You may have seen the “Reading list” option on the right side of the Bookmarks bar when you open Google Chrome. We’ll show you how to remove the reading list from Chrome.
The “Reading List” feature in Chrome makes it simple to bookmark pages and articles for later. However, the persistent button in the Bookmarks Bar can be inconvenient if you’re not interested in the feature. We’ll demonstrate how to get rid of it.
Simply store pages to read later in the Reading List. Also, it is similar to services like Pocket; it is a built-in feature of the Chrome web browser.
The Reading List is simple to ignore on the iPhone and iPad if you don’t use It, but on the desktop. Therefore, it occupies space in the Bookmarks Bar.
How to Remove Reading List from Chrome
You can disable or stop viewing the reading list and the ‘add to reading list’ option in Google Chrome in three different ways. All three will be discussed.
1. Remove Reading List Using Google Settings
The Bookmarks bar is located at the top of Google Chrome, below the address bar. Here you’ll find your first few bookmarked links, as well as the Reading List in the right corner.
You’ll be able to see all of the links you’ve already added to the list if you click on them. This is how you may get rid of this particular option from the browser window.
- Launch Google Chrome
- Right-click anywhere on the Bookmarks bar
- Look for the ‘Show readings list’ option.
- If there is a checkmark next to it, click it to remove the Readings list option.
- Select “Show readings list” from the bookmarks bar once more. The option will be reintroduced shortly.
2. Remove the Reading List Using the Turn-off Feature
If you want to remove the ‘Add to reading list’ option so that you can add any additional web pages to your existing reading list, follow the procedures below.
- Launch Google Chrome
- Paste the following into the address bar: chrome:/flags/
- Select Enabled from the drop-down menu next to these.
- Type ‘Temporarily’ in the ‘Search flags’ search bar if you don’t see these possibilities right away.
- After you’ve made these adjustments, you’ll be able to disable Reading List from Google Chrome by relaunching it.
- When Chrome relaunches, you’ll notice that the option to “Add the reading list” is greyed out.
3. Remove the Reading List Using the Disable Feature
There is a very simple procedure in place if you want to totally delete the ‘Add the reading list’ option and simply have the Bookmarks setting open every time you click on the star icon.
Remove the reading list by Copying and pasting the following into Chrome’s address bar: /flags/#
This will bring up a flag called Reading list on your screen, with the same drop-down menu as before.
Open it up and choose Disabled Relaunch from the menu that appears, then wait for the Chrome Window to reopen.
When you click the star icon now, the link will be saved as a bookmark only in the bookmark bar, thereby removing the opportunity to add it to your reading list.
How do I Remove a Username from Chrome AutoFill?
1. Select the Chrome menu icon from the drop-down menu. (There are three dots in the top right corner of the screen.)
2. Go to the Settings tab.
3. Expand Passwords in the “Autofill” box on the left-hand side.
4. Locate the entry you want to remove.
5. Select “Remove” from the three dots symbol to the right of the entry.
How do you Delete Extensions in Google Chrome?
You must first know where to look for Chrome extensions before you can delete them. Here’s how to identify and remove Chrome extensions:
1. Click the three-dot icon in the right corner of Chrome.
2. In the top right corner of your Chrome browser, look for the three-dot icon.
3. Select More Tools, then Extensions from the drop-down menu. You can also type ‘chrome:/extensions’ into your browser’s search bar to get to this page.
4. From the drop-down menu, choose “More Tools” and then “Extensions.”
All of your visible browser extensions will be displayed here. When you find the plugin you want to uninstall, you have two options:
6. To delete the Chrome extension, click the Remove button.
7. Slide the toggle to disable the software, or use the “Remove” button to delete it.
The consequences of changing your browser extension preferences are immediate, so you won’t have to restart your browser to notice them. Other devices synced to your system will see your add-on changes as well.
What’s the Difference Between a Bookmark and a Reading List?
There’s no significant difference between a link in your favorites and one you’ve added to your reading list from a technical standpoint. A reading list is just a place for you to keep all of the links you want to read in one place.
As we previously stated, this can be quite useful for students and others who need to read a lot of information from the internet for their profession.
How do I Make Chrome Bookmark Icons Only?
Follow the steps below to only see icons on the Chrome bookmarks bar:
1. Start the Chrome web browser.
2. Go to the website you wish to visit and bookmark it.
3. In the address bar, click the “Star” icon.
4. Delete all of the data in the “Name” field.
5. From the dropdown menu, choose “Bookmarks bar.”
6. Select “Done” from the drop-down menu.