NEET 2020 Updates: Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility, Syllabus.
NEET 2020Application Form can be completed from 3rd February 2020. NTA will organize the examination on 3rd May 2020. The exam will be conducted Once in a Year in Offlinemode. National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts the NEET exam. Through this article, we have provided complete details regarding NEET 2020 updates.
With so much demand by candidates on various platforms yearning for information about NEET 2020 exam updates; application form, guide, sample questions and exam pattern for 2020. Many candidates also have been asking us questions like;
- I have entered the wrong details in the application. Can I make corrections?
- Is Self Declaration Form is necessary to apply for 15% All India Quota?
- What will be the minimum age limit for the NEET exam?
- Is NEET 2020 online?
- What is the application form fee?
- Can I fill the application form through offline mode also?
- Can a candidate change its center city after the allotment of roll number?
- When will the registration process start?
- Do I have to send a confirmation page of the application form to the authority?
- Is there any negative marking in the entrance exam?
In this article, we have provided complete details related to NEET 2020 updates. So all your questions will be answered, carefully read through.
The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test-Under Graduate (NEET (UG)), succeeded from All India Pre-Medical Test (AIPMT) is an entrance examination in India for students who wish to study undergraduate medical courses (MBBS) and dental courses (BDS) in government or private medical colleges and dental colleges in India.
The undergraduate NEET (UG), for MBBS and BDS courses, is currently conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA), which provides the results to the Directorate General of Health Services at the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
NEET-UG replaced the All India Pre Medical Test(AIPMT) and all individual MBBS exams conducted by states or colleges themselves in 2013. NEET-UG is a single entrance test for admissions to more than 66,000 MBBS and BDS seats across India.
NEET 2020 Exam Dates
Candidates can check below various official NEET exam dates:
|Application form release||2nd December 2019|
|Last date for Submission of application form||6th January 2020 (Extended)|
|Last date of the successful transaction of fee||7th January 2020|
|Application form correction starts||15th January 2020|
|Last date for correction in the application form||31st January 2020|
|NEET (UG) Admit Card||27th March 2020|
|NEET 2020 Exam Date||3rd May 2020|
|Answer key||2nd week of May 2020|
|Result announcement||4th June 2020|
|Counseling date||2nd week of June 2020|
Get Complete NEET 2020 Dates and Schedules
NEET 2020 Application Form Correction
- Candidates can do NEET Application Form Correction from 15th to 31st January 2020.
- The correction process can be done through online mode only.
- Candidates are notified through SMS/e-mail regarding correction in photograph or signature.
- Candidates are also able to correct in particular fields like – Date of Birth (D.O.B), Identification, Gender, State Code, Category, Exam Medium, Exam Center, Disability Status, Exam Qualification or Percentage, Parents’ Name, etc.
Get Complete Guide to NEET 2020 Application Form Correction
NEET 2020 Application Form
Candidates can check the following details regarding NEET 2020 Application Form:
- Candidates can fill the NEET 2020 Application Form through online mode.
- You can fill one application form only. Filling of more than one application form will lead to the cancellation of forms.
- The application form of NEET 2020 has been released from 2nd December 2019 by NTA.
- The last date to fill the application form will be till 6th January 2020.
- Candidates must provide a working phone number and email Id at the time of registration to get login credentials.
- Candidates must submit recent photographs, signature, left-hand thumb impression & class 10th passing certificate in the prescribed format to avoid rejection of images later.
- There is no need to send the printout of the application form to the board.
Get UGC NET 2020 Application Fee
NEET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check the following NEET Eligibility Criteria before registering for the exam:
- Nationality: Indian Nationals, Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), Persons with Indian Origin (PIO) and Foreign Nationals citizens are eligible to apply for NEET (UG).
- India Citizens & Overseas Citizens of India intending to pursue UG medical courses from foreign institutions also need to qualify NEET UG.
