Would you love to learn how to stop discord from opening on startup? One program that launches by default when you turn on your computer is Discord. To discover more about discord, keep reading.
Discord launching at boot-up consumes system resources, delaying the boot-up process.
Here’s how to prevent Discord from launching when your computer starts up if you don’t want to see it immediately.
How to Stop Discord from Opening on Startup
To stop discord from opening on Startup can be achieved using one of two techniques.
To remove Discord from starting items, either use the in-app options in Discord or Windows Task Manager.
Choose whatever approach you are most familiar with using because we have given instructions for both of them.
But before we move right into the steps, it is pertinent to understand what we meant by discord.
Meaning of Discord
A software for group communication that allows users to talk to their friends and coworkers can be term as Discord.
It enables you to share your screen, video call, audio chat, and send instant messages to your buddies.
On Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and Linux, Discord may be downloaded for free. Discord does not need to be installed because it operates straight from a web browser.
Discord was first created for the gaming community, but it is now widely utilized as a platform for all different groups.
Discord servers are online communities where users may converse and interact on a certain subject.
Members, topics, regulations, and channels vary from server to server.
Discord may at first glance resemble the Slack chat platform. However, it has a ton more stuff to offer, especially for gamers.
- Snapchat Opens then Closes Immediately iPhone
- What Does GNS Mean on Snapchat?
- What Does the Hourglass on Snapchat Mean?
- What Does PMO Mean Snapchat?
Steps to Stop Discord Startup from App (Windows & Mac)
We may disable discord on startup using one of two approaches. To remove Discord from starting items, use Windows Task Manager or the in-app options in Discord.
1. Open Discord and go to the Settings tab by clicking on the gear icon in the bottom left corner of the screen.
2. To access Discord options specific to your OS, select “Windows Settings” from the left sidebar.
3. You may now close the “Open Discord” option. No longer will Discord launch when you turn on your computer. With the “Start Minimized” setting, you may also decide to launch Discord in the background.
How to Stop Discord Startup from Windows Task Manager
Follow these methods to stop Discord startup in Task Manager (Windows).
1. Using the Windows 11 keyboard shortcut “Ctrl+Shift+Esc,” launch Task Manager, then choose the “Startup applications” tab.
2. In the list of starting programs, look for Discord, then click the “Disable” button in the top-right corner of the screen.
3. You may always return to Task Manager and select “Enable” if you decide to change your mind and want Discord to launch along with your system.
How to Disable Discord on Auto-Startup from Mac
Follow the steps below to disable Discord from launching when you turn on your Mac.
1. Select “System Preferences” from the Apple menu in the top-left corner of your Mac.
2. To access your account settings, select “Users & Groups” from the System Preferences menu.
3. Select your user account from the list of “Current users” and then click the “Login Items” tab.
4. To prevent Discord from launching at startup, find it in the list of starting items, select it, and press the minus button at the bottom.
When you turn on your Mac, Discord will no longer launch automatically.
How to Remove Discord from Startup Apps on Windows & Mac
Discord being removed from startup applications should help reduce system load when your PC starts up.
We advise removing common offenders like Spotify at the same time as you disable Discord from launch to speed up the boot process.
Thank you for taking the time to go through this article.
If you find this article useful to you, kindly share it with your friends and family on social media.