Entry Level Recruitment in Nigeria at General Electric – January 2017.
General Electric is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
General Electric is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: ECDP Supply Chain Program
Job Number: 2829970
Business: GE Global Growth Organization
Business Segment: Global Growth Organization Africa
Relocation Assistance: No
Role Summary / Purpose
- ECDP-SSA is a 12- month program designed to develop entry-level talent for GE businesses across Africa.
- The program purpose is to build expertise and leadership skills in specific areas of finance. The program includes classroom and online trainings.
- Candidates will undertake challenging assignments and benefit of exposure to GE senior leaders.
- ECDP is open to recent university/college graduates
- As a valuable member of our team, ECDP participants will receive many benefits including
- Challenging work assignments
- Engage with the business on operational start up planning for the facility including
- Moving of equipment into the facility
- Procurement of relevant equipment at the facility
- Set up of systems and processes working closely with other members of the project team
- Partner with leadership to execute and monitor community initiatives in Calabar
- Functional training
- Opportunities to network with Leaders and other ECDP members
- Support monitoring of construction and project management for the Calabar facility
- Coordinate the ERP set up with the business from an operational standpoint alongside the Digital/IT teams
- Business mentors
- Leadership training
- Essential skills training
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical engineering with a 3.0/4.0 or 3.75/5.0 CGPA
- 0 – 2 years’ experience in manufacturing or shop environment.
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required.
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
- Proficiency in computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite products
- Willingness to travel within your specified geographic region with occasional overnight stays depending on geography and business needs
- Strong attention to detail ensuring timely follow-up and closure
- Clear, concise and articulate communication skills – verbal, written and listening
- Able to take on ad-hoc assignments and work flexible hours as required
- Curiosity and desire to learn and expand skill set
- Ability to handle business sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity
- Good organizational and efficiency skills
- Experience working within a very busy environment where deadlines are clearly defined and must be met
- Ability to prepare and deliver effective presentations
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- High performer with a passion to achieve positive business results
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.