=>> CHAT Right HERE with Our Representative - Immediate Response
Action Against Hunger Recruitment for Sector Manager – Value Chain Enhancement.
Action Against Hunger Job Vacancy for Sector Manager – Value Chain Enhancement… Action Against Hunger is recruiting for Sector Manager – Value Chain Enhancement. The ideal candidate must possess Degree or Post Graduate Qualification in relevant fields.
Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sector Manager – Value Chain Enhancement
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Full Time
Job Summary/Project Description
- The position is based in Maiduguri, Borno State and reports to the RESILAC Project Coordinator.
- The RESILAC project, “Lake Chad Inclusive Economic and Social Recovery” aims to provide a response combining emergency, rehabilitation and recovery in the Lake Chad region (bordering with Cameroon, Niger, Nigeria and Chad) – an area affected by an economic and social crisis, recurring climate shocks and a regional security crisis.
- The project has received support from the French Development Agency and the European Union (via the EU Emergency Trust Fund for Africa).
- The Sector Manager – Value Chain Enhancement will play a key role in supporting the RESILAC Project Coordinator, developing and leading the identification of major sectors with potential for competitiveness and the enhancement of key value chains.
- The RESILAC project provides an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to the international environment within this multi-country intervention and establish relationships with professionals working in other RESILAC countries (Chad, Cameroon, Niger) as well as with the other consortium partners based in Europe.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Strategic planning and operations set-up for Value Chain Enhancement pillar of the RESILAC programme.
- Technical and operational lead of Value Chain Enhancement activities in target areas.
- Lead the identification of key potentially competitive value-chains, key constraints to their development and potential solutions.
- Lead beneficiary/groups targeting on the basis of a clear methodology.
- Ensure project management, oversight and reporting for the Value Chain Enhancement pillar.
- Represent Action Against Hunger externally at the local government level and technical work groups.
- Support relationship building and management with technical Government and non-governmental implementation partners, as well as other key stakeholders.
- Degree or Post Graduate Qualification in Economics, Business Management, Agronomy, Agro-Environmental Studies or similar field.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in economic recovery projects, market enhancement, commerce or agro-environmental initiatives and at least 1 year in managerial positions.
- Proven experience with supporting the rehabilitation of productive systems and/or developing value chains in a similar socio-environmental context.
- Strong drive for innovation in food value-chains development.
- Proven management and coordination skills (HR, projects, and stress management).
- Proven ability to translate analysis and evaluation into operational planning and strategy.
- Experience with evaluations and monitoring as well as Program Cycle Management.
- Clear understanding of child and gender protection issues in the field.
- Good understanding of the North East Nigeria social and operational environment.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Apply
- Advert may close before the due date once we receive application from qualified candidates.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: 16th July, 2018.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google +.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.