K.U. Leuven University Full PhD Scholarships 2018/2019.
K.U. Leuven University Full PhD Scholarships….. K.U. Leuven University is delighted to invite applicants from developing countries to apply for the Full PhD Scholarships at the university, Applicants should note that all applications must be submitted before the stated deadline and only eligible persons will be considered for this program.
The programme is organized and managed by IRO, the University’s Interfaculty Council for Development Cooperation. This programme is intended for the student to do his or her whole research at KU Leuven; therefore, any other type of agreement (e.g. Sandwich programmes, etc) are not envisioned.
Eligible Fields of Study
Doctoral or pre-doctoral programmes in the Schools of Humanities and Social Sciences, Science, Engineering and Technology, or Biomedical Sciences. The research topics proposed by the KU Leuven Doctoral Schools can be found on their respective websites.
To be taken at (country): Katholieke Universiteit in Flanders, Belgium
Value of Scholarship
Tuition fee, Health and Life Insurances, partner and child allowances, monthly stipend, travel.
- The applicant must be a citizen of one of the countries on the OCDE DAC table that are considered as: Least Developed Countries, Low Income Countries or Low Middle Income Countries.
- The applicant may not possess a citizenship from an EU country. The applicant may not posses a long-term EU residence permit.
- The candidate’s latest master’s degree must have been awarded no more than ten years prior to 1 October 2017 (including the ongoing calendar year).
- The candidate must hold an academic qualification at least equivalent to a high distinction. Degrees obtained with a final score equivalent to second class second/lower division will not be taken into consideration.
- The research project must have excellent academic quality, with a special focus on the development relevance of the proposal.
- The vacancies that are published on the KU Leuven website are already funded and thus, cannot participate for this scholarship.
- The candidate must demonstrate a development-oriented motivation.
- The candidate must be supported by a KU Leuven promoter.
- The candidate must be supported by a local co-promoter at the candidate’s home country to ensure embeddedness of the research within the country’s context.
- The candidate must be supported by excellent recommendations from relevant referees.
- The candidate must follow the application procedure and complete his file before 13 November 2017.
How to Apply
The candidate must follow the application procedure and complete his file before November 13th 2017. Please make sure to fill up the application form with the following instructions:
- First name and last name EXACTLY as written on the passport.
- Status: Doctoral Programme (diploma contract) or Predoctoral programme.
- Academic year: If you apply between September and October 2017, you must select 2017-2018; we will change this manually once the call for applications for 2018-2019 opens. Starting from November 2017, you must select 2018-2019.
- Is this application also intended as a scholarship application? Yes.
- Name of the scholarship agency: IRO Doctoral Scholarship
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
13th November 2017 for the program beginning 1st October 2018
If you need us to help you with more updated information at the right time about K.U. Leuven University Full PhD Scholarships 2018/2019, kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below. Also, feel free to ask any question any time.
We believe this article was interesting, if yes, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, twitter or Google+
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Tags: 2018/2019 K.U. Leuven University Full PhD Scholarships, How to Apply for K.U. Leuven University Full PhD Scholarships, K.U. Leuven University, K.U. Leuven University Full PhD Scholarships, K.U. Leuven University Full PhD Scholarships Application Guide, K.U. Leuven University Full PhD Scholarships Application Portal, K.U. Leuven University Full PhD Scholarships Application Requirements, K.U. Leuven University Full PhD Scholarships Official Webpage