Action Against Hunger Recruitment for WASH Officer.
Action Against Hunger Job Vacancy for WASH Officer… Action Against Hunger is recruiting for WASH Officer. The ideal candidate must possess Degree in Engineering, Hydrology, Civil Engineering, and other related fields.
Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: WASH Officer
Location: Damasak, Borno
- The position is based in Damasak, Borno State and reports to the Sector Manager-WASH. The WASH Officer will directly supervise the implementation of the WASH project activities within the framework of the emergency response program.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assist the WASH Sector Manager in the selection, design and construction of water systems using ground or surface water, including abstraction, storage, treatment and distribution for new systems or rehabilitation of existing systems.
- Provide technical advice to the WASH Sector Manager to assess sanitation needs, design and implement the most appropriate form of sanitation system in consultation with male and female beneficiaries.
- Consider different maintenance mechanisms, ensuring that they are appropriate to the local context and cultural norms.
- Prepare a Written Work Instruction for use on-site to bring clarity to contractor’s roles and responsibilities in each stage of the execution of construction activities.
- Support the WASH Sector Manager in the development of technical guidelines and tools.
- Work closely with the WASH Sector Manager throughout the planning, design and implementation stages of the WASH technical activities. Hygiene promotion is a vital element in such infrastructure activities, especially in cholera responses
- Ensure effective communication and networking is developed and maintained through partnership and collaboration.
- Liaise with local government and sectoral stakeholders/counterparts to exchange information on WASH technical implementation status.
- Degree in Engineering, Hydrology, Civil Engineering, and other related fields.
- Have a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience.
- Have previous experience in supervising drilling and construction activities.
- Be professional, motivated, organized, flexible and culturally sensitive.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office and designing software Skills (AutoCAD, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word).
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Apply
- Advert may close before the due date once we receive application from qualified candidates.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: 12th July, 2018.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google +.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.