JAMB Requirements and Important Guidelines for CBT Owners.
The Joint Admission Matriculation Board (JAMB) has published new requirements for all accredited CBT Owners as well as the Registration and Examination guidelines for the forthcoming UTME.
The New Guidelines and Directions Outlines What;
- CBT Centers owners should do
- When to do it
- How to do it
- Where to do it
- Who to do it
JAMB New Accreditation Requirements
- All CCTV Systems must be wired.
- No more wireless CCTV Systems.
- Centres are to ensure re-validation of their SIM-serial numbers : supply serial number.
- Holding Rooms must be in good proximity to the examination hall & must be adequately sized.
- Make-shift CBT centres are NOT allowed; all centres must therefore be dedicated CBT centres that are used and maintained as such all year round.
- All centres must have MTN or AIRTEL network coverage.
- All Centre networks must be powered by Switches. No hubs allowed.
- Centres are strongly advised to use static IP addresses rather than Dynamic IP Addressing.
- Conveniences both in the Exam hall and waiting areas will be checked more strictly this year.
JAMB New Registration Requirements
- No more scanning of Picture.
- All pictures will be captured live through USB cameras.
- All registration points must have dual screens each facing the operator and candidate.
- Candidates must be able to review their data before submission.
- Candidate must preview registration before submission.
- All centres will be required to capture minimum sample of 20 candidates & create a sample 10 access points which will be monitored centrally.
- All registrations require biometric fingerprint authentication to print.
- LED table top lights must be provided to improve picture capture at each registration point.
JAMB New Examination Requirements
- Downloading of JAMB Custom Browser website & installation on every system
- During examination, communication signals from, into and around the examination centre shall be restricted through the use of electronic signal Jammer.
- Only 3 persons pre-registered from the CBT Centre will be allowed enter the examination hall in the course of examination.
- Centres will be paid based on up-time of the computers (required 250).
- Adequate provision of WALL CLOCKS.
- Centres are required to trunk all electrical and network cables (Exposed or flying cables are no longer allowed).
- All persons (officials & candidates) are prohibited from bringing any banned item into the examination hall e.g wrist watches, electronic devices, pen/biroProvision of up-to-date Antivirus on all systems.
JAMB New Financial Partners
Mobile Money Operators (MMOs), Microfinance Banks and Special Value Added Service (VAS) providers (USSD Users e.g ERCAS)
participating Banks & Financial Switches: Interswitch, Remita, NIBBS, eTransact
They will be available at all JAMB CBT centres for all cash & card payments (including service fees)
JAMB New Payment/Collection Requirements
- All transactions by CBT centers are to be cashless
- CBT centres are to open bank accounts with any of the participating banks
JAMB New ePIN Payment Process by Candidates
- Sends his/her Surname, First Name & Middle Name (where applicable). This should be maximum of 38 characters + 2 spaces between names = 40 characters in all to a designated short code of JAMB
- One cell number (mobile number) can be used by one candidate only.
- A confirmation code (OTP) is received by the candidate on the same number.
- The candidate presents the OTP to the point of procurement of form (Banks, MMOs, MFBs, Switches, USSD Partners). The form ePIN is then sent as text message to the candidate
- The candidate presents the ePIN at any JAMB accredited CBT
Centre for registration
Duties of Participating Financial Institutions at the CBT Centres
- Collect the confirmation code (OTP) from candidates phone.
- Collect payment and issue ePINs
- Facilitate POS Payments if necessary
- Provide Evidence of Payments
- Collection of Centre Service Fees
Debit for the agreed N30,000 (50% of cost) cost of Annual Internet Data
Computers & Cubicles
- 250 functional Desktop Computer systems or laptops is required
- 25 numbers backup systems
- Provision of individual cubicle (26L x 18H x 18B) inches & appropriate seat for each system.
- Minimum 15” flat screen Computer monitor for desktop or 17” for Laptop
- Minimum of 2GB RAM for all computers or thin clients
- All Computers must be connected to a computer server with capacity to carry a minimum of 250 systems concurrently
To download this information, check the attached PDF document below;
Click here to download file
Click here to view larger online version of the file
We cherish your opinion and we look forward to it. Hence, if you need us to feed you with more updated information at the right time about JAMB UTME Registration 2018, kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.