How to remove waterproof eyeliner. Waterproof eyeliners are designed to stay resist water, so it’s not surprising that it becomes so difficult to clean off. This article prefers a couple of tips to help you with this struggle anytime.
Ways to Remove Waterproof Eyeliner
Here are a couple of home remedies to help you take off that eyeliner:
1. Use Makeup Remover
Makeup removers may appear to be one of the hundreds of gimmicky products you wish you hadn’t purchased (I’m looking at you, L’Oreal One Sweep Eye Shadow), but trust me when I say they work like a charm.
Here’s how to use the product correctly:
‣ Close one of your eyelids and press the saturated pad gently against your eye for about 20 seconds. This allows the product to destabilize and degrade the waterproof properties of the eye makeup.
‣ Swipe the pad gently across your eyelid in circular motions, or from the inner to the outer edge of your eyelid.
‣ If the pad becomes dirty, flip it over to the clean side and repeat. Depending on how thick your eyeliner is, you may need to remove it with two to three cotton pads or cotton balls.
‣ Using a cotton swab, remove any remaining eyeliner from your waterline. Dab the swab’s tip gently along the bottom of your lash line.
‣ Continue with your regular makeup removal routine once all traces of eyeliner have been removed.
‣ Using circular motions, cleanse your skin with a gentle cleanser to remove any remaining makeup and dirt from your face.
‣ If you wear a lot of makeup, double cleanse.
‣ After that, moisturize your skin with oil, moisturizer, or serum.
- How to Remove No Chip Nail Polish
- How to Remove a Sliding Glass Door
- How to Remove Super Glue From Metal
- How to Remove Toner from Hair
2. Use Wet Wipes
Wet wipes don’t remove makeup as well as makeup removers, but they do the job well and cheaply. They’re also extremely convenient!
You can easily keep a pack or two in your purse for on-the-go makeup removal when you can’t wait to get your makeup off your face.
You don’t even need to wash your face afterward because they’re already soaked in cleaning agents.
They’re pricier than regular wet wipes, but they contain all the ingredients needed to remove your waterproof eyeliner.
I don’t recommend using baby wipes or regular wipes to remove makeup, especially if you have sensitive skin.
They will not only irritate your skin, but they will also only do half the job, leaving a lot of residues behind.
Here’s how to remove waterproof eyeliner with makeup wipes:
‣ Press a towelette on the lid of your eye for 20 to 30 seconds to soften the waterproof eyeliner.
‣ Sweep the towelette gently from the inner to the outer corner.
‣ Fold the towelette clean-side up and repeat until no eyeliner residue remains.
‣ Use a brand new towelette to remove the rest of the makeup from your face
‣ Rising is optional but recommended, especially if you wear a lot of makeup.
3. Use Vaseline
Vaseline is a multi-purpose product that not only heals and moisturizes your skin but also dissolves almost any type of makeup with little to no difficulty.
It’s even better because it’s safe to use around the eyes.
Follow these steps to remove waterproof eyeliner with Vaseline:
‣ With your finger, apply a small amount of Vaseline directly to your eyelid.
‣ Gently massage the area until the makeup on the eyelids and the waterproof eyeliner come off.
‣ With a soft cotton pad or tissue, wipe away the Vaseline.
‣ Wash your face to remove the product’s oily residue.
By following the steps outlined above, you now know how to remove waterproof eyeliner. There is no direct way to accomplish this. As a result, we have provided you with the best possible alternative. We hope this article cleared up any confusion and provided you with answers.
Please leave your questions and comments in the comment box below. Feel free to share this article with others in need of this knowledge.