How to Apply for Microsoft PhD Scholarship Programme 2020 in EMEA | Application Guidelines
Microsoft PhD Scholarship Programme: Application are currently invited from suitably qualify candidate for Microsoft PhD Scholarship Programme in Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) 2020.
The deadline for submission of Applications for Microsoft PhD Scholarship Programme 2020 in EMEA is indicated below. See details;
Microsoft scholarships consist of an annual bursary up to a maximum of three years for PhD supervisors and students to do collaborative research projects with Microsoft Research Cambridge.
Each year, PhD supervisors from academic institutions in EMEA are invited to submit their proposals for collaborative research projects with Microsoft Research Cambridge. Applications are then peer reviewed and a number of projects selected for funding. PhD students are appointed to the selected projects and begin their research in the following academic year under the supervision of their academic supervisor, with co-supervision from a researcher at Microsoft Research Cambridge.
The Microsoft Research PhD Scholarship Programme in EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) was launched in 2004 and has so far supported more than 200 PhD students from more than 18 countries and 51 institutions. Some of the Scholars may also be offered—at the sole discretion of Microsoft Research—an internship in one of the Microsoft Research laboratories. Internships involve working on a project alongside and as part of a team of Microsoft researchers. Scholars are paid during their internship—in addition to their scholarship bursary.
Microsoft PhD Scholarship Programme Funding.
Each Microsoft scholarship consists of an annual bursary up to a maximum of three years or a maximum of four years for an EPSRC CASE award. The monetary value of the award varies by country to reflect local differences in costs and overheads. Payment is made directly to the institution. The amount of the scholarship is the maximum amount Microsoft Research pays to the institution. In addition, every Scholar receives a fixed hardware allowance and conference allowance.
- By applying, the PI and university or research institute is willing to accept the PhD Term Sheet as the basis for the scholarship.
- Microsoft has a pool of CASE awards that may apply. In these circumstances, EPSRC Term Sheet will apply.
Microsoft PhD Scholarship Programme Eligibility.
- Applications must not be made by students but by PhD supervisors, who must have been nominated by Microsoft Research prior to the submission deadline.
- Only applications from institutions in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa will be considered.
For an application to be considered, the following key requirements apply:
- The institute agrees to the terms and conditions in the PhD Term Sheet and EPSRC Term Sheet where appropriate and there will be no negotiation once the selections have been made and communicated.
- Applicants must be nominated by a Microsoft supervisor to be eligible to submit an application.
- The proposed research must be closely related to our research themes at Microsoft Research in Cambridge:
- All Data AI
- Cloud Infrastructure
- Confidential Computing
- Future of Work
- Game Intelligence
- Healthcare Intelligence
- Biological Computation
Microsoft actively seeks to foster greater levels of diversity in their workforce and in their pipeline of future researchers. They are always looking for the best and brightest talent and pride themselves on their individuality.
Microsoft PhD Scholarship Programme Benefits.
- Microsoft scholarships consist of an annual bursary up to a maximum of three years for PhD supervisors and students to do collaborative research projects with Microsoft Research Cambridge.
- The monetary value of the award varies by country to reflect local differences in costs and overheads. Payment is made directly to the institution. The amount of the scholarship is the maximum amount Microsoft Research pays to the institution. In addition, every Scholar receives a fixed hardware allowance and conference allowance.
Microsoft PhD Scholarship Programme Selection Criteria.
The research project proposal should address the following points:
- Evidence that the research supervisor would be suitable to supervise a PhD student for the proposed research project. This may include a short list of the supervisor’s recent and relevant publications. Please consider including the URLs of the publications to make it easier for reviewers to find them.
- How research relates to the Microsoft Research Cambridge lab’s current research themes.
- Evidence that the department or laboratory offers a suitable environment for research in the proposed area.
- Basis for the research (motivations and brief state-of-the-art, including key references).
- Hypothesis under investigation and main aims.
- Research strategy with significant milestones if identified.
- Methods of research (for example, main techniques, experiments, and trials).
- Details of any collaboration with other departments/research bodies.
- Expected outcomes (for example, software tools).
- Description of the department that you work in (e.g. number of faculty and PhD students in the department).
Microsoft PhD Scholarship Programme Key Dates.
For 2020 Applications
- Nominations from Microsoft Researchers Open August 30, 2019 and close September 21, 2019 17:00 GMT
- Faculty nominees receive a request to submit their proposal September 24, 2019
- Proposals accepted through November 5, 2019 17:00 GMT
- Recipients announced by January 31, 2020
Microsoft actively seeks to foster greater levels of diversity in our workforce and in our pipeline of future researchers. We are always looking for the best and brightest talent and celebrate individuality. We invite candidates to come as they are and do what they love.
How to Apply for Microsoft PhD Scholarship Programme.
Applications should contain the following:
- A completed online application form that includes contact details of the main supervisor together with a named secondary supervisor who will be willing to take the project on if the main named supervisor leaves.
- Funding requirements.
- A project proposal of maximum six (6) A4 pages in 10-point font, including references. Accepted formats: plain text (.txt), .pdf, or Microsoft Office Word (.doc or .docx) only.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Join Over 3,500 000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.