HEC Indigenous Scholarship 2020/2021 Pakistani Students Portal
HEC Indigenous Scholarship 2020/2021: Are you in seeking HEC Indigenous Scholarship and you don’t know how to go about it? Not to worry because I’ve got your back. I will enlighten you about HEC Indigenous Scholarship, what it takes to be recognized as well as how to apply for this scholarship.
But first, here is a highlight of what you are about reading
- Introducing the HEC Indigenous Scholarship
- Eligibility Criteria
- How to Apply for an HEC Indigenous Scholarship
- Benefits of the HEC Indigenous Scholarship
- Terms and Conditions
- How to register when you already have a common profile at HEC E-Portal
- Application Deadline for HEC indigenous scholarships 2020
Introducing the HEC Indigenous Scholarship 2020/2021
HEC Indigenous Scholarship is a scholarship scheme established by the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan to provide scholarships for the citizens of Pakistan to pursue higher education. The scholarships are available for MS with a thesis, MS leading to Ph.D., and Ph.D. fellowships.
Its objective is to create a critical mass of highly qualified human resources in all fields of studies taught at the advanced level in local universities. These locally qualified academics and researchers will improve the R&D potential of public as well as private universities and it will also strengthen the local industrial sector.
With the launching of the 5000 HEC Indigenous Scholarship Scheme, research culture in public and private sector universities has been developed under international norms/standards.
This project is focused on diversified disciplines belonging to all fields of Science and Technology as well as Social Sciences, Humanities and Life Sciences.
To enhance the research facilities in these fields, the Higher Education Commission has funded many departments and universities to establish research labs. This has brought tremendous change in the research culture of Pakistani universities.
HEC has kept a great emphasis on indigenous scholarship schemes because locally rained researchers work on local problems of great national significance. Their research, therefore, is expected to have direct relevance to the growth and socio-economic development of Pakistan.
Also, this scheme provides funds to the universities for upgrading their research facilities particularly small laboratory equipment, chemicals, IT equipment, etc. which not only facilitates research of the HEC scholar but also serves as an asset for the department to establish up to date research laboratories.
The HEC Indigenous Scholarship Scheme has a list of eligibility criteria for applicants wishing to apply for the scholarship. Applicants must meet the following requirements::
- Pakistani / AJK National
- For MS / MPhil, the applicants must have a minimum of 16 years of education with no third division or Grade D in the degree/certificate in the entire academic career.
- Those applying for direct Ph.D. scholarships must have a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 3.0 (out of 4.0 in the semester system) or first division (in the annual system) in MS / MPhil or equivalent degree. It is required along with the previously mentioned condition on the second point.
- Maximum age at the closing date of application:
- 40 years for full-time regular faculty members of public sector university / DAIs and regular employee of the public sector / R&D organizations
- 35 years for all other applicants
- Applicants who are already availing of any other HEC or government scholarship are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply for an HEC Indigenous Scholarship 2020
The time needed: 45 minutes.
To successfully apply for the 5000 HEC Indigenous scholarship for Pakistani students, follow the step by step procedure below.
The HEC scholarship application is done online, visit http://eportal.hec.gov.pk#sthash.PdMfVJJ8.dpuf. ‘Log in’ for old Candidates. Fill the available details regarding the webpage and make Shared Profile.
Create an Account
Click ‘Register’ for new candidates. To register, you’ll generate an individual ID with your CNIC (without any dashes) like the User ID and select the password. Create an account and fill the essential information you find on the monitor.
Click on and download the ‘Mobile Code’ on your mobile no. for further procedure. (Currently, MNC / / Ported amounts Are not supported).
After getting the code sent to your cellphone input the code. Perform code confirmation and click submit. You’re going to be enrolled successfully. Please check your email for additional info.
Complete Online Profile
After creating your account, you’ll be asked to established ‘User ID’ &’Password’ and then ‘register’ on HEC E-portal. Once you’ve been logged-in successfully, Complete the online profile section in http://eportal.hec.gov.pk Follow with instructions, fill and submit the form.
Benefits of the HEC Indigenous Scholarship 2020
Successful applicants of the HEC Indigenous Scholarship will receive the following financial support:
- Scholar’s Stipend:
- 10,000 per month in MS / MPhil
- 13,000 per month in PhD
- Support to university for tuition fees, reference books, back volumes, chemical abstracts, stationery, software, internet, etc.: Rs. 75,000 per year
- Support to university for laboratory/workshop equipment, material, consumables, and supplies, etc.: Rs. 75,000 per year
- Book allowance for a scholar: Rs. 5,000 per year – only in Ph.D. Sciences subjects
- Thesis evaluation form abroad charges completion: Rs. 18,000 – one-time award during the award period
- Thesis charges to a scholar in his / her last year of study: Rs. 5,000 – one-time award at the time of completion of his / her study
- Honorarium for Supervisor:
- On approval of Ph.D. Synopsis from Board of Advancement Studies and Research: Rs. 50,000 – one-time payment
- On publication with co-authorship of HEC supervisee in ISI Journal at Rs. 30,000 – to be paid to the supervisor once in a year for three years (maximum Rs. 70,000), OR on publication with co-authorship of HEC supervisor in HEC approved Journal at Rs. 15,000 – paid twice every year for three years.
- On completion of Ph.D. Thesis writing and sending for evaluation abroad: Rs. 50,000 – one-time payment
- On successful evaluation from Foreign Reviewers: Rs. 20,000 – one-time payment
- On PhD Completion / degree notification: Rs. 50,000 – one-time payment
- Scholar’s Benefits:
- Stipend to scholars for first and second years during MS period: Rs. 12,000 per month with Rs. 1,000 increments per year.
