=>> CHAT Right HERE with Our Representative - Immediate Response
Insurance Jobs in Nigeria – Insurance is a broad work category that includes several types of coverage’s, including life and health insurance, casualty insurers, insurance brokers, and more. The field encompasses many job titles.
This list can act as a starting point to research the responsibilities involved in specific insurance industry positions.
You can then enter these job titles into the search field on job listing sites to find out more about the jobs.
Actuaries assess risk so they can set premiums. They usually specialize in one type of insurance. For instance, property insurance actuaries will analyze data about natural disasters to determine how much the insurance company would have to pay out in benefits should an earthquake occur.
This helps the company set appropriate premiums so it can remain profitable even if disaster strikes.
- Bachelor’s degree in math, statistics or related field
- Pass 10 actuarial exams.
- Pass several online courses.
- Attend conferences.
- Continuing education.
- Strong analytical skills and an understanding of human behavior
- Good business knowledge and problem-solving skills
- Ability to use database software, programming languages and statistical modeling software to organize and examine data
- Ability to communicate and consult with clients and colleagues
2. Sales Executive
Insurance sales managers lead teams of insurance sales agents towards meeting or exceeding their sales goals.
They have strong interpersonal skills and are passionate about educating themselves and their team members on business strategies.
To this end, insurance sales managers usually work full time in an office for agencies or brokerages, interacting with customers and other agents on a near-constant basis.
- Proven work experience as a sales representative
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with BRM and CRM practices along with the ability to build productive business professional relationships
- Highly motivated and the target is driven with a proven track record in sales
- Excellent selling, communication and negotiation skills
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback
- BS/BA degree or equivalent
- Present, promote and sell products/services using solid arguments to existing and prospective customers
- Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis of existing/potential customers to meet their needs
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships
- Reach out to customer leads through cold calling
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction
3. Life/Non-life Insurance Officer
The candidate will engage in the sales of company’s products
- Minimum of HND in any field
- Good team Spirit
- Good communication skill
- Target oriented ability
4. Financial Sales Advisor
Financial advisors spend much of their time researching and analyzing investment opportunities and meeting with clients and potential clients to go over investment strategies.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Market research
- Market analysis
- Recruit and solicit clients
- Assess clients’ needs and goals
- Recommend strategies
- Execute strategies
- Monitor accounts
- Identify new opportunity
- This job is for only those who have 5 years or more experience with proven verifiable track records of constantly meeting and surpassing their budgets in the insurance industry.
- This job is strictly for those who have experience in marketing and sales of insurance services.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent
5. Life/Non-life Insurance Marketer
Life insurance sales marketer sell life insurance policies to individuals and then collect monthly or yearly payments from the policyholder.
If the policyholder dies, agents ensure that beneficiaries receive the designated financial settlement from the policy.
- Design and implement effective marketing strategies to sell new insurance contracts or adjust existing ones
- Contact potential clients and create rapport by networking, cold calling, using referrals, etc.
- Appraise the wishes and demands of business or individual customers and sell the suitable protection plans
- Collect information from clients on their risk profiles in order to offer them the proper solution
- Prepare reports to shareholders on the success of your business endeavors
- Retain continuous awareness of transactions, sales, and terms and keep relative records
- Check insurance claims to solidify trust and safeguard the reputation
- Frequently replenish job-specific knowledge and apply it on the field
- Minimum of HND/BSc from a recognized tertiary Institution (Marketing experience is an added advantage).
- Good Communication Skill
- Good team spirit.
- Ability to work with little or no Supervision
- Target Oriented Ability
Part – Time jobs
6. Reinsurance Specialist
This role is individually accountable for providing an immediate response to administrative requirements in accordance with SLA parameters, in a processing environment. Technical knowledge is limited to some products and or processes.
- Follows standardized processes and provides administrative support in line with normal business functioning.
- Delivers on daily operational standards and adheres to service and quality standards.
- Provides an indirect service to customers and intermediaries.
- Responds to immediate requirements within a procedure.
- Uses standard administrative techniques to coordinate own work.
- Product and process knowledge in different areas may differ but basic skills remain the same.
- Technical knowledge is limited to some products and or processes.
Requirements, Qualifications and Experience
- A first degree or its equivalent.
- Good Analytical skills.
- Technical/insurance product knowledge and relevant experience would be an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office suite.
7. Retail Processing Officer
Retail bankers act in a customer service role, advising on and assisting with services such as setting up savings accounts, authorizing loans and moving money.
- First degree in Insurance, Finance, Business Admin or any related discipline.
- Partly or fully qualified Professional (ACIIN or ACII)
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ Experience
- Prior Experience in a similar role is an added advantage.
- Basic experience – Products knowledge and customer relationship plus good communication skills
- Ability to grasp things easily and align with the system
- Underwriting responsibilities as assigned by the Team lead e.g. opening file for new customers, key in details of customers into a p10 application, rolling out policy documents and other relevant documents for approval by the head of retail, etc.
- Renewal of accounts as at when due. This must be based on instructions received from customers with evidence of payments
- Supplying of relevant documents to Finance for issuance of payment receipts
- Appointment of trackers to track insured vehicles
- Processing of payments for trackers and reconciliation of accounts
8. Insurance Officer
Insurance officer oversees complaints and queries and pro-actively follow the resolution.
- Minimum of 3-5 years working experience is required for the position
- Must have at least an HND and above credentials.
- Aptitude for numbers and calculations
- Sound judgment
- Strong attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Aptitude for working with computers
- Performed monitoring, evaluations, auditing, and regular feedback for growth opportunities.
- Retention Account Specialist.
- Pre-underwriting prior to policy submission to mitigate risk and improve accuracy.
- Examine ratings and thoroughly research policies to ensure customer retention.
- Monitor insurance claims to ensure they are settled
9. Network Expansion Manager
A network expansion manager meets with utilities, MSO’s, and local government/permitting agencies to coordinate timing and collaborative efforts, including project schedules. Works with developers and builders in commercial and residential locations
- 5-10 years job-related experiences, including knowledge of dealer networks, experience in Automobile dealer networks a plus.
- Proven experience in creating customer success.
- Ability to effectively conduct presentations / public speaking.
- Exceptional Project Management skills, including strong problem-solving and decision-making experience
- Proactively work with the dealer operators to develop their business, improve their sales performance and their customer experience with respect to service.
- Implementation of new service, exclusivity agreements and ensuring all required documents are complete and accurate
- Implementation of dealer performance upgrades through facility expansions, relocations, renovations, and consultation
- Counsel with new vehicle dealerships to adopt and maintain a prototypical facility design
- Present and counsel new vehicle dealers on performance metrics such as profitability, sales, and customer experience metrics.
10. Claims Officer
Claims officers undertake a physical inspection of reported claims; analyze claims data and policy documents to determine the extent of the company’s liability.
- Register notification of claims into claims Register, open a file and allocate claim number
- Extract relevant information on the risks covered from the underwriting file and document such in the claims file
- Acknowledge claim notification and request for claims substantiating document from claimant/broker to ensure accurate and complete information on claims.
- Book appointment with claimants/brokers to arrange for physical inspection of claims
- Undertake physical inspection and investigation to ascertain the validity of report claims
- Write a report on inspection and investigation containing findings and recommendation for minimizing the effect of claims settlement on the company
- Minimum qualification of HND
- Must have 3 year’s experience in a similar role.
- Basic Knowledge of the Insurance business and personnel practices
- Business Ethics
These are different insurance job positions in Nigeria. You are free to go for the position you know you are qualified for.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.