How to send GIFs on Snapchat. GIFs make texting so much more enjoyable. They add expressions and animation that text alone cannot convey. GIFs can be sent and received on most social media platforms, including Snapchat. In this article, we’ll show you how to send GIFs on Snapchat, whether you’re an Android or iOS user.
How to Use GIFs in Snapchat Snaps
Adding GIFs to your Snaps is actually pretty easy. Here’s how:
‣ First, fire up your Snap engine and take a picture or video.
‣ Tap the Sticker icon from the row on the right side of the screen.
‣ Scroll down and select a GIF to add it to your photo or video. You could also enter a keyword or phrase in the search bar to get more specific GIF options.
‣ Drag the GIF you added in the previous step to your preferred location on the screen.
‣ Pinch your screen to adjust the size of the GIF as you please.
‣ You can then send your Snap to your Stories, friends/contacts, or simply save it to your gallery to share on other social media platforms.
And that’s how to send a GIF on Snapchat. If you want to remove or replace a GIF you have added to a Snap, simply drag it to the bottom of the screen towards the Bin icon that pops up.
You can use as many Snapchat GIFs as you’d like in the same Snap.
You can also use the Bitmoji and Scissors features to create avatars and stickers, respectively, to improve your chatting experience on Snapchat. How to send GIFs on Snapchat.
How to Send GIFs in Snapchat Messages
If you’re on iOS, you’ll need to install the GIPHY keyboard on your iPhone. On the Android side of things, you’re going to need the Gboard app.
‣ Download: GIPHY for iOS (Free)
‣ Download: Gboard for Android (Free)
How to Get GIFs on Snapchat (for Android)
How to send GIFs on Snapchat. On most Android devices, Gboard is the default keyboard. If your phone’s manufacturer installed a different keyboard, proceed with the steps below.
Navigate to Settings > System > Languages & input, and then select Virtual keyboard. Ascertain that Gboard is set as your default keyboard.
Alternatively, after installing the Gboard app, simply launch it and follow the prompts. Give it the permissions it requires, and you’re good to go.
Now, let’s get back to business. On an Android phone, here’s how to send a GIF in a Snapchat message:
‣ Open a chat with the intended recipient of the GIF you want to send.
‣ Tap on the text bar as normal to open the keyboard.
‣ Tap on the GIF icon in the menu bar.
‣ You’ll see a variety of GIFs. Select or search for the one you want and tap on it to send. How to send GIFs on Snapchat.
How to Get GIFs on Snapchat (for iOS)
To use GIFs on Snapchat on iOS, follow these steps:
‣ Head over to Settings > General > Keyboard and tap to see your keyboard options.
‣ Tap Add New Keyboard. You’ll find the GIPHY keyboard under Third-Party Keyboards. Tap on it to add it.
‣ Once you’ve added the GIPHY keyboard, it’ll appear in the list of active keyboards. Tap it to access more settings.
‣ Toggle the Allow full access option and tap Allow from the pop-up to give the app full permissions.
Now you’ll be able to switch between keyboards while texting on your iPhone.
To send GIFs on Snapchat chats on your iPhone:
‣ Open Snapchat and head over to the chat of the friend you want to send the GIF.
‣ Tap and hold the Globe icon to the left of the spacebar to display keyboard settings.
‣ Select GIPHY from the list.
‣ Enter a keyword into the search bar to search for the GIF you want and tap it to copy.
‣ Simply paste the GIF back into the text bar and hit send. How to send GIFs on Snapchat.
Please leave your comments and questions in the comment section below. Feel free to share this article with friends and loved ones.