- Eligibility for 15% All India Quota Seats: Candidates belonging to UT of J&K and Ladakh are eligible to apply under 15% All India Quotas only based on self-declaration. If they claim eligibility, they must submit an online Self- Declaration which will be generated and printed automatically along with confirmation page for record and to present the same during counseling/admission. Other candidates can fill in any state/UT against this choice.
- Age limit: Candidates must have completed a minimum of 17 years of age on or before 31st December 2020. The upper age limit is 25 years as on the date of examination (5-year relaxation is given to SC, ST, OBC-NCL & PwD candidates).
- Candidates above 25 years are provisionally permitted to appear and their candidature is subject to the outcome of pending Petitions before the Hon’ble Supreme Court.
- Qualification: Candidates must have completed the 12th level or equivalent examination.
- Mandatory Subjects: Students in their 12th level must have Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology with English as a mandatory subject.
- Percentage: Candidates in the 12th level must have secured minimum 50% marks for General & General-EWS categories; 45% marks for PH & 40% marks for SC/ST/OBC category candidates in PCB group.
- Appearing: Candidates are appearing in their qualifying exam or waiting for their results are also eligible for NEET (UG).
NEET 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates must check below NEET Exam Pattern before starting the exam preparation:
- Exam Mode: NEET 2020 exam will be conducted through offline (pen-paper based) mode.
- Questions Type: Question paper will contain objective type of questions.
- Medium: The question paper will be available in English, Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Bengali, Oriya, Assamese, Telugu, Tamil, Urdu and Kannada Languages.
- No questions: There will be a total of 180 questions in the paper.
- Total Marks: The paper will be a total of 720 marks.
- Duration: The NEET exam duration is 3 hours.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer will award 4 marks.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
Get NEET 2020 Marking Scheme for Each Subject
NEET 2020 Syllabus
NEET Syllabus for UG courses is a common syllabus prescribed by MCI (Medical Council of India). Candidates can prepare from the syllabus of Class 11th& 12th topics studied in each subject. Check the detailed syllabus of NEET-UG 2020 online.
NEET (UG) contains topics from Physics, Chemistry & Biology subjects. Some of the topics from each subject will be as:
Physics: It contains Laws of Motion, Electrostatic, Electromagnetic Waves, Electronic Devices, Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory, Properties of Bulk Matter, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation, etc.
Chemistry: Topics are some basic concept of chemistry, Equilibrium, Hydrogen, Electro Chemistry, Surface Chemistry, Electrochemistry, Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers, p-Block Elements, etc.
Biology: Some basic topics are Human Physiology, Plant Physiology, Reproduction, Ecology & Environment, Cell Structure and Function, Diversity in Living World, Biology and Human Welfare, etc.
Get PDF for all Subject for NEET 2020 Syllabus
NEET 2020 Preparation Tips
Go through various NEET preparation tips given below to enhance your exam preparation and qualify the test:
- Candidate must make a study time table & follow that timetable strictly.
- Candidate must check NEET 2020 syllabus & exam pattern before starting the exam preparation.
- Practice from previous year question paper and sample papers.
- Take care of your health while preparing for the exams.
- Focus on weaker topics first and keep practicing.
- Practice online mock tests.
Get NEET 2020 Books
NEET 2020 Admit Card
NTA will provide NEET 2020 Admit Card by 27th March 2020. NEET Admit card will be made available through online mode. The board will also send admit card (copy) in PDF format to candidates registered email ID. Candidates will have to also fix their passport size photograph on the admit card.
A candidate who will not bring the admit card to the examination hall under any circumstance will not be permitted to give an exam. An invigilator will check the admit card of each candidate for identification. Along with with admit card, candidates also have to bring passport size photograph, ID card and PWD category certificate (if any).
NEET 2020 Answer Key
NEET 2020 Answer Key will be released in the second week of May 2020. Through the NEET answer key, candidates will be able to check their answers & can predict their marks of entrance test. Candidates will have to login through their user ID & password to check the answer key.
