Apply Now For Federal University Birnin Kebbi Vacancies for Experienced Job Positions. The Federal University Birnin Kebbi, was established by the Federal Government of Nigeria in February, 2013. As the name denotes, it is located in Birnin Kebbi, Kebbi State, Nigeria.
The University hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the under-listed post in substantive capacity:
Job Title: Director of Physical Planning and Development
- The Director of Physical Planning and Development is responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the maintenance of University physical structures and physical development of the University.
- The Director must be a person of high integrity and sense of responsibility in both private and public life.
- He or She should be able to command the respect and loyalty of staff of the University.
- He or She should also be receptive to new ideas and innovations.
Candidate for this post shall:
- Possess a good honours degree not below second class Lower Division from a recognized University in any of the following areas Architecture, Building, Civil/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering and Quantity Surveying. Possession of Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- Have minimum of 14 years cognate experience, five of which must be in a recognized University.
- Have attained the rank of a Deputy Director (CONTISS 14) in a recognized University.
- Be registered and current member of relevant professional body Such as NIA, AEGON, COREN, QSRBN, CORBON, etc.;
- Be computer literate and proficient in relevant computer applications.
Job Title: University Librarian
- The University Librarian s one of the Principal Officers of the University.
- He or She is the head of the University Library.
- The University Librarian is responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the overall administration of the University Library.
Candidate for the post shall:
- Possess a good honours degree not below second class Lower Division in Library Science/ Library Information Science and a Ph.D degree in Library Science, Library Information Science, computer Science Education or Social Sciences from recognized University/Universities.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years experience in Library in an institution of higher learning at least five (5) of which must be in a University Library.
- Hold the rank of a Deputy University Librarian in the University.
- Be a registered member of the Library Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN);
- Have published papers in professionally refered journals;
- Be computer literate and proficient in relevant computer applications
Job Title: Bursar
- The Bursar is one of the Principal Officers of the University. He is the Chief Finance Officer of the University responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
- His duties among other things include coordinating the preparation of the University’s annual budget, proper control and administration of University finances as well headship of Bursary Department.
- Candidate for the post shall be able to command the respect and loyalty of members of staff of the University.
- He or She should be able to lead by example.
- He or She should also be a person of immense Integrity and honesty.
Candidate for this post shall:
- Possess a good honours degree in Accounting not below second class Lower Division from a recognized institution. Possession of higher degree(s) is an advantage
- Holders of HND in Accounting at minimum of Lower Credit Level who in addition possess Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Economics, Education Economics, Business Education Banking and Finance and Business Administration at minimum of second class Lower Division are also eligible to apply.
- Be a qualified member of at least one professional Accounting body such as ICAN, ACCA, ANAN etc
- Have a minimum of fourteen (14) years cognate experience in recognized University.
- Be a Deputy Bursar in a recognized University for a minimum duration of three (3) years:
- Be computer literate and proficient in relevant accounting packages
Note: People who are over sixty (60) years of age as at the date of this publication are not eligible to apply. Also, retired public servants who had put in pensionable years of service before their retirement/withdrawal of service, are riot eligible to apply.
Salary and Conditions of Service
The Salary and conditions of service for the post shall be as obtainable for the post of Director of Physical Planning and Development in Nigerian Federal Universities and as may be determined from time to time by the Federal Government of Nigeria and the Council of the University.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates submit twenty (20) copies of their applications and curriculum vitae including photocopies of all their credentials addressed to:
Federal University Birnin Kebbi,
Along Birnin Kebbi – Kalgo Road Birnin Kebbi,
The post being applied for shall be indicated on the top left corner of the envelopes. The curriculum vitae shall contain:
- Full Names (Surname first in capital letters)
- Place and Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Email and Telephone numbers
- Postal Address
- Permanent Home Address
- State of Origin and LGA
- Schools attended an qualifications obtained with dates
- Working experience including positions held with dates
- Proof of current membership of professional bodies
- List and evidence of publications if any (where applicable)
- Names and Addresses of 3 referees
Applicants are also required to request three (3) referees to report on them under confidential cover, addressed to:
Federal University Birnin Kebbi,
Along Birnin Kebbi – Kalgo Road,
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.
Application Deadline 2nd September, 2016.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.