Edinburgh Global Research Scholarship 2020/2021 Student Portal Update.
Edinburgh Global Research Scholarship 2020: Applications are currently invited from suitably qualified candidates for Edinburgh Global Research Scholarship 2020/2021 for International Students. See Details Below;
The Edinburgh Global Research Scholarship awards are designed to attract high quality overseas research students to study at the University of Edinburgh.
Edinburgh Global Research Scholarship Award
- 30 Edinburgh Global Research Scholarships will be awarded for session 2020-2021.
- Each scholarship will cover the difference between the tuition fee for a UK/EU postgraduate student and that chargeable to an overseas postgraduate student. The awards do not cover maintenance expenses.
- Subject to satisfactory progress, the awards are tenable for up to three years.
- The awards are open to overseas nationals commencing a PhD in any field of study in 2020-2021.
- Applicants must be liable to pay tuition fees at the rate applicable to overseas students and must have been offered admission to a full-time PhD research programme of study.
- Applicants must be of outstanding academic merit and research potential.
- Although candidates with an upper second class honours Bachelor’s degree (or the overseas equivalent) can be considered, in order to be competitive you should really have a first class Bachelor’s degree supplemented by an excellent Master’s degree.
- Other factors such as financial status, nationality and the proposed field of study are not taken into account.
- The University of Edinburgh will not generally consider candidates who have already obtained a PhD, or formal equivalent, as a result of direct research training.
- Students already on a Ph.D. programme cannot be considered for these awards.
- Please also note that if you have applied for consecutive registration where you will start your Masters programme of study in 2020 and your PhD the following year in 2021, that you will not be eligible to apply for an award in 2020.
- Edinburgh Global Research Scholarships cannot be held concurrently with fully-funded scholarships such as a Commonwealth Scholarship, or a Marshall Scholarship.
How to Apply for Edinburgh Global Research Scholarship
The scholarship deadline is 23:59 GMT 17th February 2020.
In order to gain access to the scholarship application system applicants must have applied for admission to the University of Edinburgh. Please note that, following the submission of an application for admission, it can take up to five working days for all system checks to be completed and for access to be granted.
The online scholarship application form is located in EUCLID and can be accessed via MyEd our web-based information portal at https://www.myed.ed.ac.uk
When logging in to MyEd, you will need your University User Name and password. If you require assistance, please go to http://www.ed.ac.uk/student-systems/support-guidance
It is anticipated that all applicants will be notified of the outcome by the end of April 2020.
For more details on this award please contact Scholarships and Student Funding Services:
What’s your take on this article? Believe it’s helpful? If yes don’t hesitate sharing this with your friends via Facebook, Eskimi, twitter, Tumblr, Wechat, Whatsapp, Google+ and other social media platform.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Tags: Bristol University International Office Scholarships, Denys Holland Scholarship at University College London, Edinburgh University Scholarships and Student Funding Website, Global Scholarship, Principal's Career Development Phd Scholarships Edinburgh, University of Edinburgh International Graduate Students, University of Edinburgh Scholarships 2020, University of West London International Ambassador Scholarships