 degrees. This is the leg with the knee bent. Draw another line curving down for the other leg. As a guide, refer to the image.
2. Draw the fairy’s dress using the guide shapes, with sharp points at the bottom to show it’s ragged. Then, using the top oval shape as a guide, draw the head shape, hair, and neck. As a guide, use the image on the left.
3. Add the ear and hairline now. Draw a line for the pointy nose now. Draw the first arm from the top of the oval shape of the chest. The arm should be extended outward and downward. Finally, draw the leg with the knee bent. Please see the image.
4. It’s time to add the eyes, with two leaf shapes for each. Draw on the other arm, which is bending upwards, to help demonstrate her balancing while flying. Draw the other leg line, this time pointing straight down.
5. Let us now add the wings! Draw two large pointy leaf shapes behind the fairy to represent her wings as she flies. Now, inside the eye shapes, draw two circles for her pupils. Fill in her brows. Finally, we’ll include her mouth.
6. We’re now complete! You now add some details such as stars around her, even add a fairy dust trail behind her as she flies!
Did You Know?
Some fun facts about fairies:
‣ Fairies are small magical human-like beings who are usually invisible, with the exception of some people who have the gift to see them.
‣ Fairies are often mischievous and playful
‣ Fairies are generally friendly, helping nature such as plants and flowers to grow
‣ Fairies generally live in dwellings amidst nature, such as forests and gardens
Your Fairy Drawing is Complete!
We hope you enjoy this step-by-step guide to drawing a fairy. With this guide, you’ll be able to draw and color a fairy, complete with complex features and intricate details, in no time.
And the best part is that you can change its physical characteristics and colors as much as you want!
We are constantly updating our “How to Draw” catalog, so keep checking back to take advantage of newly uploaded tutorials.
All you need is a pen and paper to get started drawing! We can’t wait to see what you draw next. We’re confident it’ll be just as spectacular as this one!
We’re sure you’re very proud of yourself after finishing your masterpiece and you should be! Completing this fairy drawing is very satisfying. Make sure to display your artwork and share it on our Facebook and Pinterest pages. We’re sure it looks fantastic! We can’t wait to see your vibrant fairy illustration!
Please leave your comments and questions in the comment box below. Feel free to share this article on your social media pages.