Apply Now for Nigerian Breweries Plc/African Artists’ Foundation (AAF) 9th National Art Competition 2016
Apply Now for Nigerian Breweries Plc/African Artists’ Foundation (AAF) 9th National Art Competition 2016. Nigerian Breweries Plc. and African Artists’ Foundation (AAF) are pleased to announce the Call for Entries for the ninth edition of the National Art Competition, entitled Shifting Boundaries.
This year’s theme Shifting Boundaries is an exploration of the porous, situational, and ever changing concept of the boundary through artworks that will discuss and embody what a boundary was, is, and will become in the 21st century. While we most often associate boundaries with geographical bodies and land masses, the term is applicable to many other areas as we begin to think about personal boundaries, symbolic boundaries, boundaries of time and space. The Internet has also redefined and further democratised our ideas of what constitutes a boundary. Just as well as a boundary keeps things, people, and lands separated it also keeps these bodies together – creating unity and community in some situations and havoc and chaos in others.
Application are invited for:
9th Edition of the National Art Competition 2016.
- Interested participants are to propose in writing accompanied with a sketch, a short plan of their interpretation and creative approach to the theme. This year’s competition is open to all mediums.
- Applicants will be selected based on their written proposals (50%) and the submitted sketch (50%)
- We stress that Proposals only will be accepted.
- Completed or existing art works will not be accepted and will disqualify you from the selection process.
- Based on the submitted proposals, 12 finalists will be shortlisted and invited to partake in a retreat at an exclusive location which will result in the creation of works to be exhibited at the NAC Grande Finale/Exhibition.
- Professor El Anatsui will head the artistic selection committee that will determine the winners this year.
- N2,000,000 + A solo show at AAF
Winner Outstanding Concept:
Winner Outstanding Production:
How to ApplyInterested and qualified applicant should submit their entries as a maximum 3 page PDF document (see instructions on how to submit below) along with your:
- Name – Title First name, Middle name and Surname
- Date of Birth
- Present Location
- Email Address
- Telephone number
- Educational background
- Present occupation
- How did you learn about the 2016 National Art Competition?
How to Submit
Each proposal should contain 3 pages ONLY with the following information:
- Max one page pdf document with your education/exhibition history (if any) and a short bio including your name, title first name, middle name and surname, date of birth, present location, email address, telephone number, present occupation, how did you learn about the 2016 National Art Competition?
- Max one page pdf document including a written proposal of how you plan to execute the theme Interventions. Kindly include details about your chosen method and medium.
- Max one page (A4) sketch (mandatory) illustrating your concept. You may scan it or turn in the hard copy at AAF HQ, 3B Isiola Oyekan, Off Adeleke Adedoyin, Victoria Island, Lagos.
The PDF files should be titled as follows: [Participant’s LAST NAME] _ [Participant’s FIRST NAME]_document title. pdf
All applications should be send to: [email protected]
25th September, 2016.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.