Goethe University’s Master Scholarship Programme 2017/2018 | Application Guidelines and Requirements
Goethe University’s Master Scholarship Programme 2017/2018 | Application Guidelines and Requirements.
Goethe University’s Master scholarship programme is a groundbreaking project, and unique in the academic landscape of Germany. For a period of five years (2016-2020) , GU will be offering 20 scholarships per year for various MSc and MA courses with a special emphasis on research. If your primary motivation is research, come and join our highly international research community!
The purpose of the scholarship is to foster your academic career, to enable you to become involved in existing research projects and to actively support you during your Master’s degree studies. A Master’s degree is the prerequisite for starting a PhD in one of Goethe University’s seminal research units.
- You are well versed in your academic discipline and particularly interested in research?
- You hold or are on track for an excellent or above-average Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) from a university outside Germany?
- You are looking for an interesting Master’s programme and are considering a PhD in the long run?
- You want a platform to exchange ideas with other international researchers about the topics you are passionate about?
- You are seeking hands-on experience in research under the supervision of excellent professors in a renowned university with state-of-the art facilities?
- You need a stepping stone to start a successful, international career and funding for your Master’s programme?
Goethe University will provide you, as a scholarship holder, with:
- A monthly stipend of 1,000 € for the standard period of study in a Master programme at Goethe-University (generally 2 years)
- Excellent academic supervision by professors and academic staff who work in most cases in the university’s most distinguished research units
- The option to write your Master’s thesis and other seminar papers or do an internship in their respective research unit
- Support and orientation by an experienced Master’s student buddy during your studies
- Access to seminars focusing on professional skills at our Graduate Academy GRADE, normally open only to PhD students and postdocs
- Innovative research environment and networks to fellow scholarship holders and other advanced researchers
- Career support through Goethe University’s Research Support Office
- Insight and involvement in the activities of multidisciplinary research groups at Goethe University
To apply for the scholarship programme you will need:
- A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) at least two-thirds of which have been completed at a university outside Germany plus a transcript of records
- Two letters of recommendationfrom professors or other academic staff (signed by hand and officially sealed), stating your excellent or above-average performance (among the top 10% of graduates from your previous degree programme)
- A letter of motivationoutlining a study plan and demonstrating your academic ability as well as your principle research interest
- Proof of proficiency in German and/or English (depending on the language of instruction of the Master’s course)
- A comprehensive CV in tabular form
- To be admitted to one of the selected Master programme(the selection process for both the Master’s programme and the scholarship takes place at the same time)
- To identify one of the research units which the Master programme of your choice is related to. The respective research unit should match your research interest and be a potential workplace for you in the future (you have to select a single research unit) see: “Master Programmes” or “Research Units” for details on the research units).
- You can apply for up to three degree programmes. However, you are only allowed to apply for one relevant research unit in connection with your scholarship application
- After you have completed the first half of the study period, you will have to submit a transcript of records proving your successful performance, in order to receive further funding (for Sinology and History after six months and for the remaining degree programmes after one year)
For More Information:
Click Here to visit the Official Webpage of the Goethe University’s Master scholarship programme.
We cherish your opinion and we look forward to it. Hence, if you need us to feed you with more updated information at the right time about the Goethe University’s Master Scholarship Programme 2017/2018, kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Most Recommended Links
Tags: Application Guidelines Application Requirements, frankfurt university germany, frankfurt university masters programs, frankfurt university of applied sciences, Goethe University, goethe university frankfurt international students, goethe university frankfurt notable alumni, goethe university frankfurt ranking, goethe university tuition fees, Goethe University’s Master Scholarship Programme 2017/2018, Goethe University’s Master Scholarship Programme 2017/2018 | Application Guidelines and Requirements, Goethe University’s Master Scholarship Programme Application Guidelines, How to Apply for Goethe University’s Master Scholarship Programme 2017/2018, universities in frankfurt for international students