The authority will also allow the candidate to make an online challenge against the answer key. Candidates will have to pay a fee per answer to challenge the answer key.
Download PDF NEET 2020 Answer Key
NEET 2020 Cut-Off
Candidates will have to score more than the NEET 2020 Cut-Off marks to qualify the examination. The NEET Cut-off will depend upon various factors like no. of candidates appearing in the exam, the difficulty level of the exam, students’ performance, etc.
Looking back at previous trends, the minimum cut-off percentile to qualify the exam is 50% for general category & 45% for PH category and 40% for other reserved categories. After releasing the cut-off, the authority will also release a cut-off under 15% of All India Quota seats for different categories.
NEET 2020 Result
Students who will appear in the exam will be able to check the NEET 2020 Result through online mode. The NEET Result will be declared on 4th June 2020. No candidate will receive the result through offline mode.
Candidates have to log in with their details by entering their roll number & Date of Birth(D.O.B) to check their results. Candidates are advised to take the print out of their results for further use. No category wise result sheet will be prepared.
Get NEET 2020 Result
NEET 2020 Merit List
NEET 2020 Merit list will be released by NTA through online mode. The merit list of the successful & eligible candidates who will opt. for 15% of All India Quota seats will be based on marks obtained in the NEET (UG) 2020. Admission to MBBS/BDS within the respective category will be based on All India Rank (AIR) as per the merit list.
Also, there will be tie-breaking criteria for candidates who will score equal or same marks. As per the rules of tie-breaking criteria, preference will be given in the below order:
- Candidates who will score the highest marks in Biology (Zoology or Botany).
- Scores the highest marks in Chemistry.
- Attempts less number of incorrect answers in all the subjects.
- If even after applying all the above rules, the tie remains then students who will be older will be considered.
NEET 2020 Reservation Policy
NEET 2020 Reservation of seats under 15% All India Quota is discussed below:
NEET 2020 Counselling
NEET 2020 Counselling will be held through online mode. The counseling will start by the second week of June 2020. Candidates will have to attend the counseling process which will be conducted by Medical Counselling Committee (MCC).
The state counseling authorities will organize state-level counseling separately.
The authority will also release seats other than 15% All India Quota. In this case, the counseling authority will draw the merit list of the candidate in the respective category.
Students are required to register first for counseling and then fill their choice of preferences. After that, seats will be allotted to the candidates as per the reservation policy, availability of seats, etc.
I’m sure this article was helpful. If you have any questions related to NEET 2020 Updates, you can ask us by leaving your comment below. Also, do well to share this link with all your friends and on all of your social media platforms. This is to enable them easy access to this information.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Tags: best books for neet 2020, download neet admit card 2020, How to fill ugc net 2020 application form, neet 2020, neet 2020 admit card release date, neet 2020 answer key aakash, neet 2020 answer key pg, neet 2020 application form, neet 2020 application form correction, neet 2020 application form date, neet 2020 apply online, neet 2020 counseling, neet 2020 cut off, neet 2020 cut off for government colleges, neet 2020 cut off marks for government colleges, neet 2020 exam dates, neet 2020 exam pattern, neet 2020 exam schedule, neet 2020 form, neet 2020 marking scheme, neet 2020 merit list, neet 2020 registration, neet 2020 registration form, neet 2020 result, neet 2020 subjects, neet 2020 syllabus by nta pdf download, neet 2020 syllabus pdf, neet 2020 syllabus pdf download, neet admit card 2020 download link, neet admit card 20202 download, neet admit card download, neet answer key 2020, neet answer key 2020 by nta, neet answer key official 2020, neet counseling, neet cut off 2020 for mbbs, neet cut off 2020 for mbbs in Maharashtra, neet cut off mark 2020, neet pg 2019 key answer, neet pg 2020 answer key pdf download, neet pg 2020 answers, neet pg admit card 2020, neet question paper 2018 pdf, neet sample paper 2020