Job at KOP Surface Products, Port Harcourt for a Base Manager. KOP Surface Products is a leading global supplier of surface production equipment to the oil and gas industry. The main products are surface wellheads and trees for offshore and land-based surface production.
The company provides engineering, manufacturing, installation and life-of-field support services and traces its history back to 1934. KOP Surface Products has its headquarters in Singapore and its main manufacturing operations in Batam, Indonesia. It has more than 750 highly qualified employees and a global network of service centers (providing installation and operation support for all products).
KOP Surface Products is part of oilfield services investment company Akastor.
Job Title: Base Manager
Responsibilities and tasks
– To manage the end-to-end operational and administrative requirements and needs of the service base, in accordance to established HSE and Quality procedures
– To direct and manage all base employees in accordance to pre-set operational requirements.
– To manage and maintain a good working relationship with the local community
Key Accountabilities /Responsibilities
- Act as the key liaison between KOP and all local customers
- Supervise, manage and mentor all direct reports and ensure that they do the same for their respective teams
- Monitor inventory levels and systems in the warehouse to ensure all equipment and tools are sufficient and fit for purpose
- Supervise all workshop and yard activities to ensure all activities are conducted safely
- Ensure that all equipment is fit for purpose and serviced regularly so as to perform to a high standard and in a safe manner
- Ensure required equipment is packed and labelled correctly and delivered on time to the rig/platform
- Issue Delivery Tickets (DT’s) as required for all items leaving the Yard and ensure that all necessary information has been recorded i.e. receiver’s signature & cost centre number
- Ensure all equipment to be inspected, cleaned and repaired as necessary before being returned to stock
- Transportation arrangement made for equipment from port to yard and vice versa.
- Conduct regular stock checks on equipment to ensure there is enough available for upcoming operations and Material Request (MR) issued if replacement needed
- Review all shipping reports and ensure that receiving/deliveries to/from Batam are on time and meet customer’s requirement
- Ensure all equipment/spares and customers equipment is recorded on an inventory report
- Maintain good work and personal ethics in line with the company values
- Follow up drilling plan and prepare equipment and operations at base
- Responsible for personnel development and training of all employees at the base. To recommend training requirements as/when required to Singapore for further action
- Ensure all documents for revenue generation are signed in a timely manner
- Ensure Call Off for Personnel are clear and correct
- Attend customer meetings regularly to follow the requirements
Qualifications & personal attributes
- Minimum Diploma in a Technical field
- Engineering degree would be beneficial but is not required
- Minimum 10 years of technical working experience.
Abilities and Knowledge
- Proven ability to manage and provide meaningful direction to a diverse group of employees and
- Strong negotiation and people management skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Able to read, understand and give instructions in English.
- Strong team player and motivator.
- IT literate
- Flexible attitude towards work and an eagerness to learn new skills.
- Familiar with engineering drawings and knowledge in maintenance of tools & pressure testing.
- Full understanding of wellhead installation procedures.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.