SANDF Application Forms, Closing dates, and Requirements.
The SA Navy is one of the arms of service of the South African National Defence Force (SANDF). If your passion has always been to wear the Navy Uniform, you can actualize your dream. It is not really a big deal.
All you need to do is to visit the official website and fill the online application form and wait for a notice from them to see if you have been offered employment.
If you are successful, you will receive a notice from the SA Navy if they have been offered a job. This article will tell you more about SANDF and what you need to do to be part of them. Read On!
The SA Navy is a modern, balanced and credible Navy that commands international respect and contributes to the safety, security, and welfare of South Africa in times of peace and war.
The South African Navy uses ships and submarines to conduct its business and its fleet is based in Simon’s Town (Cape Town). The South African Navy has Naval Stations in Durban and Port Elizabeth. The Headquarters is situated in Pretoria.
Below are all the SA Navy offices/departments you can apply for:
- Combat Officers.
- Weapons Operators.
- Protection Force.
- Engine Room Attendants.
- Public Relations.
- Human Resources.
- Physical Training.
- Maritime Reaction Squad
- Submarine Service
- SA Navy Divers
- Student Engineers
- Student Technical Officer
- SA Navy Band
- Compulsory Medical fitness (applicants will have to undergo the prescribed SANDF military health examination).
- Compulsory Psychometric tests with prove.
- Applications complying with the minimum requirements will be subjected to further screening.
- Shortlisted candidates identified will then be invited to partake in a selection process.
- You must be a citizen of South Africa. While this is a must, note that if you are a dual citizen, your application will not be considered except you relinquish it.
- You must have no criminal record or any case that is pending, else, you would be automatically disqualified.
- Your age must be within 18 and 22 if you are applying with your grade 12 certificate. However, if you are a graduate, then, you must not be more than 26 years of age, and also, your degree certificate must be from a recognized university.
- While your marital status may not really count, it is advisable that you should apply if you are single as those in that category will enjoy preferential consideration.
- There must be a readiness to take part in essential military and functional training. Then, you must be ready to serve in the military uniform.
How to Join SANDF
If you are interested in the SA Navy and you wish to join them, you can do so. It is not really a big deal. All you need to do is to go to the official website and fill the online application form and wait for a notice from them to see if you have been offered employment.
Successful candidates will receive a notice from the SA Navy if they have been offered a job. So ensure to always check your email and SMS alert to see if you have any message from the South African Navy. Note that, not all candidates that applied for this job will be offered employment.
How to Apply for SANDF
To be able to work with the SA Navy, the first thing that you need to do, now that you have known the requirements, is to download the SANDF application form 2019 from the Department of Defence’s official website.
This Defence Intelligence application form must be carefully filled with the relevant information, and upon submission, please note that you will have to submit with the following documents:
- A valid means of identification/ID card;
- The authentic and verifiable copy of your grade 12 certificate. On the alternative, you can submit an attestation if you are presently in your 12th grade or you have not received your certificate;
- Your up-to-date Curriculum Vitae;
- The certificate of highest academic qualification which you have obtained so far.
- Psychometric evaluation: This is done to assess the candidate’s aptitude and potential to develop in the position that was applied for.
- The nature of these tests will depend on the position applied for.
- A Selection Board will be conducted in order to assess the applicant’s interest in the position applied for, as well as his or her interest in the Defence Force in general.
- The interview will also focus on self- confidence, leadership potential and communication skills.
- A comprehensive medical evaluation will be conducted by appointed military medical practitioners in order to assess the applicant’s medical history and current medical status.
- All applicants must be declared fit for military training before commencement.
- Fingerprints of applicants will be sent to the Criminal Record Bureau for verification.
Records of convictions will be evaluated based on the severity thereof and how recently the offense(s) occurred.
Currently, the application for SA Navy 2019 intake has closed. If you need an update on when the form will be available again for online registration, drop your email or number on the comment section below or simply subscribe to our newsletter below so you can get the latest news from us about the SA Navy recruitment intake.
To visit SA Navy website or portal, click on OFFICIAL LINK
With this article, I believe that you’ve been able to acquire all the information you need to know about SANavy. If you want your dreams of serving South Africa to come true, do not fail to begin your application process today.
Remember that your comments and contributions are always appreciated, don’t hesitate to drop one before you leave. SUCCESS!
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.