- Stipend to scholars for the last three years during the Ph.D. period: Rs. 18,000 per month with Rs. 1,500 increments per year.
- Book allowance: Rs. 5,000 per year
- Thesis charges: Rs. 10,000 – one-time award after study
- Laptop for scholars: Rs. 60,000 – one-time award
- Support to University:
- Tuition fee, reference books, back volumes, chemical abstracts, stationery, software, internet, etc.: Rs. 100,000 per year
- Support to the university during Ph.D. duration (3 years) for lab/workshop equipment, consumables, and supplies, etc.: Rs. 60,000 per year
- Thesis evaluation charges to university from abroad on completion: Rs. 20,000 – one-time payment
- Grant/research incentives to supervisor (BASR approval, Ph.D. completion, thesis submission, etc.): maximum of Rs. 150,000
Terms and Conditions
The following points are the terms and conditions for the HEC Indigenous Scholarship 2020 Scheme. Furthermore, the acceptance of the scholarship is an acknowledgment of these obligations:
An awardee cannot change the course of study specified by the awardee on the application form or in the letter of scholarship without obtaining prior approval of the Higher Education Commission.
In case, NOC for the job is required, HEC will continue the scholarship award. Only scholar stipend and book allowance will be put on freeze. This condition is applicable only for those scholars whose scholarship period has been more than 2 years, Ph.D. coursework completed, Ph.D. comprehensive passed or Ph.D. synopsis approved from BASAR, subject to the approval of HEC authority.
- An awardee is not to hold any other scholarship/stipend during the scholarship period of his or her study.
- Fresh awardees must take get admission to the department/universities mentioned in the list of HEC recognized universities / DAIs.
- Already enrolled scholars in the Ph.D. program must be a full-time Ph.D. student in a department/institute that has a minimum of 3 Ph.D. faculty members out f which at least 2 are HEC Approved Supervisors.
- The enrolled Ph.D. scholar must be under the supervision of HEC Approved Supervisor and the number of Ph.D. students enrolled with that supervisor is below the maximum as specified by the HEC.
- The number of Ph.D. scholars must not be more than 5 under the supervision of one HEC Approved Supervisor.
- Change of university/institute at any stage of study is not allowed but due to unavoidable circumstances will only be admissible only with prior approval of the Higher Education Commission.
- It is the sole responsibility of the awardee to check the status of the program/discipline in which he or she is going to be enrolled in MS / Ph.D. that it is approved by HEC and the respective department has obtained necessary NOC from HEC Quality Assurance Department as well as the respective council (such as PEC, PMDC, business council, etc.) recognizes/registers the mentioned degree of the relevant university/institute. Indigenous Scholarship Phase-II section will take no responsibility in this respect what so ever maybe.
- An awardee is required to obtain study leave from his or her employer to join the institution of his or her study on a full-time basis.
- An awardee has to execute a bond with the HEC / Government of Pakistan to serve in the country for 5 years after the completion of his or her study, preferably at an institution of higher education.
- An awardee shall sign an agreement with the HEC on non-judicial paper (stamp paper) to the effect that in case the awardee fails to complete the study, he or she will refund HEC the total amount provided on his or her studies by the HEC.
- A personal guarantee of a person of means on non-judicial (stamp) paper to the effect of ensuring the recovery in case of default would need to be furnished.
- HEC will monitor the academic progress/performance of every awardee every quarter and the financial utilization every 6 months.
How to register when you already have a common profile at HEC E-Portal
In the situation where you already have an established user ID in http://eportal.hec.gov.pk? , Then click & Access User ID and password ‘Register in’ and move for the scholarship by clicking ‘scholarships’ on left ‘Navigation’ and native Ph.D. Fellowship Program. Follow with instructions, fill and submit the form.
Start your application here; visit the HEC E-Portal by tapping the button below.
Meanwhile, if you have any queries after following the application instruction, please send an email to [email protected] only.
Application Deadline for HEC indigenous scholarships 2020
The HEC has concluded accepting applications for the Batch V of the 5000 HEC Indigenous scholarships at this time.
However, in the way of updates, Batch-V candidates whose cases are under Process would be issued award letters and funds in August/September 2020 upon receiving of funds from GOP, provided they meet all requirements for the award of Scholarship.
Q: What is HEC?
Ans.: Higher Education Commission
Q: Who is the Sponsor of the HEC Indigenous Scholarship?
Ans.: The Hec scholarship 2019 for Pakistan Ms, MPhil, and undergraduate students is sponsored and supported by Pakistan institutions.
Q: Which country is eligible?
Ans.: The HEC scholarship 2020 is open to indigenous students and researchers in Pakistan.
Stay connected with the HEC scholarship 2020. Stay connected with us for the latest updates regarding HEC Indigenous Scholarship 2020/2021 & other scholarships. Ask your questions using the comment box. Share this article with your needy friends.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Tags: Benefits of the HEC Indigenous Scholarship, Benefits of the HEC Indigenous Scholarship 2020, HEC Indigenous Scholarship, HEC Indigenous Scholarship 2020, HEC Indigenous Scholarship 2020/2021, HEC Indigenous Scholarship 2020/2021 Pakistani Students Portal, How to Apply for an HEC Indigenous Scholarship, How to Apply for an HEC Indigenous Scholarship 2020, How to register when you already have a common profile at HEC, What is HEC?, Who is the Sponsor of the HEC Indigenous Scholarship?