Documents Required For US Visa Interview in Nigeria | 2020 Update.
Documents Required For US Visa Interview in Nigeria: Each candidate is required to bring the original version of all civil documents plus one photocopy of each document to the visa interview.
You must also bring any essential financial evidence provided by your petitioner. Failure to bring all required original documents and also photocopies to the interview may cause delay or denial of the visa.
Make sure you cautiously read the interview instructions for the embassy or consulate where your interview will take place.
In this article, I will list the documents required for Us visa interview in Nigeria.
Bring the Following Items to Your Visa Interview
Types of US visas
- Non-immigrant Visas
- Immigrant Visas
Non-immigrant Visas include visas for a temporary stay.
Immigrant Visa is the kind you need if you want to permanently live in the USA.
Non-immigrant Visas are divided into the following types:
Business / Tourist Visa (B-1 / B-2)
Work Visa (H (H-1B, H-1B1, H-2A, H-2B, H-3, H-4), L (L-1 L-2), O, P, Q, R)
Student Visa (F-1, M-1)
Exchange Visitor Visa (J-1, J-2)
Transit / Ship Crew Visas (C, D, C-1 / D, B-1 / B-2)
Domestic Employee Visa (A-3, G-5, B-1) Journalist and Media Visas
General Recommendations on Documents
- Any documents confirming the fact that you are not going to stay illegally in the US can be useful.
- Only submit originals. Photocopies are not advised.
- Do not try to falsify documents. If any sign of deception is found out, you may lose the opportunity to enter the US forever.
- It is not necessary to send documents by mail or fax if consulate employee does not require it.
- Employees of the consulate or embassy adhere to confidentiality while working with your documents.
- A decision to grant a visa will be taken by the consular employees after an interview and according to the laws of the United States.
Documents Required for US Visa
Business or Tourist Visa
These visas are for people who want to travel to the USA or go on a business trip.
Documents required for the interview:
- Valid evidence of income, tax payments, possession of property or business and other assets.
- Your travel route and other information about your planned trip.
- A letter from your employer with the details of your position, salary, terms of your employment and vacation, as well as the business goal of your visit.
- Criminal/court records relating to an arrest or conviction anywhere, even if you have finished your sentence or were later forgiven.
Depending on your reason for travel, you have to take the following documents:
Students Take your latest school results, and degrees or diplomas. In addition, take proof of financial endorsements such as bank applications, fixed deposits, or other proofs.
Working adults take the letter from your boss that you are employed and payrolls for the last three months.
People in business and company heads take proof of your position in the company and salary.
Visiting a relative Bring copies of a status certificate for your relative (Green Card, certificate of naturalization, valid visa, and so on).
Prior visitors to the US if you have once visited the United States, take any documents that verify your immigration or visa status.
How to Apply for a US Visa?
1. Photographs that meet the US Visa photo requirements should be obtained before beginning the application process. You will need to upload a digital photograph with your application.
2. Complete the DS-160 form and submit the visa application online through the US Department of State website. Print out the bar-coded confirmation page.
3. Pay the non-refundable processing fee online or over the counter at a bank. You will need to take the receipt with to your interview.
4. Schedule an appointment online or through a call center (234) 1 440 6218. You will need the following documents when making your appointment:
Your passport number.
- Your fee payment receipt purchase date.
- The 10-digit bar-code number from your DS-160 confirmation page.
5. Gather your documents and any supporting documents that may help your application.
6. Attend your US Visa Application appointment at the US Embassy in Abuja or US Consulate General in Lagos. You will need to bring the following documents with you to the interview:
- Your current and previous passports
- Appointment confirmation letter
- Bar-coded DS-160 confirmation page
- Receipt of the visa application fee
- A color photograph that meets the photo requirements
7. If your visa is approved, your passport with the visa will be delivered to the pick-up location you specified when you scheduled your appointment or couriered to your chosen address.
The above provided are the documents required for us visa interview in Nigeria.
If you found this article useful and would love to get more updates like this one kindly subscribe below, by entering your email and hit the share button to share to your friends.
Join Over 3,500 000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Tags: american visa application requirements, documents required for b1 b2 us visa interview, likely interview questions at the us embassy, requirements for us visa in nigeria, requirements for us visitor visa, us visa appointment available dates in nigeria, us visa appointment nigeria, us visa requirements for nigerian citizens