=>> CHAT Right HERE with Our Representative - Immediate Response
Mobile Developer Job Description – The mobile application industry is booming, with total revenues from mobile apps projected to reach $99 billion by 2020, so it’s no wonder why Mobile Developers are in high demand. If you wish to start a career as a Mobile developer, there are certain skills you need to possess.
As you read further in this article, you will get to know the job description, duties and responsibilities, skills and qualifications, and the salary information of a Mobile Developer. To help you further, I have included some companies you can apply to if you meet the requirements.
Job Description of a Mobile Developer
A mobile application developer uses programming languages to create, manage, and maintain unique mobile and tablet applications that meet a client’s requirements. A mobile application developer may work with more than one operating system and programming language. The main responsibility of a developer involves designing, planning, and creating a mobile application that facilitates users’ needs and fulfills the client’s requirements.
A mobile developer is good in IT programming and has an in-depth knowledge of the different computer languages such as C++, Java, HTML, MySQL, PHP, Objective-C, and Wireless Networks. They also work closely with computer analysts and engineers in applying the various languages for creating and developing mobile apps.
Specialization in mobile phone application development and design is required to pursue this career as well as in-depth knowledge of at least one computer language. Mobile applications can be written for any particular system, Windows, iOS or Android, and will only function on that particular system.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establishing detailed program specifics through discussion with clients.
- Clarifying which actions the program is intended to perform.
- Breaking down all the program specifications into simple elements, and then translating this logic into a programming language, after collecting all the details and the client’s requirements for the mobile application.
- Problem-solving, related to any anticipated problems.
- Project work, including writing specific sections of the program.
- Integration of all the elements of the program and execution of the application.
- Testing of the mobile application as the final stage of mobile application development using sample data-sets to verify that the output of the program works as intended and meets the clients’ requirements.
- Identifying the mistakes and bugs and correcting them.
- Evaluating and making adjustments as needed to ensure and improve the functionality of the app.
- Designing a mobile application that is adaptable to new requirements.
- Launching a user-acceptance test to ensure that the program is easy, responsive and accurate.
- Writing detailed documentation for the operation of the program for mobile users and operators.
- Generating consultation manuals, technical reports and periodicals to foresee new ways to develop programs and manage existing skills and knowledge. and,
- Updating, modifying and repairing existing mobile applications.
Skills and Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in computer science, software engineering, mobile application development, or any programming-related field.
- Hands-on experience developing mobile applications for any of the major platforms (iOS, Android, Windows Phone)
- Experience coding with Mobile Frameworks such as Xcode, Android SDK, and or Windows Phone App Studio
- Experience with mobile development languages such as Objective-C, Java for Android, and/or C# for Windows Phone
- Experience with a responsive design for mobile-ready websites
- Experience with mobile app frameworks such as Sencha or PhoneGap
- Ability to collaborate with fellow Mobile Developers to solve problems as they arise.
- Ability to develop complex project plans based on information from client meetings.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
Job Opportunities for Mobile Developers
The following are the top 10 mobile developing companies you can apply for a job as a Mobile Developer:
Intuz is a premier digital agency located in San Jose, California that provides end-to-end custom software application development services on Mobile, Web, IoT & Blockchain. Founded in 2008 with offices in San Francisco & India, their 50 plus team have a proven track record of delivering cutting-edge mobile apps, digital products and web applications for Startups, SMBs to Fortune 500 companies.
Emerge is a digital service agency based in Portland, Oregon. Founded in 1998 and with a team of about 30, Emerge uses its world-class expertise to create innovative apps, digital products, and web pages.
Utility, a New York-based mobile app and web development company was founded in 2013. It has a team of about 40 engineers, digital strategists, and creative designers who serve small, mid-market, and enterprise clients across all industries. They complement their development expertise with UX/UI design.
- Brainvire Infotech Inc.
Brainvire, founded in 2000 is based out of South Jordan, Utah, with other offices across the US, India, and the UAE. Specializing in e-commerce development, they also provide web and mobile app development, game development, and ERP and CRM integration.
Headquartered in Warsaw, Poland and with an office in Atlanta, Georgia, 10Clouds has built software for businesses worldwide since 2009. The team of 120 plus focuses on web development, software development, and DevOps services for scale-ups and enterprise clients.
Founded in 2010, DockYard is a digital product agency in Boston that focuses on custom software, mobile, and web app design and development. DockYard caters to startups, mid-market, and enterprise clients nationwide and also offers UX, staff augmentation, and training. Their 80-person team develops using Ember, Elixir, and Phoenix.
Miquido excels at building data-driven apps and web services. They have delivered 100 plus digital products for music & video streaming, m-commerce, FinTech, and other industries. Their team takes care of Web and Mobile Development, UX/UI Design, R&D, Artificial Intelligence, Data Science and Digital Transformation of Businesses.
Founded in 2015, Heady is a development company with expertise in the mobile app, website, and custom software development. Their team of 32 employees complements this development experience with UI/UX design and application management and support. Headquartered in Brooklyn, New York with the second workspace in Mumbai, India, Heady has experience developing apps for both Android and iOS platforms.
- Willowtree, Inc.
Mobile application development company WillowTree, Inc. was founded in 2007. With headquarters in Charlottesville, Va., and offices in New York and Durham, N.C., WillowTree has a team of 200 plus. They offer full-service development for both iOS and Android platforms, including mobile strategy, user experience design, testing, launching, and maintenance.
RightPoint is a development agency founded in 2007. They are headquartered in Chicago and have additional offices in Atlanta and Royal Oak, Mich. RightPoint has more than 450 employees that provide services for digital strategy, web development, and CRM consulting and SI.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the national median salary for Software Developers, which includes Mobile Developers, is presented below in a tabular form in different currencies:
|Dollar ($)||Naira (₦)||Pound (£)||Euro (€)|
|$58,300 – $103,000||₦20,988,000 – ₦37,080,000||£45,835 – £80,948||€51,513 – €91,009|
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.