Christian Aid Recruitment for Communications Officer 2018.
Christian Aid Job Vacancy for Communications Officer … Christian Aid is recruiting for Communications Officer. The ideal candidate must possess master’s degree in Mass communications or other related field.
Christian Aid (CA) is a UK-based international NGO, partnering with others to end poverty in Africa. At the heart of this vision is the transformation of the lives of people who live in poverty, empowering them to have a brighter future. Christian Aid works in more than 30 countries and has been operating in Nigeria since 2003. The Nigeria Country programme focuses on Community Health and HIV, Accountable Governance including humanitarian response and Gender.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Contracted Hours: 35
Reports to (Job Title): Humanitarian Response Manager
- To raise Christian Aid’s profile through effective content management. This role has responsibility for developing and implementing a communications strategy and plan for the Humanitarian Response.
- Critical to the success of this role is the ability to develop strong communications aimed at the Humanitarian Response’ target audience of high net-worth individuals and organisations. This includes producing ambitious and creative content that communicates results, best practice and Christian Aid’s added value to potential and existing investors.
- The Role holder identifies and shares the best stories, case studies that show how Christian Aid Nigeria and partners are changing lives of the poor and marginalised through its programmes.
- The role writes, edit, commissions a varied mix of content including case studies, interviews, blogs, photos and films in line with CA’s communication guideline and strategy for dissemination to show the value and impact of the Programmes especially in the Humanitarian Response.
- The role works within the Nigerian Country team and will be lined managed by the Humanitarian Response Manager and working with the program team to ensure proper and adequate communication of projects activities, developing articles and documentation in-line with CA Communication guide lines.
- Develop and adapt approaches to disseminate programme results and impact to communities, partners, government and other development actors.
- Work with staff and partners to utilize data in solution design and concept testing, including developing and organizing capacity-building activities related to humanitarian response for CA staff and partners as project solutions are being conceptualized and implemented.
- Work with key stakeholders in such strategic activities as coordination, policy meetings, and technical working groups.
- Identify and work with varying partners, NGOs, CBOs, communities, and government at local, state and national level to produce or adapt related job aids or promotional materials related to humanitarian response.
- Contribute to documenting experiences, impact case studies, preparing reports, presentations, briefs and articles for publication. Work collaboratively with other project team members to ensure necessary program planning, development, resource availability and management activities function smoothly and efficiently.
- External: The role holder may have contact with partners (NGOs & CBOs), communities, government and other development actors
- Internal: The role will work with humanitarian team, the communication unit and by extension the wider country office
- The ability to make day to day decisions on issues around communication to assist in the administration and smooth running of the partnership and programmes.
- Adapt and apply communications approaches, materials and tools relying on innovative and agile methodologies.
Developing self and others:
- Ability to take initiative, be self- motivated and build capacity of/guide new staff on Humanitarian response communication plan as well as the CA communications plan
Applied skills/knowledge and expertise:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in designing, implementing and evaluating humanitarian interventions within development approaches.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Good editorial skills. Highly proficient in written English and able to assimilate high volumes of information quickly and translate complexities into messaging that is compelling, jargon-free and accessible to the target audience.
- Experience of developing and delivering effective project communications strategies and plans.
- Knowledge of fundraising communications and an understanding of major donor audiences and the issues they relate to.
- Good knowledge of the international development sector, its issues and challenges.
- Excellent verbal, written, creative and presentation skills, with the ability to tell complex stories/information to audiences using a variety of media and channels.
- Self-motivated, resilient and persistent.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise own workload.
- Experience of using social media for marketing and fundraising purposes.
- Master’s degree in Mass communications or other related field.
- Previous experience working with international organizations required; experience with DFID, EU funded programs desirable.
- Exceptional interpersonal, excellent written and spoken English ability, oral presentation skills. Strategic thinking skills and strong team player abilities
IT competency required:
LEVEL 2: You are expected to be able to:
- Take on different work when necessary to achieve a team or organisational goal.
- Actively consult with others to ensure you understand their needs or goals.
- Listen to and take on board fresh perspectives and views, even if you initially disagree with them.
- Maintain relationships with individuals and networks, based on mutual understanding and respect.
- Make complex things simple for the benefit of others.
- Actively listen and question to check your understanding and draw out others when they are not expressing themselves clearly or seem to be holding back.
- Be sensitive to what others may be feeling, based on what they say, how they say it and their nonverbal behaviour, adapting your approach accordingly.
- Address difficult issues when they arise, being honest and open.
- Implement ways to reduce inefficiency in use of resources or pass the ideas on to someone who can make them happen.
- Estimate the resources needed to achieve your own work plans or objectives and deliver them in the most efficient and cost-effective way.
- Set and communicate realistic timelines for achieving tasks, working out how best to adapt if priorities change or unforeseen circumstances arise.
- Prioritise, plan and monitor your work to meet your own and team deliverables to agreed standards.
- Acknowledge others’ priorities whilst being prepared to say ‘no’ if there are genuine reasons why their needs cannot be met.
- Use logical processes and relevant tools and techniques to report on information or analyse options.
- Make timely and considered recommendations or decisions based on analysis of available data, information and evidence.
- Evaluate your own work and actively address gaps in knowledge and skills, without prompting.
- Recognise how you react to feedback and manage reactions positively, acting on specific feedback from others.
- Share your knowledge where it will help others to be more effective.
- Provide instruction, constructive feedback and guidance to others to help them learn.
Strive for improvement:
- Constructively challenge existing practice.
- Seek better ways of doing things, taking into account the possible implications.
- Make positive suggestions on a way forward when faced with challenges, even if these fall outside the scope of your own work.
- Look inside and outside Christian Aid for new ideas and evaluate their potential for your own work.
Application Deadline: 15th June, 2018.
Interview Date: 22nd June, 2018.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was interesting right, if yes, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, twitter or Google+.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.