To turn on dark mode on Snapchat, go to the App Appearance section and enable the dark mode. Here, we explain how to turn on dark mode on Snapchat.
How to Turn on Dark Mode on Snapchat
Snapchat has a dark mode available for iOS users, and it’s much simpler to enable than you may expect.
Currently Snapchat for Android devices does not support turning on Dark Mode.
To turn on Dark Mode on Snapchat using an iOS device, follow these steps.
‣ Launch Snapchat
‣ Select your Bitmoji.
‣ Click Settings.
‣ Scroll down on the Settings menu
‣ Go to App Appearance.
‣ Select Dark Mode
There you have it, the dark mode on Snapchat is now turned on.
As of this writing, Snapchat does not support Android’s Dark Mode, therefore at this moment, only iPhone users can make use of this function.
However, we will update this page as soon as it does.
- See How Many Snapchat Friends You Have
- How to Change Your Birthday on Snapchat
- How to Mute Someone on Snapchat
- How to Get Verified on Snapchat
- What Does MB Mean Snapchat?
How Do I Enable Dark Mode in Snapchat on iOS?
Just a few weeks after Apple launched a dark mode option for iOS, Snapchat, a popular social media platform, released a dark mode option for iOS/iPhone.
You can enable Snapchat’s dark mode on iOS using these steps
‣ Open the Snapchat app on your phone
‣ Click on the “Bitmoji” in the top left corner of the app to access your profile.
‣ On the upper right, click the “Gear Icon” (Settings).
‣ Scroll down and find the “App Appearance” option.
‣ Select “Always Dark.”
After that, the dark mode will be fully enabled.
How Can You Get Dark Mode on Snapchat on Android?
Sadly, Snapchat hasn’t made Dark Mode available for Android users, however, they consistently update everything else.
Since “Dark Mode” launched on iOS/iPhone almost three years ago (in October 2019), it is probably reasonable to assume that it won’t be coming to Android.
Nevertheless, depending on where they are in the world, some users might have access to Dark Mode (beta mode).
Android Snapchat might not come with native support for Dark Mode, but you can take a different approach.
To enable Snapchat and all other applications to use Dark Mode, turn on “Android developer mode” and use “Settings.”
The OS’s Dark Mode setting may change several of an app’s visible features, including Snapchat.
Here’s how to try it and see if it works for you.
‣ On your screen, swipe downward and click the “gear icon” (Settings) on the upper right.
‣ Select “Display.”
‣ Switch on “Dark theme.” It can show up as “Dark mode” on some phones.
‣ Reopen “Settings” and select “System.”
‣ Tap on the “Advanced” dropdown menu.
‣ Select “Developer options” from the list
‣ Scroll down to the “Hardware Accelerated Rendering”
‣ To enable the feature, tap “Override force-dark.”
N/B: Snapchat does not appear to function properly on Android 10 and later when the OS’s Dark Mode is forced.
How Do I Enable the Dark Mode on an Android Smartphone?
Using a dark theme or color inversion, you can transform the background of your display to a dark color.
The Android system UI and supported apps both use a dark theme. Follow these steps to enable it
‣ Open the Settings app on your device.
‣ Select Accessibility.
‣ Select “Display” and select “Dark theme.”
- How to Recover Deleted Snapchat Memories
- What Does Clear Cache Mean on Snapchat?
- What Does SSB Mean on Snapchat?
- What Does SN Mean on Snapchat?
- Black and White Snapchat Logo
How Do I Enable Dark Mode on Medium?
You can enable or disable dark mode by turning on or off the “Night mode” button on that page.
There isn’t a way to enable dark mode on the Medium browser version, which is disappointing. However, you can simply do this by using add-ons.
An example is the Google Chrome Extension for dark mode for Medium.
Follow these steps to enable dark mode in Medium.
‣ Open a new tab in your Chrome browser
‣ Search for the google extension with the name ‘Dark mode for Medium’
‣ Choose “Enabled” from the drop-down menu for the experiment setting “Force Dark Mode for Web Contents”.
‣ Restart your browser.
Is there a Way to Get Dark Mode on Instagram for iPhone?
Instagram does not have a setting to enable dark mode; instead, it will match your device’s settings.
Follow these steps to enable dark mode:
Make sure your Instagram app is updated to the most recent version before you start.
‣ On your iPhone running iOS 13 or higher, launch the Settings app.
‣ Select Display & Brightness by swiping down.
‣ You have two choices: Light and Dark, in the Appearance area at the top of the page.
‣ Select Dark.
‣ The Instagram app should now be accessible in dark mode.
Turning on dark mode on Snapchat is a very easy process. We hope you now know how to do it effortlessly. Feel free to share this with your friends and family.