West Africa Civil Society Institute Next Generation Internship Programme 2018 and How to Apply.
West Africa Civil Society Institute Next Generation Internship Programme 2018… The West Africa Civil Society Institute (WACSI) is a regional non-governmental organisation dedicated to enhancing the capacities of civil society organisations in West Africa toward greater sustainability and operational and development effectiveness.
This is a predominantly self-funded internship. The institute will support interns with fully furnished accommodation and lunch during working days for the duration of the internship.
Responsibilities for Knowledge Management Intern.
- Conduct and support background research and analysis on topical issues.
- Contribute to and compile the weekly Civil Society Situation Report and the quarterly WACSeries publications.
- Compile and manage information for the Civil Society Knowledge Hub.
- Support editing and review of manuscripts for publication.
- Assist with the preparation and administration of relevant WACSI programmes and with report writing.
- Attend and represent WACSI at meetings with partner organisations.
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
Responsibilities for Capacity Development Intern.
- Collect relevant information to support training preparation;
- Contribute to and publicise the Institute’s programmes advertisements;
- Assist in the development of training materials and toolkits;
- Assist in the coordination of training programmes, including handling of logistics and report writing;
- Contribute to the design and development of concept notes, proposals and any other relevant document;
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
Responsibilities for Policy Influencing and Advocacy Intern.
- Conduct desktop research on policy and legislative issues
- Assist in gathering information and writing reports for policy meetings
- Assist in policy meetings and workshop preparation
- Assist in the development of policy advocacy training tool
- Support other administrative tasks
- Assist with data generation, analysis and management.
Cost and Benefits.
- Interested candidates will be required to cover their expenses. This will include, but not limited to, aspects related to (i) the cost of their travel to and from Ghana (where resident outside Ghana) (ii) daily subsistence in Ghana, and any other expenses related to the internship.
- WACSI will subsidise the cost by providing fully furnished accommodation and lunch during work periods for the duration of the internship.
- Minimum of a first degree in international affairs, political science, public policy, law, development studies or related fields.
- Interest in civil society and non-profit organization management.
- Commitment to WACSI’s vision and values and demonstrated interest in civil society.
- Strong research, writing and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and strong Internet research skills.
- Fully bilingual (French and English).
Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Works well under pressure with minimal supervision and in a multi-cultural environment.
- Proactive, willing to learn and take initiative.
- Works well as part of a team.
- Priority will be given to applicants with a high proficiency in English or French and a working knowledge of the other.
How to Apply.
Interested applicants should send the following documents in English and French to: The Head of Administration at [email protected] by Friday 25 May, 2018:
- Application letter.
- Comprehensive curriculum vitae
- Two references (one should be academic); and
- Letter of motivation expressing career goals and how the internship will contribute to achieving them.
- Applicants for the Knowledge Management internship must submit a writing sample (research paper, term paper, etc.) of no more than 3 pages
For more information, visit the Official Webpage
Application Deadline: May 25, 2018
If you need us to feed you with more updated information at the right time about West Africa Civil Society Institute Next Generation Internship Programme 2018, kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was interesting right, if yes, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, twitter or Google+
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Tags: 2018/2019 WACSI Next Generation Internship Programme, How to Apply for WACSI Next Generation Internship Programme, WACSI, West Africa Civil Society Institute, West Africa Civil Society Institute Next Generation Internship Programme