Would you love to know what grocery stores take Apple Pay? Read on! However, as more individuals choose to use their phones instead of wallets, contactless payment options are becoming more and more common.
Apple Pay transactions are dynamically encrypted, so they are quite safe. Also, Touch ID and Apple’s fingerprint technology provide additional security for Apple Pay.
However, it’s quick, secure, and easy to check out and pay for your groceries using contactless payment with Apple Pay.
As a result, many customers are choosing it as a payment option, and most supermarkets and food stores have now added Apple Pay to their list of acceptable payment methods.
Where to use Apple Pay
Also, it is accepted at Harris Teeter, Hannaford, Publix, Family Dollar, Food Lion, Cub Foods, Lucky Supermarkets, Meijer, Giant Eagle, Walgreens, Sprouts, Shaw’s, Vons, Hy-Vee, and Randalls.
Check out the most complete list we’ve put together for you below to determine if your favorite retailer offers Apple Pay.
Grocery Stores that Take Apple Pay
When a user wishes to use Apple Pay, they only need to double-click the power button to launch Apple Pay, then, follow the steps using face ID or a passcode, and place the phone close to the payment terminal.
When they are out shopping and conducting errands, iOS users adore how convenient it is to use Apple Pay because they can quickly and securely pay for groceries with only a tap of their phone or Apple Watch before leaving.
It is a nice addition to the list of acceptable forms of payment that your grocery shop accepts. However, the following grocery shops accept Apple Pay for grocery purchases:
- Acme Markets
- Cub Foods
- Duane Reade
- Family Dollar
- Farm Fresh
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Market Street
- Food Lion
- Giant Eagle
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey’s Supermarket
- Star Market
- Stater Bros.
- Stop and Shop
Find out which grocery stores presently offer Apple Pay by using Apple Maps on any iOS device, such as your iPhone, iPad, or MacBook.
That is simple and just requires a few steps;
1. First, enter the grocery shop where you want to utilize Apple Pay in Apple Maps.
2. Then, swipe up to get the complete menu for the place after selecting it and choosing Apple Pay as your payment method.
3. Also, to find the “Useful to Know” section, scroll down until you see it.
- Does Walmart Accept Apple Pay?
- In-store, Online & Gas
- Does Dairy Queen Take Apple Pay?
- How to Use Visa Gift Card on Amazon
- A Guide to Understanding Their Services
4. Furthermore, if the supermarket you’re looking for allows Apple Pay, it will say “Contactless Payment” and include the WIFI and Apple Pay logos.
Meanwhile, Apple Maps may also get a list of all the nearby supermarkets and food businesses that now support Apple Pay. Open Apple Maps, then type “Grocery Stores” into the search field.
It will read “Contactless Payment” and have the Wi-Fi and Apple Pay logos if the supermarket accepts Apple Pay.
Also, you may use Apple Maps to see a list of all the closest grocery stores and restaurants that accept Apple Pay. Then, enter “Grocery Stores” into the search bar of Apple Maps after launching it.
How to Shop at Grocery Stores with Apple Pay
You must first recognize the Apple Pay icon in order to use Apple Pay at a grocery shop. However, the NFC card reader or store window will bear the Apple Pay logo.
Howbeit, to transfer your money digitally when it’s time to pay, all you have to do is place your Apple iPhone or Apple Watch near the NFC card reader.
Meanwhile, when paying with Apple Pay at a food shop, check for the following symbols:
Your iPhone or Apple Watch may use Apple Pay. All iPhones with Face ID, all iPhones with Touch ID (apart from the iPhone 5S), and Apple Watches starting with Series 1 are compatible with Apple Pay.
We must configure it in your device’s Apple Wallet before you can use Apple Pay.
Using iPhone Face ID for Apple Pay at a Grocery Store
Follow these steps:
1. When using your chosen card to pay at the register, double-click the side button on your iPhone.
2. You may use Face ID, or your passcode to get your identity verified.
3. Then, suspend your iPhone only inches from the NFC scanner. The reader will display “Done” and a checkmark when everything is finished.
Using Apple Pay at a Grocery Store with iPhone Touch ID
Follow these steps:
1. To access your saved credit card with Apple Pay, double-click the side button.
2. To confirm your payment, place your finger on your Touch ID device.
3. Then, put your iPhone near the NFC scanner. The checkmark is present, and it says “Done” on the display.
Using Apple Watch and Apple Pay at a Grocery Store
Follow these steps:
1. Press and hold your watch’s side button twice.
2. Also, your Apple Watch should be held face down, with your wrist turned toward the NFC scanner.
Is Apple Pay Safe to Use at Grocery Stores?
A lot of individuals use Apple Pay to make purchases at grocery stores, online, or through apps. However, using your actual card or typing the information into an app or website is riskier than using Apple Pay.
Meanwhile, when paying for food with Apple Pay on an iPhone, Apple Watch, MacBook, or iPad, you must verify your identity using Face ID, Touch ID, or a passcode.
Besides, the extra protection that biometric verification offers, it also ensures that the grocery store where you are shopping is kept in the dark about your identity and card number.
Further, when you use Apple Pay, they even saved none of your credit card data on your device. As such, Apple Pay is one of the safest payment methods accessible.
The easiest method to pay for your goods is using Apple Pay. Your shopping experience will be enhanced by the fact that so many of your favorite grocery stores now accept Apple Pay.
Apple Pay simplifies things by merely asking that your phone be close to the payment terminal.
Whatever customer loyalty points you may accumulate at the grocery store, you will still be able to accumulate all the points connected to your selected credit card.