JAMB Recommends 1.6 Million Candidates for 2017/2018 Admission.
According to the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB, over 1.6 million candidates have been recommended for admission into various tertiary institutions in the country for the 2017/2018 academic session.
JAMB Recommends 1.6 Million Candidates
The Board’s Head of Media, Dr. Fabian Benjamin made the announcement on Friday, January 26 in Abuja.
Of the 1.6 million candidates offered admission, only 500,000 have accepted their admission as at the time of filling this report.
Benjamin however stated that candidates were to accept their admission before the admission is said to be complete.
He attributed the increase to the flexibility of the cut-off marks and also the availability of data through the JAMB CAPS (Central Admission Processing System) which was introduced last year.
“We have over 500,000 accepted admission already. By the time the 1.1 candidates accept, we are now looking at 1.6 admission. So until the 1.1 candidates accept, by the time they accept, with the 500,000 that have accepted, we will have about 1.6 million accepted,” he said.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was interesting right, if yes, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, twitter or Google+
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]ntschoolnews.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.