=>> CHAT Right HERE with Our Representative - Immediate Response
Norwegian Refugee Council Recruitment for Education Officer.
Norwegian Refugee Council Job Vacancy for Education Officer… Norwegian Refugee Council is recruiting for Education Officer. The ideal candidate must possess Education degree or similar field.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters, NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Education Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Reports to: The Education Programme Development Manager.
- NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja
- NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Food Security; and Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) and recently Education in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, tool, handbooks, guidelines and donor requirements
- Implement the Education activities according to strategy, proposals, budgets and plans
- Prepare periodic status reports and other documents as required by management
- Break down the annual operational plans into weekly, monthly and quarterly implementation plans
- Ensure that procurement, development and distribution of materials and equipment are timely and according to procedures
- Identify and document key protection issues among beneficiaries (both Direct and indirect beneficiaries)
- Together with the Protection and Advocacy team facilitate capacity building initiatives for Education staff on protection mainstreaming
- Lead in organizing and facilitating trainings programmes in psychosocial support, life skills, content and pedagogy.
- Lead the Education emergency team in developing training programmes for teachers and Parent Teachers Association including follow-up and support.
- Participate in cluster trainings by offering technical skills and knowledge when required in consultation with the project coordinator.
- Develop and execute teacher support programme at school level together with Ministry of Education officials
- Supervision of Education assistants under your responsibility
- Education Degree or in similar field
- At least 3 years’ experience in similar positions
- Minimum of 3 years of teaching experience
- Experience in Teachers’ training
- Experience in budget management
- Experience working with community at grass root level
- Experience working in Ministry of Education system is preferred
- Documented results related to position
- Knowledge of local languages is an advantage
- High level English language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
- Analytic and computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
- Managing resources and achieving results
- Handling insecure environments
- Working with people
- Coping with change
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
- Communicating with impact and respect:
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Commencement: August 2018
- Duration: 7 months
- Salary/Benefits: According to NRC’s general directions (Grade Level 5 Step 1)
- Duty Stations: Maiduguri, Borno State – North East Nigeria with 30% frequent travels. Travel outside duty stations is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Apply
Application procedures and CV Registration
- Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV.
- There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.
Application Deadline: 6th July, 2018.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.